The World News Media

2008 Cadillac CTS

admin

So... after paying through the nose for even small repairs... I am happy to report that my old clunker.... my 08 Cadillac now has 120k miles on it... 

I just replaced the brake pads, a rattle in the back is gone .... etc....

The rear shocks are leaking so they will need to be replaced...

but overall it is still driving like a champ... an enjoyable pretty car... .with very little gadgets compared to the newer stuff out there.

I just noticed that the front does capture air flow right onto the calipers of the disc brakes.... smart design.

Seems like yesterday when it was "State of the Art".... now I feel like it is just a nice older car that rides nice.

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 5.30.02 PM.png

CTS-2008-a-1280.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 5.33.24 PM.png

112_0810_01z-2008_cadillac_CTS-high_rear_view.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 5.34.39 PM.png

242419.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 5.31.46 PM.png

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So... after paying through the nose for even small repairs... I am happy to report that my old clunker.... my 08 Cadillac now has 120k miles on it...  I just replaced the brake pads, a rattle in

Standard safety equipment includes four-wheel-disc antilock brakes and an electronic stability system with traction control. In addition to the required frontal pair, there are side-impact airbags for

Some of the CTS' notable standard and optional features include adaptive headlights that swivel in the direction of a turn, remote start, Easy Key keyless access and ignition and a 5.1-channel digital

Posted Images

Standard safety equipment includes four-wheel-disc antilock brakes and an electronic stability system with traction control. In addition to the required frontal pair, there are side-impact airbags for the front occupants and side curtains that protect all occupants. The steering wheel tilts and telescopes.

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 5.40.31 PM.png

Some of the CTS' notable standard and optional features include adaptive headlights that swivel in the direction of a turn, remote start, Easy Key keyless access and ignition and a 5.1-channel digital surround-sound stereo.In addition to an analog auxiliary input jack for an MP3 player, the CTS lets you attach a player that uses a USB cord and control it through the stereo and steering-wheel controls.

I do not have the following two options on my car: :(

The playlist appears on the optional navigation screen.

This 8-inch touch-screen telescopes out of the top of the dashboard. For parking assistance, the CTS offers a sonar system that beeps with increasing frequency as the rear bumper approaches an object.

The big news is that a new version of the 3.6-liter V-6 engine generates 300 horsepower and 270 pounds-feet of torque, partly through the use of direct fuel injection. The original 258-hp, 3.6-liter engine is the base powerplant.The standard manual transmission is a six speed, as is the optional automatic, which also provides a manual-shift mode. Steering-wheel shift paddles aren't offered. Also new is optional all-wheel drive, which mates with either V-6, but only with the automatic transmission. This helps the CTS join the ranks of the Infiniti G35 and BMW 3 Series models with an "x" in their model name, and is sure to increase sales in snowy regions.The CTS offers two suspensions: standard and performance. The latter provides a firmer ride, (claimed) improved roadholding, larger brake discs, two-piston rear calipers where the regular suspension has one, and 18-inch wheels with lower-profile summer or all-season performance tires.

WOW,  what  a  luxury  bargain !  xD  Enjoy  still  every  funny  mile  with  that  wonderful  and  'loyal'  car...  120 k miles  -  what  a  strong  horse !!  YES,  a  Cadillac  is  a  Cadillac :x  

Its  ONLY  built  for  STRONG  MEN  -  I  think  so !    I  looked  to  clunker...   but  its  NOT  like  that :(   its  like  an  old  good  friend  or  not ?    I  like  this  car :)   Its  still  looking  modern  today,  YES !!

• 3 months later...

I replaced my cabin air filter today with a better quality washable filter....

When I opened it up... I was angered to see that Jiffy Lube just threw the old one in there and did not slide it into position with the guides as seen below.

The old one was all moldy and was useless since it wasn't in position.

Don't use Jiffy lube to replace Cadillac cabin air filters.

rrrrrrrr>:(

This is how to do it by the way:

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.