The World News Media

ALL aspects of 1914 doctrine are now problematic from a Scriptural point of view

JW Insider

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

And why do they put so much emphasis on the "final part of the last days"

Um....it always is isn't it? If we are in the last days and there is an end, and some of the last days have gone already, and keep going day by day, then we must always be... in the final part....No? As long as we are alive that is of course.

• Views 44.8k
  • Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before C.T.Russell was born, commentaries on Bible prophecy included  dozens of potential dates. Nearly 200 years ago, a couple of them even included 1914 as potentially significant time period.

WAITING… AND FIGHTING ARchiv@L, I appreciate your advice. Very laconic, but appropriate. Only to develop a little further my attitude, let me mention David example in, perhaps, the most difficult pa

(Luke 12:47, 48) . . .Then that slave who understood the will of his master but did not get ready or do what he asked will be beaten with many strokes. But the one who did not understand and yet did t

Posted Images

On 9/10/2020 at 2:31 PM, 4Jah2me said:

And why do they put so much emphasis on the "final part of the last days"

Because the final part of the days means that God's Kingdom will fix things here on earth soon, and obviously that's a good thing, and something to look forward to.

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Because the final part of the days means that God's Kingdom will fix things here on earth soon, and obviously that's a good thing, and something to look forward to.

That depends on what you believe I suppose.  But you and @Outta Here seem to miss the point. We are in the Last days, yes, BUT, we do not know if we are in the Final part of the Last days. 

Using the expression 'final part' is just scare mongering, to get more people into the CCJW because they need more money right now. 

2 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

But you and @Outta Here seem to miss the point. We are in the Last days, yes, BUT, we do not know if we are in the Final part of the Last days. 

Whatever part of the "last days" we are in, it has to be the final part.....because we "do not know the day or the hour". So if we are missing the point, then it must be because there isn't one being made....

@Arauna There is no such thing as normal, there never has been. What there has been is a comfort zone for some people, and when those people loose their comfort zone then suddenly it is not 'normal'. 

1914-1918 World War,  1939-1945 World War,  was that normal to you ?  

"The Spanish flu, also known as the 1918 flu pandemic, was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza A virus. Lasting from February 1918 to April 1920, it infected 500 million people–about a third of the world's population at the time–in four successive waves" 

Was that normal to you ? But the 'world' recovered from all those.

In those wars millions of people were conscripted. TOLD WHAT TO DO or face prison. Today people are being told what to do or face fines or possibly prison. The 'world' goes on. 

In today's lifestyle we can sit in front of our computer and see what is going on earthwide. Some news is true, some lies, and as you and JWI and others have proven, each one believes what suits their purpose. So for me the 'world' just continues to get worse and will continue to do so. It is no shock, it is Bible prediction. BUT, Jesus said 'the end is not yet', and we know it is not our place to know when it is going to happen....  Hence anyone saying we are in the 'final part' of the last days IS just scare mongering. 

As for Outahere, well, not worth a reply.  

For something to have a final part, it must have had a beginning and a middle part.  So what happened to the middle part ? :) According to Outahere it didn't exist, it's always been the final part :) 

12 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

1939-1945 World War,  was that normal to you ?  

Definitely not.  Normal to me is when a person reflects Jehovah's standards in personal life.... even if they are persecuted for it.  Then they are acting with "soundness of mind."  Normal in the public sphere under Satans system is when people can get on with their business as usual without having to face violence, riots, extreme disruptions, hunger, poverty etc..

We have a HOPE for the future.  The closer it gets the more problems we can deal with because we know it will soon be over.  Habakkuk spoke about this when he said "How long Jehovah.... and Jehovah encourages us to keep our hope so we can carry on. I am sure we will see this soon when shortage of food and other problems become unbearable.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:24 PM, 4Jah2me said:

For something to have a final part, it must have had a beginning and a middle part.  So what happened to the middle part ?

No matter what the phrase "final part of the last days" implies to you, most Witnesses, and the rest of the world, it is a meaningless phrase for defining where we are within those last days. Outta Here is showing that, if one is in the last days, it is always a true statement. If the last days could be said to start on October 4, 1914, then the final part of the last days could have started on October 5, 1914.

Since we are now 38,696 days from October 4, 1914, we could divide that period into two parts, if we wished:

[1st part: 1st day] [2nd part: the next 38,695 days of the last days]

Therefore we can always be said to be the second part, the final part: the last days of the last days.

It's a true statement, but I think all of us would agree that it is misleading if it implies that we KNOW we are in the latter half of the period known as the last days. But it doesn't say that. It's a true statement if the end comes tonight, and it's a true statement if the end comes 100 or 1,000 years from now.

