Views

The Librarian -
The Librarian -

Top Posters

• Similar Content

• By Jack Ryan
      At least three or four times a month, someone will post something like:
      I am proud to be a JW
      Seriously, what is up with that? I am not trying to be disrespectful. But I never see anyone here post "I am proud to be a Christian".
      If you are "proud" to be a JW, it almost sounds like you are boasting about having accomplished a goal, that you were able to do something that others can't do.
      It almost sounds like you are saying that your salvation is because of something you accomplished on your own.
      By Guest
      Throughout a heartfelt presentation for the Model 3 release party, Elon Musk repeatedly expressed his and Tesla’s immense appreciation of the loyalty given to the company by its many fans.
      He specifically thanked those who purchased the Model S, Model X, and Roadster vehicles for making the Model 3 possible. He also gave shout-outs to the many fans who waited for hours or even days in order to be first in line for Model 3 reservations last year. Musk said that the team at Tesla would enter “manufacturing hell” over the next six to nine months as they attempt to ramp up production of the vehicle, hoping to reach a volume of 5,000 a month by the end of 2017.

With the audience largely populated by Tesla employees, there was still a tangible air of excitement in spite of the difficult and long hours almost certainly ahead of everyone who works at the company. Musk reiterated the hope that Tesla would be able to able to ship all the initial reservations by the end of 2018, and also told those reserving a Model 3 now that there is a chance they will also receive their vehicles by that same time. It seems likely that that will slip to 2019, but Tesla has long publicly acknowledged the fact that delays were possible or even likely as the company attempts to reach unprecedented levels of EV production.
      While rather short on specific details many hoped for, today marks the beginning of customers taking their Model 3s home. While only 30 vehicles have been released thus far, that number should rise rapidly into the tens of thousands by the end of the year. Soon to come will be the first publicized customer opinions of the vehicles, so keep your eyes peeled.
      Source 
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Loyalty is the theme for this year’s Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses series in Duluth starting Friday.
      All ages can attend the free three-day program with the theme “Remain Loyal to Jehovah!,” according to a news release.
      The program will take place at the Infinite Energy Center at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway from Aug. 12 to Aug. 14 and from Aug. 19 to Aug. 21. Sessions will start each day at 9:20 a.m.
      “Loyalty can be a challenge. … At work, in the family, in our personal lives and in our relationship with God,” Mike Funston, a convention spokesman, said in the release. “All too often, disloyalty is fracturing our lives and communities.”
      The convention will feature discussions and video clips about Jesus Christ and a full-length film on “on how a mighty King remained loyal while being besieged by his enemies,” he said.
      Funston said about 6,800 are expected to attend each day.
      For information, visit www.jw.org.
      http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/convention-of-jehovah-s-witnesses-in-duluth-to-focus-on/article_3e8b99bc-1c63-51ba-86b5-ecf7e14e9988.html
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Jehovah's Witnesses return to the River City for their annual convention. This year marks the 14th held in Evansville.

That long stay in the Tri-State coincides nicely with this convention's theme of loyalty.

"Loyalty is what we're talking about," says Frederick Young. "Loyalty to Jehovah."

"Helps us remain loyal by words and deeds and actions," says Sean Caster. 

Each year the convention brings an estimated $2.8 million to the local economy, according the Evansville Convention and Visitors Bureau.

"They've adapted very well to our being here," says Caster. "The hotels have been very gracious, the town has been very gracious. We appreciated Roberts Stadium, but we also appreciate the new Ford Center as well."

Organizers say the convention brings in so many people, they have to book hotels as far away as Henderson, KY in addition to several hotels within Evansville and Vanderburgh County.
      Source: http://www.tristatehomepage.com/news/local-news/jehovahs-witness-convention-returns
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      NEW YORK—Jehovah’s Witnesses are inviting the public to attend their 2016 “Remain Loyal to Jehovah!” Regional Conventions. Beginning on Friday, May 20, the Witnesses will be hosting these free events in the United States and around the world.
      The three-day program will feature 49 presentations, each exploring the theme “loyalty.” Additionally, the Witnesses have prepared 35 video segments specifically for the program plus two short films that will be shown on Saturday and Sunday. Each day, the morning and afternoon sessions will be introduced by music videos recorded for the convention.
      As they have in years past, the Witnesses will distribute a special invitation to the public welcoming them to attend the program. Thedates and locations for each convention can be found on the Witnesses’ official website, jw.org. Journalists may contact the nearest branch office of Jehovah’s Witnesses for more information, including the name of a local media contact for reporters planning to cover the convention.
      David A. Semonian, a spokesman for Jehovah’s Witnesses at their world headquarters in Brooklyn, New York, states: “We strongly believe that loyalty is an essential part of any healthy relationship. Our convention this year features content that will help people develop stronger bonds with friends, family members and, above all, with God. We are confident that all who attend will enjoy this program.”
      Media Contact:
      David A. Semonian, Office of Public Information, tel. +1 718 560 5000

