The World News Media

What is a Christian Man's MORAL responsibility to protect his own life, or that of his immediate or spiritual family?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

• Views 10.6k
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You should realize that Jesus was aware that there were so many things his apostles had to learn and overcome such as fear of man and the customs they grew up with. Jesus did not set out correcting ev

Everyone has to live with his or her conscience but it is a protection to adhere to the advice of the faithful and discreet slave. Although someone could point to the violence in the world as a ration

Nnaemeka: The phrase comes to mind, paraphrased ... " ... If a man does not take care of his own, he is worse than a man without the faith."  To me that means spiritual education, food, shelter,

Posted Images

18 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

You answered your own question PHB...er... I mean, TTH.

dt171027.gif

dt171026.gif

For your information, James, I have never engaged in despicable trolling.

I do admit, however, to the occasional dignified perusal of internet resources in search of fatheads to set straight.

Does anyone remember watching the first Diehard movie and liked that part where it suddenly dawns on John McClane that Alan Rickman is nothing but a common thief? Well I hate to say it, but through all that talk, JTR is nothing but a common cowboy. He should have been born in the Wild West in the 1800's where he would have come into his own, and nobody would have held it against him. He looks a bit like John Wayne. Ok, I know he was an actor.

4 hours ago, Anna said:

He looks a bit like John Wayne.

God said to Rookie: "Go down to Nineveh and kick some butt." 

So Rookie proceeded to board a nuclear-armed ship headed for Tarshish and slipped a few nukes into his holster. In time, God sent a big fish to make trouble. "Die, sucker!" Rookie screamed, as he blew the beast to smithereens.

Rookie approached Nineveh and the gates were closed. So he cut them it two with blasts from his guns. King Ninny wet himself as Rookie put a gun to his temple. "You feel lucky today, punk?' he sneered. "Well, do ya?" King Ninny ran to the intercom. "Attention all Ninevites. Mayday! Mayday! Rookie is in town! Get that sackcloth on!

Rookie slammed his gun back into its holster and popped open a nice cool beer to enjoy under the gourd tree. God said: "That King Ninny got those people to straighten out and fly right. I'm not going to smush anyone."

"Oh, for crying out loud!" Rookie cried in disgust. "Are you wimping out on me?"

4 hours ago, Anna said:

He should have been born in the Wild West in the 1800's where he would have come into his own, and nobody would have held it against him. He looks a bit like John Wayne

Anna:

Thank you for the kind complements, but it was in the Boy Scouts that I learned the motto "Be Prepared", and later to "adapt and improvise".  Interestingly enough, in my lifetime I have had several other people make the same comments, that I was born a hundred years too late, and am a poor fit for this century.

I never cared much for John Wayne the person ... except for his work ethic ... but I do feel a closeness to the majority of the characters he played, in Westerns.

Common cowboys developed the "Code of The West", and Wyoming actually has an official "Code of the West" which the legislature adopted in 2010, as follows:

The legislation designates ten ethics derived from the book "Cowboy Ethics" by James P. Owen:

1.  Live each day with courage.
 2.  Take pride in your work.
 3.  Always finish what you start.
 4.  Do what has to be done.
 5.  Be tough, but fair.
 6.  When you make a promise, keep it.
 7.  Ride for the brand
 8.  Talk less, say more.
 9.  Remember that some things are not for sale.
10. Know where to draw the line.

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

God said to Rookie: "Go down to Nineveh and kick some butt." 

So Rookie proceeded to board a nuclear-armed ship headed for Tarshish and slipped a few nukes into his holster. In time, God sent a big fish to make trouble. "Die, sucker!" Rookie screamed, as he blew the beast to smithereens.

Rookie approached Nineveh and the gates were closed. So he cut them it two with blasts from his guns. King Ninny wet himself as Rookie put a gun to his temple. "You feel lucky today, punk?' he sneered. "Well, do ya?" King Ninny ran to the intercom. "Attention all Ninevites. Mayday! Mayday! Rookie is in town! Get that sackcloth on!

Rookie slammed his gun back into its holster and popped open a nice cool beer to enjoy under the gourd tree. God said: "That King Ninny got those people to straighten out and fly right. I'm not going to smush anyone."

"Oh, for crying out loud!" Rookie cried in disgust. "Are you wimping out on me?"

Wow, your life and ministry workbook looks different to mine last night!

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Excellent! A church with which you 85% agree. When are you transferring?

As soon as they adopt the vital 15% core Truths that to the best of my knowledge, only Jehovah's Witnesses have.

At one time in history only one natural man knew  the core theology as we do, and that was Sir Isaac Newton, but his writings were not made known until after his death, as the Trinitarians would have excoriated him.

dt970109dhc0.gif

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.