The Librarian

Good day! What can you tell me regarding the 1975 prediction of Armageddon? I appreciate your response.. Thank you and God bless!

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
David Normand -

Top Posters

While there was likely a lot of speculation surrounding 1975 by individuals, no publication ever provided a definitive statement saying that the end would come in 1975. Some articles seemed to say that it was highly possible, though they always qualified it.

For example, the 5/01/67 Watchtower says: 

"...1975 marks the end of 6,000 years of human experience.....Will it be the time when God executes the wicked?....It very well could be, but we will have to wait and seean article in the Watchtower at the end of 1974 and it was referring to what all Witnesses heard at their conventions that summer. So the facts are that anyone who was saying that Armageddon was definitely going to come by 1975 just was not listening carefully. They were doing what critics still do; rip statements out of context and selectively choose only what they want out of the literature.

È VERO CHE I TESTIMONI DI GEOVA HANNO FATTO PREVISIONI INESATTE SULLA DATA DELLA FINE?

I testimoni di Geova hanno effettivamente nutrito delle aspettative errate circa la data in cui sarebbe venuta la fine. Come i discepoli di Gesù del I secolo, abbiamo pensato che qualche profezia stesse per adempiersi quando non era ancora arrivato il tempo stabilito da Dio (

Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
). Condividiamo il pensiero di Alexander H. Macmillan, un fedele Testimone, che disse: “Ho imparato che dovremmo ammettere i nostri errori e continuare a esaminare la Parola di Dio per essere illuminati”.

Perché allora continuiamo a predicare che la fine è vicina? Perché prendiamo seriamente l’esortazione di Gesù: “Continuate a stare in guardia, siate svegli”. In caso contrario, se cioè Gesù ci trovasse “addormentati”, non potremmo ottenere il suo favore (

Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
). Come mai?

Pensate ad esempio a un esperto di un centro d’allerta tsunami che, in base ai dati in suo possesso, lancia un allarme. Forse quella volta l’onda anomala non arriva, ma in un’altra occasione la prontezza dell’esperto potrebbe salvare delle vite.

In modo analogo, a volte abbiamo nutrito aspettative errate circa la data della fine. Ma ci interessa di più ubbidire a Gesù e salvare delle vite che evitare le critiche. Il comando di Gesù di “dare completa testimonianza” ci spinge ad avvertire gli altri riguardo alla fine (

Hello guest!
).

Crediamo che, anziché concentrarsi su quando verrà la fine, sia più importante avere fiducia che la fine verrà, e agire di conseguenza. Prendiamo seriamente le parole di 

Hello guest!
, che dice: “Anche se [la fine] dovesse attardarsi [rispetto alle previsioni], attendila; poiché si avvererà immancabilmente. Non tarderà”.

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
    • By Witness
      “Nourishing Spiritual Food”? 
      I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I haven’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of houses, properties and goods was given to the Watchtower at that time period.  But I will not dismiss the large possibility.  What is important about this video, is hearing how 1975 was truly proclaimed from the source; quite contrary to how the 2017 convention presented it: 
      “…you see, back then, some were looking to a certain date as signifying the end of this old system of things. A few, even went so far as selling their homes and quitting their jobs. (km 5/1974)"
      “But the prophet who speaks a word presumptuously in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.” 
       You may say in your heart, “How shall we know the word which Yahweh has not spoken?”  When a prophet speaks in Yahweh’s name, if the thing doesn’t follow, nor happen, that is the thing which Yahweh has not spoken. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You shall not be afraid of him.              Deut 18:20-22
      “This is what the LORD of Hosts says: "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you. They are making you worthless. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the LORD's mouth.”  Jer 23:16
      “Behold, I am against the prophets, says Yahweh, who use their tongues, and say, He says. 32 Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, says Yahweh, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their vain boasting: yet I didn’t send them, nor commanded them; neither do they profit this people at all, says Yahweh.”  Jer 23:31-32
      If we claim to read God's Word and live by it, then God's Word should help us distinguish truth from lies.  Matt 3:10

• By The Librarian
      by District Overseer Charles Sinutko (Sheboygan – 1967)

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Haga clic
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. para descargar el archivo 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Despertad_1975-10-22.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Minister of the Jehovah's Witnesses aid in the baptism of some of the 524 converts to the faith in a pool set up at Belmont Park Race Track. The baptism is a high-light of the four-day Witnesses Divine Sovereignty assembly, which ends tomorrow. August 08, 1975. (Photo by Nury Hernandez/New York Post Archives / (c) NYP Holdings, Inc. via Getty Images)
    • By Jesus.defender
      1888 "In this chapter we present the Bible evidence proving that the full end of the times of the gentiles, i.e., the full end of their lease of dominion, will be reached in A.D. 1914; and that the date will be the farthest limit of the rule of imperfect men. And be it observed, that if this is shown to be a fact firmly established by the Scriptures, it will prove; Firstly, that at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, Thy Kingdom come, will obtain full, universal control, and that it will then be set up, or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions." (The Time Is At Hand, 1888, p. 76, 77)

1968 "'Adam Created At Close Of 'Sixth Day' Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly, but we wait to see how closely the seventh thousand-year period of man's existence coincides with the Sabbath-like thousand-year reign of Christ....It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years.' (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 499)

• By Jesus.defender
      If the organization did not actually prophesy the end in 1925 and 1975, then how come so many Witnesses left the faith immediately afterwards? ("They lost roughly three-quarters of the movement between 1925 and 1928, then suffered huge losses after 1975, when the end didn't come as they had implied over and over again," said Jim Penton, an ex-Witness who writes entries on Jehovah's Witnesses for the Encyclopedia Americana.)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Humberto Signorelli
    Newest Member
    Humberto Signorelli

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.