Kurt

The last photo of Hachikō, the dog who waited for his master's return each day for 9 years until he too passed away.

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Kurt -
Outta Here -

Top Posters

19 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Jehovah God did NOT create ANY dogs.  They are the sole creation of mankind .... using the life and genetic potential God gave the Grey Wolf.

Yes, I know they share same genetics. But I think that when God created the domestic animals as per Genesis, he created the dog as a domestic animal 😀. I don't care what science says about the origin of dogs, they say the same about cows, sheep, chickens, pigs.....in that case, what would be the point of Genesis specifically differentiating between wild animals and domestic animals. (Actually, science says that everything came from prokaroytic microbes...)

Loyalty vs. faithfulness in a dog (as explained by Outta here) is I think just a case of semantics. Although Outta here was correct in what he said, in practice people understand it the way they want. People like to project human emotions and behaviour on to animals. I do believe though that dogs are able to communicate with humans because they "know" how to react like us. They are sad when we are sad, and happy when we are happy and they show it the same way (ok, not quite). I think dogs were made for people 🙂

On 4/25/2019 at 8:18 AM, Indiana said:

@The Librarian @JW Insider @Claudia Sanchez could you please make another post since this went from  Hachiko to question the loyaly of an atheist or demons.

Good point. I thought it a bit jarring that a post about a dog turned so quickly to religious questions, so I checked to see what forum it was in. It was not in a general topic forum, but is in the "Jehovah's Witnesses" open forum, and therefore I'm guessing that this is going to be a typical occurrence. By that I mean almost any topic in a JW forum might be expected to turn towards a discussion of how that topic might fit with our beliefs and experiences among JWs.

I don't know how the owners and overall moderators feel, but I'm more concerned when a topic that has nothing to do with JWs and is not in a JW forum gets turned into a discussion of Witness beliefs. I'm guessing that's not what the owner(s) hoped for.

On 4/25/2019 at 2:22 AM, Outta Here said:

Even inanimate objects like the sun, moon, and stars can be spoken of as faithful, as they are in God's word (comp.Ps.89:37). But these things are not loyal.

The Sun, Moon and Stars are things without brain ,  so they can not be no faithful neither loyal. (only if we imagine that all what have some sort of energy on atomic level are not "dead things" and by that are able to show some attributes of Creator)   :))

FAITHFUL in UK:

Hello guest!
 and not 
    Hello guest!
 in 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 with or 
    Hello guest!
 for a 
    Hello guest!
or an 
    Hello guest!
, or in 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 in
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
:

a faithful 

Hello guest!

They are faithful 

Hello guest!
 of the 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!

His faithful 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 him
    Hello guest!
 he went.

C2 If 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
, or 
    Hello guest!
 is faithful, he or she does not have a
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 with anyone 
    Hello guest!
:

Was 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 faithful during 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
?

He was faithful to his 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 30-year 
    Hello guest!

to 

Hello guest!
 to 
    Hello guest!
 or 
    Hello guest!
something:

He 

Hello guest!
 faithful to the 
    Hello guest!
 when so many 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 out against it.

Despite 

Hello guest!
, she 
    Hello guest!
faithful to her

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 or not 
    Hello guest!
 any of the 
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
, etc. of the 
    Hello guest!
:

She gave a faithful 

Hello guest!
 of what had
    Hello guest!
 on that 
    Hello guest!

I have 

Hello guest!
 to 
    Hello guest!
 my 
    Hello guest!
 as faithful as
    Hello guest!
 to the 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 a 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
:

faithful Christians

faithful 

Hello guest!
 of 
    Hello guest!

someone who 

Hello guest!
 to 
    Hello guest!
someone or something:

He gave a 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 to a 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 of 
    Hello guest!
faithfuls (= faithful 
    Hello guest!
 of a 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
)

Hello guest!
 who are always 
    Hello guest!
 to a 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 or
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
 a
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
:

They 

Hello guest!
 for 
    Hello guest!
 from the 
    Hello guest!
faithful.

the 

Hello guest!
 who 
    Hello guest!
 in a
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
:

We 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 the faithful to
    Hello guest!

FAITHFUL in US:

Hello guest!
; 
    Hello guest!
:

She has been a faithful 

Hello guest!
 for 30 
    Hello guest!

If something, such as a 

Hello guest!
 or
    Hello guest!
, is faithful, it is 
    Hello guest!
 like or very 
    Hello guest!
 to the 
    Hello guest!
:

The 

Hello guest!
 was a faithful 
    Hello guest!
 of the
    Hello guest!

If you are faithful to someone or something, you 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 and 
    Hello guest!
the 
    Hello guest!
 you made:

You've been faithful to 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

LOYAL in UK:

B2 

Hello guest!
 and not 
    Hello guest!
 in 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 with or 
    Hello guest!
 for a 
    Hello guest!
 or an
    Hello guest!
, or in 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 in 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!
:

Jack has been a loyal 

Hello guest!
 in this 
    Hello guest!
 for 
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!

