Last Reply

Replies

Views

bruceq -
bruceq -

Top Posters

4 hours ago, Micah Ong said:

New World Translation

Isaiah 45:23 "By myself I have sworn; The word has gone out of my mouth in righteousness, And it will not return:

Hello guest!
To me every knee will bend, Every tongue will swear loyalty

Philippians 2:10 "so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground

2 Corinthians 13:14 "The undeserved kindness of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the sharing in the holy spirit be with all of you." (Interlinear says: "fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with all you.")

Interlinear John 1:1 "In beginning was the Word and the Word was with - God and God was the Word)

It doesn't say and 'a' God was the Word.  It reads how it reads and both mentions of God start with Capital letters.

The only Translation that I am aware of that puts "a god" is the the translation by a Spiritist who claims that the Holy Spirit came upon Joseph and they conceived Jesus.

You do know what Jehovah's Witnesses believe right?  Jesus can be called God in the same way other angels have dozens of times in the Bible.

There are dozens of examples where angels have "said" such things as "I am the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob". Such as at the burning bush to Moses. Who was actually speaking there? God or the angel? Who actually said those words? Lets find out shall we: "  Jehovah’s {the LORD's} VOICE was heard:  ‘I am the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob...the ANGEL WHO SPOKE to him on Mount Siʹnai ". So it was the LORD's voice yet  the ANGEL!!!  So of course Jesus can be called God. Does not mean he is anymore than this angel was. ACTS 7:30-38. John 1:1.

Now lets take the Scriptures you used to prove the Trinity shall we:

Isaiah 45:23 : Isaiah was a JEW and Jews do not believe in a Trinity

Philippians 2:10, 2 Corinthians 13:14: Both of these Scriptures were written by Paul and he was a JEW who did not believe in a Trinity.

John 1:1 : John was a JEW and Jews do not believe in a Trinity. In context he even explains that "No man can see God at ANY time" Jn 1:18 yet thousands saw Jesus. But where is your 3 in 1 god?

I certainly hope you can do better than that???

PLEASE show us a Scripture from the Bible {You have read it before I assume} that proves your God is a Trinity. I challenge you!

And if you wish to cop out of this and actually answer the question related to your own post then please answer this:  "So if Jesus was not praying to YHWH then which God was he praying to"?