Some would say it's about the same as when Paul said:

(Romans 13:11, NIV): The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

The difference is that Paul's statement is not misleading. Because he is referring to a salvation that can be made sure if we have lived our life and fought the fine fight to the finish, or if the Parousia/Judgment arrives before the end of our lives.

The expression "final part of the last days" or "last days of the last days" is misleading in that it implies that we are at least in the latter half of the last days, without saying it. It makes an implication, but has a loophole. So it's a true statement, even if the end comes 1,000 years from now. But the persons using this phrase are implying that they KNOW it is less than 106 years from now, because they are implying that we are at least in the latter half of the last days. We are all pretty sure that the last days can't go on for another 106 years, so that it is an expression of belief that few would deny, but no one can say that they absolutely KNOW this.

When this phrase was used in 1967, we were 53 years from October 1914. We are now another 53 years from 1967. We will soon know if we were even in the latter half of the last days, as the Watchtower defines them.

*** w67 4/1 p. 197 How We Know We Live in the “Last Days” ***
When the many factors are put together, we find that our generation, our day is the one that is identified in the Bible as the “last days.” In fact, in this year 1967 we are actually living in the final part of that time! This can be compared to, not just the last day of a week, but, rather, the last part of that last day.

That was much more misleading in that it split the last days into 7 equal parts, and said we were in the last part of the 7th part.

----------------------

** edited to add: Just to show how sure of himself the writer was (in 1967), even if the 7th equal part of the last days had just started, on April 1, 1967, then those equal parts were a maximum of 3,195 days long apiece, which worked out to be the equivalent of a prediction that the very end of the last days was April 1, 1967 + 3,195 days = December 30, 1975, at the latest.

• Day 1 of the "week" of the last days: Oct. 4, 1914 to July 3, 1923
  • Day 2 of the "week" of the last days: July 4, 1923 to Apr. 2, 1932
  • Day 7 of the "week" of the last days: April 1, 1967 to Dec. 30, 1975.

This helps explain the wording of this article just a few months later, in 1968, which indicated that the "end of 6,000 years" would come only weeks or months, not years after [October] 1975:

*** w68 8/15 pp. 499-500 pars. 30-33 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975? ***
Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on earth. It does not necessarily mean that 1975 marks the end of the first 6,000 years of Jehovah’s seventh creative “day.” ... And yet the end of that sixth creative “day” could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam’s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years. ... Exactly how soon after Adam’s creation is not disclosed. ... After the sixth creative day ends, the seventh one begins.
33 This time between Adam’s creation and the beginning of the seventh day, the day of rest, let it be noted, need not have been a long time. It could have been a rather short one. The naming of the animals by Adam, and his discovery that there was no complement for himself, required no great length of time. The animals were in subjection to Adam; they were peaceful; they came under God’s leading; they were not needing to be chased down and caught. It took Noah only seven days to get the same kinds of animals, male and female, into the Ark. (Gen. 7:1-4) Eve’s creation was quickly accomplished, ‘while Adam was sleeping.’ (Gen. 2:21) So the lapse of time between Adam’s creation and the end of the sixth creative day, though unknown, was a comparatively short period of time.

@JW Insider  I think you used a lot of words to say nothing. 

You and i both know that the GB and the Watchtower deliberately mislead people into thinking that Armageddon is so so close. And they pretend to have 'special knowledge' of when it will be. By calling themselves the F&DS they expect all JWs to believe everything they say and write. 

We all know we are in the 'last days' BUT no one knows if we are in the 'final part' of those last days. 

Just look at this rubbish ! 

” In fact, in this year 1967 we are actually living in the final part of that time! This can be compared to, not just the last day of a week, but, rather, the last part of that last day

Lies and hypocrisy. And we now know that 1967 was not the final part of the last days.  But they do it again now. More lies and hypocrisy. 

And i note that you are back with 1914.  Whereas one of your topics seems very anti-1914.  And we know that Jesus said in 33 C.E. that all authority had been given to him THEN. And we have reason to doubt that the Apostles or others were yet resurrected, and if they have not been then there would be no one to be part of that Kingdom yet. 

Everything has to work together. That is why most topics here overlap. Everything is interlinked. 

But if you wish to continue believing your GB and Watchtower writers, that is your choice. 

6 hours ago, 4Jah2me said:

And i note that you are back with 1914.

I'm not sure how you could have "noted" this. I think you just thought it because you weren't reading carefully, or I wasn't writing carefully. If you read the previous 40 pages of this topic, a few of my opinions about 1914 should be clear enough.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.