The World News Media

What is a Christian Man's MORAL responsibility to protect his own life, or that of his immediate or spiritual family?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 10.5k
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should realize that Jesus was aware that there were so many things his apostles had to learn and overcome such as fear of man and the customs they grew up with. Jesus did not set out correcting ev

Everyone has to live with his or her conscience but it is a protection to adhere to the advice of the faithful and discreet slave. Although someone could point to the violence in the world as a ration

Nnaemeka: The phrase comes to mind, paraphrased ... " ... If a man does not take care of his own, he is worse than a man without the faith."  To me that means spiritual education, food, shelter,

Posted Images

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You cannot expect evil, determined people intent on

MURDERING YOU .... to follow ANY signs or ANY rules !

NONE WHATSOEVER!

That is the one thing Snowflakes never understand about EVIL.

Quite true. The commitment to evil is quite often unperceived by those who do not share it.

Anyone who expects peaceful behaviour to dissuade evil intent has obviously not considered Ezekiel 38:10-12:

“This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘In that day thoughts will come into your heart, and you will devise an evil plan. You will say: “I will invade the land of unprotected settlements. I will come against those living in security, without disturbance, all of them living in settlements unprotected by walls, bars, or gates.”  It will be to take much spoil and plunder, to attack the devastated places that are now inhabited and a people regathered from the nations, who are accumulating wealth and property, those who are living in the center of the earth."

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Making Kingdom Halls "Gun Free Zones" ONLY makes professional victims out of everybody inside, as anyone who is going to MURDER ... will be unconcerned with what he is "allowed to do", or NOT "allowed to do".

Could you explain this again, please?

The problem may have something to do with  Corinthians 2:14...

"But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually"

Whoever suggested that Kingdom Halls carried the designation of "Gun Free Zones" anyway? Didn't that just come from your own head?

Guest J.R. Ewing

You go “ROOK”. DonÂ’t take anything from liberal bible thumpers, and their attempts to take your “weapon” away. Spoken like a “true” member of the National Rifle Association.

You, continue to fight for the right to bear arms, and uphold the constitution of these United States of America that, was endowed as a right for its citizens. You keep singing that “pledge” of allegiance, loud and proud, like a Yankee doodle dandy!!!

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Spoken like a true "Trump" supporter!!!!B|

It is interesting that the insane responses  above COMPLETELY ignore that at the Passover and the Memorial of Christ's Death .... that at least two Apostles had they very own state of the art (for the time...) portable weapons with them at their meeting place.. (Luke 22:36).

About the same era. Marcus Aurelius made a statement something like "It is not the purpose of life to be in the majority ... but to avoid being in the ranks of the insane".

You can always tell who is insane.... they attack the messenger of ideas they don't like ... but never the ideas.

This is normal, but it is still insane.

Some stool pigeon ratted on Shadrach, Meshech, Abednego and Rookie. "King Neb, didn't you say that when the whole shebang of instruments clanged, everyone must drool over that idol you set up? What a wise law that is! But Shadrach, Meshech, Abednego and Rookie haven't done it!"

"WHAT?!!" King Neb exploded. "Throw them into the fiery furnace. Stoke it up extra-hot first!!!" 

But as the guards approached, Rookie pulled out his six-shooter. "You forgot to declare this a gun-free zone," he smiled sardonically, and blasted the guards into smithereens - filling them all with gaping holes you could put your fist through.

As he twirled his gun and slammed it down into its holster, all the Jews hailed him as their savior. 'Who needs God, anyway?' they said. 

Very clever. TTH .... Very clever.

Also another one of your creative absurd personal  "projections", and as usual ... completely and totally irrelevant to any logic, reason, or reality.

That is why many aspiring novelists have a garage full of their "Vanity Publishing" books.

Just think of my commentary as new material for your next book.

THE ROOK   300     .jpg

Oh... and thanks for the PERFECT "setup".

Absolutely PERFECT!

You even mentioned my going back in time, and my six-shooter !

Your conclusion paragraph needs a rework, however.

Guest J.R. Ewing

Yes, Continue, to fight for your rights, that man has given you. Manipulate scripture to mean something that Jesus didn’t subscribe to. Those of us that donÂ’t distort scripture like the NRA, understand only too well where the insanity lies!!!