When all her other 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 her, Steve 
    Hello guest!
 loyal.

She's very loyal to her 

Hello guest!

COMMERCE, MARKETING              a loyal 

Hello guest!
 always 
    Hello guest!
 the same 
    Hello guest!
, uses the same 
    Hello guest!
, etc.:

Supermarkets should 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 most loyal 
    Hello guest!

loyal to sb/sth Our 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 loyal to the 
    Hello guest!

HR                                                       a loyal 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 for the same 
    Hello guest!
 for many 
    Hello guest!
:

loyal to sb/sth Training 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!
 to 
    Hello guest!
 loyal to 
    Hello guest!

Hello guest!

LOYAL in US: 

always giving 

Hello guest!
 and 
    Hello guest!
:

People 

Hello guest!
 to Woodruff are 
    Hello guest!
 loyal and 
    Hello guest!
 to 
    Hello guest!
 her with 
    Hello guest!

7 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

The Sun, Moon and Stars are things without brain ,  so they can not be no faithful neither loyal.

Ps.89:37:"Like the moon, it will be firmly established forever as a faithful witness in the skies.” 

Dictionary definitions and Bible definitions do not always concur.

3 hours ago, Outta Here said:
4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

The Sun, Moon and Stars are things without brain ,  so they can not be no faithful neither loyal.

Ps.89:37:"Like the moon, it will be firmly established forever as a faithful witness in the skies.” 

This is where education is so very, very important ... because without education ... and experience ...it is impossible to even HAVE any common sense. There is a truck commercial here in the United states that (if memory serves) , declares that "Cheverolet Trucks are like a ROCK!"  It evokes a mental image of strength, but not being Fred Flintstone, I really do NOT want a truck that is like a rock.

I prefer a truck that operates like a truck, and is made, primarily of steel.

In English, " Ps.89:37:"Like the moon, it will be firmly established forever as a faithful witness in the skies.”  is called a "simile" ...things that evoke an image of similarity, even though they may have absolutely nothing in common.

Barring unforeseen circumstances that force events, it is my observations that a sane dog is in fact faithful, and loyal, to a sane master ... and sometimes even to one nuttier than a fruit cake. 

... and in my experience, there are more sane dogs than sane people

Common sense dictates that faithfulness and loyalty are the product of a thinking brain that has the capacity to choose to do otherwise.

But then again .... WDS is often the controlling factor, ... and common sense becomes not all that common.

( ..and as an aside... each year the Moon gets further away from the Earth by about an inch and a half, or 38mm, and  in about 50 billion years the Earth and Moon will be BOTH tidally locked to each other, both eternally facing each other, one side only, as the Moon is tidally locked to the Earth, today.

Hello guest!

Then, half the earth will NEVER see the moon, again.

And addressing some of JW Insider's concerns, ideas and memories are ATTACHED to each other ... and speaking of dogs does evoke religious ideas of faithfulness, and loyalty ... and hopefully not  rocks.

As an example, even though I know intellectually that there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there is a "Rainbow Bridge", my heart has faith that perhaps Jehovah's love for Humans will cause him to create one ... just as I am now constructing a chicken coop and chicken run,  that costs over a thousand dollars, for my wife's 20 pet week-old baby bantam chickens, which SHE  bought for one dollar each, now living in a kid's plastic swimming pool under a heat lamp, on our dining room table .... so my dogs cannot get to them.

... for the next MONTH.

.... sigh ......

Something I am happy to do ... although in my wildest imagination, I never planned on, or thought of.  Perhaps similar to Jehovah's love, and a "Rainbow Bridge" (?).

NOW .... we have a topic that includes Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs, hopes, expectations .... dogs... and CHICKENS!

2019-04-28_081609.png

1 hour ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

is called a "simile"

There is a comparison in Ps.89:37, but the term "faithful" is not being used here specifically as a simile. It is being used as an adjective.

The moon (and its faithful adherence to its course), is being used as a simile to emphasise the reliabilty of Jehovah's covenant with David. The modern day perception of the indiosyncrasies of planetary movement are irrelevant to the point being made.

8 hours ago, Outta Here said:

There exists a reason why - making doctrines from poetry - is bad idea.

Another thing what is good to remember from time to time is: word forever, eternal in Bible not necessary holding idea of something that will never stop. :))

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

There exists a reason why - making doctrines from poetry - is bad idea.

And also " There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." Pr.14:12

8 hours ago, SuzA said:

"The freedom to depart from the facts of a matter or from the conventional rules of language when speaking or writing in order to create an effect."

Like Ecc.9:4?

8 hours ago, Outta Here said:

Like Ecc.9:4?

As i mentioned before, about this verse. Hope is good thing, but dog will never be a lion............. But it is fine to be a dog if you have good people around who love you.

