The World News Media

PeterR

On 10/20/2018 at 6:54 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

So why do the GB pretend to know ?

Apart from "soon", I haven't seen anything more specific recently. Maybe I missed it?

Nobody has really topped "Armageddon Ernie" Beavor who used to say (over 50 years ago), "Armageddon is so close, you could spit on it!"

Anyway, regardless of detail, I haven't seen anyone GB-wise violating 2 Pet 3:12.............. yet. Have you?

• Views 13.3k
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Eoin Joyce quoted one of the first real hints of the overlapping generation doctrine from the Feb 15, 2008 WT (above). Above, I also quoted a WT QFR that mentioned overlapping generations from t

I'm glad that The Librarian moved the "generation" posts from the unrelated topic over to this topic. It was clear that on this topic, the questions remain unsettled to some and unsettling to others.

Because knowing ... when others do not ... is what has given, scam artists, flim-flam men, shamans, priests, and ecclesiastical tap-dancers  power prestige, and money, and position in various societie

Posted Images

On 10/20/2018 at 1:54 PM, JOHN BUTLER said:

So, unsettling as it might be for some,  we just will not know how long Jesus meant by "this generation"  until the end comes, and no amount of fancy footwork is going to change that. 

So why do the GB pretend to know ? 

Because knowing ... when others do not ... is what has given, scam artists, flim-flam men, shamans, priests, and ecclesiastical tap-dancers  power prestige, and money, and position in various societies, since four guys went hunting for animals, and OG, the caveman,  supposedly was the only one who knew where the best hunting grounds were.

You do not actually have to BE a wise man, or in the case of Punxsutawney Phil, a weather predicting Groundhog in Gobbler's Knob Pennsylvania .... you only need the REPUTATION !

Clergy by ANY nomenclature are trained experts at "knowing the mind of God".

It's their Busine$$.

• 5 months later...

To me, it is very simple .... what definition of a "Generation" did Jesus have in mind, that when he told HIS DISCIPLES ( NOT US ! ), 2,000 or so years ago .... and using the words Jesus DID USE .... what understanding did the Apostles, and disciples have.

Only those bat crap crazy, and loony as a tune could visualize Jesus holding up a chart like Bro David Splain of the Governing Body needed to try and explain it as an "overlapping generation".

The people ... EVERYONE not retarded or insane back in Jesus' day knew what a generation was ... it was the same definition used by the whole world.

... including Jesus!

Of course, to avoid having to apologize for being WRONG  every day for a hundred and more years ... WE, the "enlightened ones", presume to know better.

However, that bright "new light" ... is an oncoming train.

I am just going to sit way over there, and watch.

Yep, and your 'enlightened ones' are 'supposed' to be guided by God's Holy Spirit. 

I think the GB are having a laugh at other people's expense. 

But doesn't it make the JW Org look stupid ?

Well maybe I should say, doesn't it show the GB and the JW Org for what it really is, stupid.

• 8 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.