The World News Media

How long would it take us to build an Egyptian pyramid with today's advancements?

Jack Ryan

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Building a pyramid, or an atomic bomb is VERY simple, if you find acceptable a VERY high people casualty rate handling the materials, and have an unlimited supply of unpaid labor, etc. If the pyr

In order to answer that question you would need geology and soils reports for the construction site .... and develop from scratch a  complete set of plans of the structure to be built, "greased" the p

Posted Images

In order to answer that question you would need geology and soils reports for the construction site .... and develop from scratch a  complete set of plans of the structure to be built, "greased" the permitting process to a certainty ... surveys of the quarrys where the stone is sourced, and a staff of about 400 people in a building full of computers to do the cost estimates, bills of material, logistics planning, and manpower and tools and equipment acquisition and scheduling .  The list goes on, and on...and on.

The actual construction could be started as soon as foundation details were firmed up, and the rest of the design could be built as fast as the stone could be quarried. Machines would have to be invented and built to transport those stone up a 37 degree or so slope.

As an old grey man who has worked on projects that size much of my life, I give a conservative VERY rough guess of 11 years, and a cost of 3 trillion dollars.

It would be easier and quicker with telekinesis, but those skills have long been erased from the human gene pool.

Building a pyramid, or an atomic bomb is VERY simple, if you find acceptable a VERY high people casualty rate handling the materials, and have an unlimited supply of unpaid labor, etc.

If the pyramid project were mine, and I could afford to waste a hundred thousand human lives, the project would finish early and under budget.

In Germany, the V-2 Rocket Program in Mittelwerk, near Nordhausen Germany killed MORE slave laborers building the rockets than were killed at the receiving end in England where the rockets landed.

Approximately 25,000 people died MAKING the rockets, and 10,000 or so  people died as targets of the rockets. About six workers died for EVERY rocket produced.

Would not a ramp need to have been built to haul the stones upwards? Regardless of how many slaves employed, I have read it would have to be absurdly long for the pitch to be slight enough for the blocks to move - and even then, the blocks are heavy enough so as to destroy any inclined plane built. There is no trace of any ramp today. 

Just once, I would like to hear archeologists say: "My God, these people were stupid! It's a wonder they figured out how to procreate!" But no - it's always about how amazingly advanced they were! - a circumstance that surely flies in the face of evolution.

The simplest solution if you wanted to use a ramp ... would be a spiral ramp around the outside of the pyramid, and start building it from the center of the square bottom .... not from the bottom up...but from the inside out.

The "trick" they had was telekinesis, which does not exist among humans today.

Remember ... the Egyptian High Priest ALSO changed his staff into a serpent, during Moses' audience with Pharaoh.

• 5 years later...