The World News Media

The last photo of Hachikō, the dog who waited for his master's return each day for 9 years until he too passed away.

Guest Kurt

• Views 3.1k
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody heard of poetic licence?  Def.  "The freedom to depart from the facts of a matter or from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect."

We are famously loyal. Here’s what happens to the home of whoever says we are not:

Yes. it is a sad fact that humans are not as loyal as dogs.

Posted Images

Hachiko, was an Akita dog that belonged to a professor at the University of Tokyo. Every day he would meet his master at Shibuya Station until one day in 1925 when the professor never returned. Unbeknownst to Hachiko, his master had suffered a fatal brain hemorrhage and would never come home again. But there Hachiko sat, day after day, waiting in vain for the return of his beloved master. The story of the dog that never gave up gained a lot of attention from local and national news, inspiring many people to visit Hachiko at Shibuya Station to offer treats. The story eventually spread throughout the world and a Hollywood film starring Richard Gere was even made based on Hachiko’s story.

The photo above was taken on March 8, 1935 and is the last known image taken of Hachiko, who was found dead on a street in Shibuya. His owner’s wife and station staff sit around his body, mourning the loss of the faithful companion.

Years later, a statue was erected in Hachiko’s honor and a replica of the original still stands near Shibuya Station. Although today it is used as a popular meeting spot for young adults going out with friends, Hachiko’s statue remains a symbol of this dog’s extreme loyalty and a reminder of the lengths one can go to stay devoted to a friend. Hachiko managed to inspire people around the world and just as his final image portrays, he was loved dearly.

If you want to visit Hachiko’s statue, Google Maps marks the exact location or you can take a photo tour here.

That story made me cry when I heard of it and watched the movie a few years ago also made me admire more the qualities that some animals show and many people's heart  lack despite being called "friends" or "relatives" 

• 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, Indiana said:

The most loyal human can't compare to the level of  loyalty of a dog to his master... 

I love dogs, and I think Jehovah took special care to make the dog a loyal companion for humans, more than any other animal, but I would disagree that humans cannot be as loyal. There are many accounts in history where humans sacrificed their life for another human. In fact it is more of a sacrifice on the human's part since most of the time they are fully aware of what they are doing. Dogs act on their loyal instinct that Jehovah put in them.

Guest Indiana

It is ok to disagree and I respect your point of view

I understand but for what I've seen, that if you do a bad gesture to your loved ones,  not please them in all what  they want,   expect at least a long face.  Loyalty is not only to sacrifice your money, energy, life for another human.  Loyalty is measured in other minor acts.... Usually dogs don't care what face you pull with them, or if you had a bad day and that is why you don't want to walk them out. Or if you don't have money for their food, they go to the streets look for food and water and then come back to their masters.

There are also accounts of animals sacrificing for their masters and for other animals like their breedings.  

23 minutes ago, Anna said:

Dogs act on their loyal instinct that Jehovah put in them.

In the end is loyalty, not matter if they are fully aware or not. 

As a  matter of fact, animal instinct is now being questionable since there are many studies finding that some animals like dogs, show almost  the same features that humans show when having feelings.

I've had dogs almost all my life, and each one of them had different personalities, moods. 

If that is true, then it is  another reason to thank Jehovah for having  at least someone who truly  loves you and wants to stay with you, no matter how freaky you are 😃

3 hours ago, Indiana said:

The most loyal human can't compare to the level of  loyalty of a dog to his master... 

This is not a tenable statement.

Loyalty implies faithfulness to one’s pledged word or continued allegiance to the institution or the principles to which one feels himself morally bound; the term suggests not only adherence but resistance to being lured and persuaded away from that adherence.

Because loyalty always includes principle, only free moral agents, such as man, made in, and capable of reflecting, Gods image, are able to express loyalty. The capacity to understand and demonstrate true loyalty is bound up in having a personal relationship with the Creator, who alone is (or defines what is) loyal. (Rev.15:4). A dog cannot develop such a relationship with God, and thus can never be spoken of as being loyal.

A dog (and many other animals), can be said to be faithful, for to be faithful means to be dependable, to be constant. Even inanimate objects like the sun, moon, and stars can be spoken of as faithful, as they are in God's word (comp.Ps.89:37). But these things are not loyal.

As stated, only free moral agents can express loyalty as a personal choice, based not only on a personal adherence to the one who is an object of that loyalty, but also on a comprehension of the principles that define its expression.

3 hours ago, Anna said:

I love dogs, and I think Jehovah took special care to make the dog a loyal companion for humans, more than any other animal, but I would disagree that humans cannot be as loyal. There are many accounts in history where humans sacrificed their life for another human. In fact it is more of a sacrifice on the human's part since most of the time they are fully aware of what they are doing. Dogs act on their loyal instinct that Jehovah put in them.

Actually, Jehovah created the Grey Wolf ..... EVERY dog that exists was created by mankind, through selective breeding.  

As breeding was "guided" for certain characteristics, along with desired traits, there were "spin off" characteristics that branched off into other dogs.

Jehovah God did NOT create ANY dogs.  They are the sole creation of mankind .... using the life and genetic potential God gave the Grey Wolf.

21 minutes ago, Outta Here said:

. A dog cannot develop such a relationship with God, and thus can never be spoken of as being loyal.

You can speak of them any way you want to .... after a lifetime of experience and observation I KNOW BETTER.

Our God is Jehovah.

A Dog's god is his master, if his master is a good one.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.