The World News Media

The ideal electronic device for study and service?

LloydSt

I find it absolutely wonderful that we can:

1. add notes to our electronic Bible now.  Every time that a scripture is explained now, I'll make a note in my electronic Bible, quoting the explanation and where it came from.

2. use the electronic device in service, often playing back videos to the householder to where a sufficient volume is necessary.

3. study, for instance, The Watchtower, with highlighting and adding notes that might be useful when commenting at meetings or for use later

4. access the Watchtower Library CD for use when an explanation is from a publication that was pre-2000. 

5. take notes on and record audio on an electronic device at conventions

But with that in mind, one wonders what the best electronic device is that can do all that well?  Any ideas?

I immediately rule out:

a. any devices that only provide low volume such that a householder would have trouble hearing a video.  (Many a Samsung device has low volume)

b. Any devices onto which one cannot put the Watchtower CD.

c. Any devices that I worry would not have enough space for all I want to use it for.

d. Any slow devices, best tested by attempting to run a video in 480p and which device is unable to smoothly handle that video.  Better still would be a device that would even handle high definition videos.

e. Any overly heavy devices that would be and look awkward to carry in service, like for instance a regular 15" laptop.

f. Any devices that I can't type on easily, especially at conventions where, if for instance, I had a 15" laptop, my elbows would be poking into my neighbors when trying to type.

With all that in mind, does anyone have any recommendations?  Now seems to be an especially good time to choose and use one device that can handle all that, thus hopefully being able to easily access all that information on that one device for many years to come.

Thanks!

Lloyd

• Views 439
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.