The World News Media

Animals in Paradise - What Will They Eat?

The Librarian

I guarantee you one thing ... when Polar Bears become vegetarians ... people are going to get VERY tired of hauling 23 million tons of straw to the wastelands of the Arctic, day after day after day after day ....... after day after day.

Or as Marie Antoinette was reported to have said just before she lost her head " No straw? ... Let them eat ICE!"

... but I may have gotten that mixed up.

(... and I betcha the Polar Bears will equally get tired of all that straw!)

Polar Bear edited  500  t.jpg

• Views 4.8k
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We  don't  have  the  answer  today....  sorry   await  &  drinking  tea  ~~~~~

Interesting article and very carefully reasoned through. However, I couldn't commmit to his conclusions any more than agreeing that he raised some interesting possibilities. The author quotes Ewi

I do not know much, .....  but am sure THIS WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEW WORLD !!!    

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Jim Seward said:

That the interpretation that all animals were created as herbivorous is no longer held. 

In that case, what with scriptures such as Isaiah 11:6, 7?

Does that mean the wolf will reside with the lamb in peace, until the wolf gets hungry and gobbles up the lamb? Peacefully though of course?

21 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Rio Linda

Is that your congregation?

3 minutes ago, Jim Seward said:

Faunal carnivory and predation were created by Jehovah from the start and in no way contradict Isaiah.

Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those who insist carnivores will only vegetation, as that is clearly physically impossible for some of them. However, my problem is, how would there be peace among animals if some were going to be eaten? And why would a big cat, for example, need claws, if all it was to do is eat carrion? Everything about a big cat spells predatory hunter. Chase and kill, not eat something that has already died...

Perhaps the best solution is as True Tom says "Be there, and you'll find out".

9 hours ago, Anna said:

how would there be peace among animals if some were going to be eaten?

Hi Anna,
I appreciate this question. Predation actually contributes to ecosystem stability, playing a critical role. Viewed this way, predation then contributes to the overall "peace among animals."

See for instance this article by Dr. Fazale Rana, an old-earth creationist biochemist:
Animal Death Prevents Ecological Meltdown
http://www.reasons.org/articles/animal-death-prevents-ecological-meltdown

I am inviting all those who are using straw and vegetation interchangeably to please look up the meaning.

All animals can't eat straw but they do eat selected vegetation even if it is a moss in the sea.  Right now humans are using vegetation but they also use meat from animals, birds and fish. In the beginning man was eating from fruit-bearing trees only (selected vegetation). I am just saying that it is possible that it can revert to that.

7 hours ago, Jim Seward said:

Hi Anna,
I appreciate this question. Predation actually contributes to ecosystem stability, playing a critical role. Viewed this way, predation then contributes to the overall "peace among animals."

See for instance this article by Dr. Fazale Rana, an old-earth creationist biochemist:
Animal Death Prevents Ecological Meltdown
http://www.reasons.org/articles/animal-death-prevents-ecological-meltdown

Interesting article. Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.