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

As i mentioned before, about this verse. Hope is good thing, but dog will never be a lion............. But it is fine to be a dog if you have good people around who love you.

My deceased Father, in one of his observational moods, spent some time watching how well I took  care of, and loved  my dog, Jed, (Jedediah Dog), and remarked "If I am ever reincarnated, I want to come back as your dog."

ECC: 9:3-4

" This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of people, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead. Anyone who is among the living has hope[

Hello guest!
]—even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!

As to whether it is better to be  a live dog or a dead lion .... It is better still to be a LIVE LION, than a dead dog.

....and a lot easier!

Unless of course, you are among those agenda driven great unwashed masses who suffer from WDS, ( "The Sword That Cuts Both Ways" (tm) ) for which things that make normal common sense make no sense at all.

7 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Woof!

• Similar Content

By Guest
      Throughout a heartfelt presentation for the Model 3 release party, Elon Musk repeatedly expressed his and Tesla’s immense appreciation of the loyalty given to the company by its many fans.
      He specifically thanked those who purchased the Model S, Model X, and Roadster vehicles for making the Model 3 possible. He also gave shout-outs to the many fans who waited for hours or even days in order to be first in line for Model 3 reservations last year. Musk said that the team at Tesla would enter “manufacturing hell” over the next six to nine months as they attempt to ramp up production of the vehicle, hoping to reach a volume of 5,000 a month by the end of 2017.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. With the audience largely populated by Tesla employees, there was still a tangible air of excitement in spite of the difficult and long hours almost certainly ahead of everyone who works at the company. Musk reiterated the hope that Tesla would be able to able to ship all the initial reservations by the end of 2018, and also told those reserving a Model 3 now that there is a chance they will also receive their vehicles by that same time. It seems likely that that will slip to 2019, but Tesla has long publicly acknowledged the fact that delays were possible or even likely as the company attempts to reach unprecedented levels of EV production.
      While rather short on specific details many hoped for, today marks the beginning of customers taking their Model 3s home. While only 30 vehicles have been released thus far, that number should rise rapidly into the tens of thousands by the end of the year. Soon to come will be the first publicized customer opinions of the vehicles, so keep your eyes peeled.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Loyalty is the theme for this year’s Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses series in Duluth starting Friday.
      All ages can attend the free three-day program with the theme “Remain Loyal to Jehovah!,” according to a news release.
      The program will take place at the Infinite Energy Center at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway from Aug. 12 to Aug. 14 and from Aug. 19 to Aug. 21. Sessions will start each day at 9:20 a.m.
      “Loyalty can be a challenge. … At work, in the family, in our personal lives and in our relationship with God,” Mike Funston, a convention spokesman, said in the release. “All too often, disloyalty is fracturing our lives and communities.”
      The convention will feature discussions and video clips about Jesus Christ and a full-length film on “on how a mighty King remained loyal while being besieged by his enemies,” he said.
      Funston said about 6,800 are expected to attend each day.
      For information, visit www.jw.org.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Jehovah's Witnesses return to the River City for their annual convention. This year marks the 14th held in Evansville.

That long stay in the Tri-State coincides nicely with this convention's theme of loyalty.

"Loyalty is what we're talking about," says Frederick Young. "Loyalty to Jehovah."

"Helps us remain loyal by words and deeds and actions," says Sean Caster. 

Each year the convention brings an estimated $2.8 million to the local economy, according the Evansville Convention and Visitors Bureau.

"They've adapted very well to our being here," says Caster. "The hotels have been very gracious, the town has been very gracious. We appreciated Roberts Stadium, but we also appreciate the new Ford Center as well."

Organizers say the convention brings in so many people, they have to book hotels as far away as Henderson, KY in addition to several hotels within Evansville and Vanderburgh County.
      Source: 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      NEW YORK—Jehovah’s Witnesses are inviting the public to attend their 2016 “Remain Loyal to Jehovah!” Regional Conventions. Beginning on Friday, May 20, the Witnesses will be hosting these free events in the United States and around the world.
      The three-day program will feature 49 presentations, each exploring the theme “loyalty.” Additionally, the Witnesses have prepared 35 video segments specifically for the program plus two short films that will be shown on Saturday and Sunday. Each day, the morning and afternoon sessions will be introduced by music videos recorded for the convention.
      As they have in years past, the Witnesses will distribute a special invitation to the public welcoming them to attend the program. Thedates and locations for each convention can be found on the Witnesses’ official website, jw.org. Journalists may contact the nearest branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses for more information, including the name of a local media contact for reporters planning to cover the convention.
      David A. Semonian, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses at their world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, states: “We strongly believe that loyalty is an essential part of any healthy relationship. Our convention this year features content that will help people develop stronger bonds with friends, family members and, above all, with God. We are confident that all who attend will enjoy this program.”
      Media Contact:
      David A. Semonian, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5000

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raymond Darner
    Newest Member
    Raymond Darner

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.