Those who live by the sword, (Matthew 26:52- Galatians 3:10-11) will die by the sword. In essence, after admonishing an apostle for taking the ear off a guard, that Jesus, ended having to heal? then the moral of the story is if you don’t have faith in God, by means of Jesus NOT needing the apostles to “defend” him, then, live by man’s law, and don’t consider yourself Christian.

picks-b0587835c17a34a6(1).jpg

I know, you will have, a very happy, Thanksgiving.!!!^_^

J.R. Ewing:

4 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

You go “ROOK”. Don’t take anything from liberal bible thumpers, and their attempts to take your “weapon” away. Spoken like a “true” member of the National Rifle Association.

You, continue to fight for the right to bear arms, and uphold the constitution of these United States of America that, was endowed as a right for its citizens. You keep singing that “pledge” of allegiance, loud and proud, like a Yankee doodle dandy!!!

1.)  I am not a member of the National Rifle Association ... which in all the massacres and shootings that have taken place have NEVER had ANY member be the perpetrator.... it's always people with YOUR attitude doing the murders.

2.) As I have posted before, with photocopies of their Passport Applications, the Past Presidents of the WTB&TS have ALL sworn allegiance to the US Constitution, and sworn to, BEFORE GOD, protect the US Constitution, against all enemies foreign and domestic, as ADULTS serving the Corporation.  ( ...and as an aside... as an adult I HAVE NOT.)

3.) We are endowed with rights by Jehovah God. (Even cats have retractable claws). Governments may or may not insure those rights, but they do not endow natural rights ... the MOST BASIC of which is survival against evil.

4. ) No one "sings" the US pledge of allegiance  - your lack of education betrays your perspective on everything you stated which is all wrong, distorted and because it was used to try and disparage me ... EVIL.

2 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

I know, you will have, a very happy, Thanksgiving.!!!^_^

But, thank you for the "Thanksgiving" wishes .... What follows is the actual Thanksgiving day Proclamation issued by Abraham Lincoln.

Please review it and specifically tell me what you find so offensive about it.  I see NOTHING wrong with it. Nothing at all!

" Washington, D.C.
October 3, 1863

By the President of the United States of America.

A Proclamation.

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God. In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union. Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle or the ship; the axe has enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom. No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and one voice by the whole American People. I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to His tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

In testimony whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the Seal of the United States to be affixed.

Done at the City of Washington, this Third day of October, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, and of the Independence of the United States the Eighty-eighth.

By the President: Abraham Lincoln

William H. Seward,
Secretary of State"

Please review it and specifically tell me what you find so

offensive about it.  I see NOTHING wrong with it. Nothing at all!

Guest J.R. Ewing

Interesting, how quickly you have forgotten the writing in Luke.

Those that “advertise” to join the national rifle association on their “Facebook” page is, in FACT, an indirect member of the NRA, by proxy. Thinking it, ergo, you become in your heart what you advertise. I believe the word youÂ’re looking for here is “endorsement”. Say it with me!! ENDORSEMENT, thatÂ’s a good fellow!!

james rook.png

No different, when committing adultery because of our thoughts. Matthew 5:28

As for the “pledge of allegiance” well, I think we both know, who needs to know, the definition of “in unison”. But, don’t get upset, Rooky old boy, that’s life, that’s what people say!!!  ¬¬

Are You in Sync?

What do marching bands, religious chanting, reciting the pledge of allegiance, singing in unison, and rock concert mosh pits have in common? A recent study from Stanford suggests such synchronizing activities facilitate bonding and mutual support among the participants.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/leegreenwood/pledgeofallegiance.html

Yet, in the beginning of your post, you claim not to support your government, and you show us another illustration of, another, example, of governmental support by Abraham Lincolns Thanksgiving Proclamation. Way to go ROOK!!! ¬¬

Keep them coming!!!! :D

J.R. Ewing:

Your absurd extrapolations are sad to behold.

Normally, all prostitutes wear shoes ... but not all those that wear shoes are prostitutes.

AND .... your sad deflection to absurdity allowed you to NOT find anything wrong with Thanksgiving, even when given the complete text of the Proclamation that defined it. 

WITH THAT ASSURANCE .... I am completely assured that there is no problem with me observing the Holiday, as it was chartered.

Care to comment on my point no. 2, above?

For your convenience I am re-stating it.   ( Hrrrumph!)

" 2.) As I have posted before, with photocopies of their Passport Applications, the Past Presidents of the WTB&TS have ALL sworn allegiance to the US Constitution, and sworn to, BEFORE GOD, protect the US Constitution, against all enemies foreign and domestic, as ADULTS serving the Corporation.  ( ...and as an aside... as an adult I HAVE NOT.)"

Be a sport .... address that VERY REAL ISSUE.

THIS ... is where "the rubber meets the road.".