The World News Media

Baptism of Children by Jehovah's Witnesses

Queen Esther

On 3/15/2019 at 4:23 AM, Outta Here said:

Baptismal regeneration is just another of the pompous terms giiven by apostates to a distorted interpretation of scripture presented as a "doctrine". It is not a bilble teaching.

Baptism is a necessary part of the action of anyone  wishing to come into an approved relationship with Jehovah through his Son Jesus Christ of course. But it is an act that, whilst directed by Jesus Christ (Matt.28:19) and therefore essential, has a symbolic significance and does nothing in a physical way to the individual. Peter made that clear at 1Pet.3:21.

I can't tell you how many debates I had regarding this. Such ones turn it into something else and quick to point the figure on your stance on baptism vs. that of mainstream Christendom. A dead giveaway would be the baptism of infant babies, which was never commanded to the church of the Christ to do, for the word and the teachings is for those who can hear it, who can understand it and who can apply it in terms of wisdom and knowledge.

Yes I notice you mentioned Acts 26:20. In short, one must turn to God, to be close with him. The person who seeks to be close to God our Father must be genuine in their repentance, so he, or she must put forth effort in said repentance willfully, the action of one changing themselves, in a way, out with the old, in with the new. Apostle Paul is a great example, for we know his history, his actions and later on, him being the very man to move people to be a follower of the Christ, to move people to knowing who sent Jesus. When Paul professed the good news gospel and the things concerning the teachings, it enables people to be moved by what they heard, hearing it and making the necessary changes to let go of what is old in themselves, and bring forth what is new.

That being said, all things concerning baptism, it is good to understand the context of references for such gives more insight on such things, even with what is being discussed.

• Views 6.6k
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's nice to see children dedicating their lives to Jehovah, unfortunately they are also dedicating their lives to an idol called the wtbts in a contract for life.

Very  rare  and  never  seen  in  Europe...   a  SO  young  sister  before  her  baptism ! But  I  saw  it  in  pic's  and  reports  -  its  really  true !!   I  will  soon  post  it  here...

to touch them.... well, text speaking about touching children for blessings, not baptizing children. dear Outta Here, wrong interpretation and misapplication of bible text, for sure. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Space Merchant said:

I agree to what the Bible says

then show me where one must study for baptism. 

Concerning what Jesus taught, according to you, how does one convey if they is no need to study, read, observe, etc? Example regarding Jesus in his childhood, he read, studied, recited, and observed the laws found in the Old Testament because in doing so, he, as with all Jews, learned about the God of Israel. Why is it suddenly different according to you about those of the New Covenant; Christians?

this is right out of the wt playbook. So if Jesus studied, then it is a command to study for baptism? 

Did Jesus own a cat when He was growing up? Does that then require us to raise cats? 

So what would you say in regards to those being hearers of the word? actually disciples and students of God's Word in Bible times, especially those at Pentecost?

How would the early Christians teach and preach the good news gospel and the Messianic Age if they did not understand or observed what the teachings were to begin with?

Taking in wisdom is indeed biblical not. So if Jesus urges us to take in knowledge by coming to know the True God is wrong? Let alone what was said about taking in accurate knowledge? Trying to understand you.

no one said that we are not to study! 

It just isn't a requirement for baptism. 

That being said, if you have some points to make, then do so, aside from that, I speak on what the Bible says regarding those who are in union with the Christ and what they've done, in which we as Christians today can emulate and apply.

I've already said it. re-read my posts, or rather this one and maybe you'll see my point. I doubt it though.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:12 PM, Shiwiii said:

then show me where one must study for baptism. 

Regarding baptism the Bible tells us to take in knowledge, I had already made a response to that.

this is right out of the wt playbook.

Playbook?

So if Jesus studied, then it is a command to study for baptism? 

Yes, Jesus did study, for the law he was born into he, and all of his people had to read and observe, recite, study, and pray, all things in regards to taking in knowledge of the God of Israel, Yahweh. Jesus even acknowledged said Law to those that asked him as read in Mark 12.

Jesus told us to take in knowledge of the True God who sent him.

And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.

By taking in wisdom of God, people indeed examine Scripture, people will learn of who God is and what he had done, and will also come to understand of who Jesus Christ is and what role he has in God's Purpose and Will. Concerning Baptism, those who hear God's Word come to take in wisdom and understand it, and it is concerning those who seek baptism themselves by their choice to make said declaration to God. For Jesus came and spoke God's Word giving us insight on who he is, to which we examine and accept as truth.

Did Jesus own a cat when He was growing up?

I beg your pardon?

Does that then require us to raise cats? 

Again with the requirements, but only this time a feeble example.

no one said that we are not to study! 

We are to take in wisdom and examine God's Word. I suggest you look up what the word actually is and its definition: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/study

So tell me this, when it comes to learning and understanding God what do you do?

It just isn't a requirement for baptism. 

No one says that it is an absolute requirement. The response regarding baptism is the fact that people take in knowledge of God's Word, learning about him, especially those who seek baptism, those who heard God's Word.

I've already said it. re-read my posts, or rather this one and maybe you'll see my point. I doubt it though.

What you said primarily is that this or that is unbiblical. I have read your responses, I haven't ignored or left anything out if I made a response to each part.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.