The World News Media

"Happy are the people who know the joyful shouting. O Jehovah, they walk in the light of your face." (Psalms 89:15) – ?❤️???❤️?

Bible Speaks

M. Stephen Lett - member of the Governing Body

?????????

15 Happy are the people who know the joyful shouting. O Jehovah, they walk in the light of your face." (Psalms 89:15).

?????????

The ‘light of God’s face’ means divine favor. (Ps 44:3; 89:15) “Lift up the light of your face upon us” is an expression meaning ‘show us favor.’ (Ps 4:6) Similarly, the favor of a ruler is referred to as “the light of the king’s face.”—Pr 16:15.

?????????

Light may denote brightness or cheerfulness, the opposite of gloom. (Job 30:26) This may explain the words of Job (29:24): “The light of my face they would not cast down.” Although others were gloomy and dejected, this did not cause Job to become of like disposition.

?????????

A bright prospect, such as salvation or deliverance, is at times referred to under the figure of light. (Es 8:16; Ps 97:11; Isa 30:26; Mic 7:8, 9) Jehovah’s causing his glory to shine forth upon Zion pointed forward to her deliverance from a captive state. As a result Zion was to become a source of enlightenment to the nations. (Isa 60:1-3, 19, 20; compare Re 21:24;22:5.) On the other hand, for the sun, moon, and stars not to give their light would signify calamity.—Isa 13:10, 11;Jer 4:23; Eze 32:7, 8; Mt 24:29.

?????????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002742?q=ps+89%3A15&p=par

Jehovah is called “the happy God.” (1Ti 1:11) He creates and works with joy for himself and his creatures. What he brings about makes him joyful. (Ps 104:31) He wants his creatures likewise to enjoy his works and to enjoy their own work. (Ec 5:19) Since he is the Source of all good things (Jas 1:17), all intelligent creatures, both mankind and angels, can find their chief enjoyment in coming to know him. (Jer 9:23, 24) 

?????????

King David said: “Let my musing about him be pleasurable. I, for my part, shall rejoice in Jehovah.” (Ps 104:34) He also sang: “The righteous one will rejoice in Jehovah and will indeed take refuge in him; and all the upright in heart will boast.” (Ps 64:10) The apostle Paul urged Christians to take joy at all times in their knowledge ofJehovah and his dealing with them, writing to them: “Always rejoice in the Lord [“Jehovah,” in several versions]. Once more I will say, Rejoice!”—Php 4:4.

?????????

Jesus Christ, who was the intimate one of Jehovah, knows him best (Mt 11:27), and he is able to explain Him to his followers. (Joh 1:18) Jesus is therefore joyful, being called “the happy and only Potentate.” (1Ti 6:14, 15) 

?????????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200002531?q=joy+of+jehovah&p=par#h=3

IMG_1761.JPG

• Views 907
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

M. Stephen Lett - member of the Governing Body ????????? 15 Happy are the people who know the joyful shouting. O Jehovah, they walk in the light of your face." (Psalms 89:15). ????????

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.