The Librarian

• Views 1.9k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OH how Jehovah must be shining his light of holly spirit upon you this great so much love and thoughtfulness to me and others thank sooooooooooo much sister. Darlene Hamilton

It is proper to loyally uphold "Jehovah's Judgments" - after all, "perfect is his activity;" "a God who cannot lie;" a god who has justice and love as some of his foremost qualities and the ability to know all the facts and read hearts. None of that can be said of limited imperfect humans who are not miraculously inspired and yet are granted a measure of authority to render judgments within his organization. So when those judgments reflect the standards and direction we receive from Jehovah through his Word, we can view them as reflecting Jehovah's mind on the matter and we should respect those decisions as if they were from Jehovah. Problem: How will we react when so-called discipline/judgment from Jehovah is anything but that? When wicked men and imposters lyingly frame innocent ones to cover up things to protect themselves or their friends? In my experience, I've seen too much of what most rank and file brothers would not accept as possible. When this "discipline from Jehovah" appears to be more of an orchestrated lying machination of the Devil. Yes, it happens. Hard to believe but much much harder for those who are at the sharp end of that pointed stick. What I tell them is that regardless of what everyone else thinks or believes or how they look at you, Jehovah knows. The greatest tests of faith can be from the inside. Look to Bible examples of those who have faced similar injustices - including God's own son. And when when you see how they succeeded, imitate their faith. As a refrain which has almost become a mantra for me: don't let the imperfect or even at times wicked actions of men who may have authority within the Christian congregation decide what your personal relationship with Jehovah - our loving and just father - should be. We are often encouraged to look to Bible examples for strength, direction and encouragement. The fact is that God's Word contains much more than the garden variety imperfections we experience from our brothers and sisters in the congregation and which in no way should be a threat to our faith. Some of these scriptural examples most people would never experience in a spiritual sense and yet they are there. Preserved for our benefit. Why? Because at times there will be some that will need them. In fact, it will be crucial for their faith. That's why it is important for us to be serious students of God's Word. It will have different significance for you as you experience different, even challenging or hard to understand things in your life. It can be an anchor for your soul when things/people are not what they appear to be on the surface. It may require faith, endurance, godly devotion and other qualities to make it through, but others have done it - both past and present. So can you. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.