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• What you expect is Santa Claus This is infuriating to me. Such whiners think only of themselves. They “admitted” it long ago and if you didn’t think you were Perry Mason angling confession from the courtroom spectator you would see that. From the Revelation Climax book, published in 1988: “It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible. Like Joseph of old, we say: “Do not interpretations belong to God?” (Genesis 40:8)” Call those the words of people who think they cannot be wrong? For the life of me, I don’t know why this is so hard. It is as though grown adults are determined to make themselves children. Since the writers plainly state up front that they could be wrong, I take everything in that spirit. I strive to get my head around whatever they are saying & and discern how they came to think as they do because I do not want to be like Diotrophes, who “receives nothing from us with respect.” But it is all tentative—it represents to me the best thinking out there. It doesn’t mean that nobody else can think. However, since detractors here have NOTHING to show for themselves other than grumbling over how they would like to see things different, I take whatever they offer with that in mind. The GB is vigilant and they take their shepherding role seriously. They do not want to find themselves in the shoes of Lot, whose sons-in-law thought he was joking. That is why they do not say: “Here is our latest thinking. It’s probably no good, but see what you think.” No. They state what they state in recognition that “interpretations belong to God” and that they are doing their best to figure those things out.  
    • Yep, Armageddon is gonna happen any minute now, let's build a multi billion dollar luxury compound for the faithful slave for the long haul.
    • 7:26 But the Court sat, and they took away his rulership, in order to annihilate him and to destroy him completely. 27 “‘And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all rulerships will serve and obey them.’   28 “This is the end of the matter. As for me, Daniel, my thoughts alarmed me greatly, so that I turned pale; but I kept the matter in my own heart.”
    • Does anyone remember about 4 years ago when someone came on this forum (jw-archive.org at the time) and said they had just been through real estate training for the Society, because the Society, they said, was going to be one of the biggest buyers and sellers of real estate? I got the impression that this person was already preparing for their specific assignment with an assigned partner to scout out better places purchase KH properties somewhere in the U.S. That person gave the impression that this was about to kick off all around the United States, perhaps even further abroad. That was many months before the Society announced their cash flow problems, and long before we started hearing about the sales of so many KHs and even a couple of AHs.  This is no doubt correct. The Society did the same thing in the Brooklyn area, as sometimes they would need to bring in a brother who had his family with him. There was also a need to house certain elderly brothers and sisters in a place where they could get physical therapy, nursing visits, palliative care, etc., with some privacy and out of the way of the hustle and bustle of Bethel life.
    • All you really must remember is that if you got ot wrong back then you would be dismembered and your house turned into a public privy. (Daniel 2:5, 3:29) It is Holy Spirit by the truckload. Anyone else takes a wrong understanding to his grave, either through natural death or walking off a precipice with it and leading others with him.  Holy Spirit makes people honest, humble, and hungry enough to continually look at Scriptures anew in light of ongoing developments. Go read @b4ucuhear‘s comment again, not just the single sentence you quoted. Read all of them. Notice how they tie together and modify each other. That is what sentences do.
    • So the " great crowd"  will learn all things by themselves?  They do not need an organized  place to attend meetings? .... which is instructed by the bible to attend so we can strengthen each other? This is why I call you out as misleading and false....... where is your worldwide organization which is providing place for people of all nations to gather and worship jehovah?  And teach them live and neutrality so they truly view themselves as one nation with no borders dividing them...... There are so many other scriptures which indicate otherwise while you create an argument over the only scripture that 'may' indicate it because of an argument over a preposition....... are you changing the entire truth based on your 'desire' to start 'ruling now?    We are being 'taught ' now by that 'slave'  you hate.     But you may be running ahead about the 1000 year reign..... don't you think?   Don't be patronizing to me..... I know that because of jehovahs spirit working in them.   But the bible clearly indicates that they will judge and rule when they are in heaven......   
    • Nothing is beyond your extreme criticism lol.  Go buy yourself a little patch in London or in any other capital city like New York and see what it costs you.   If they needed a space for someone or a worker, or even for guests or whatever, they would have bought it because it was needed at the time and is now no longer needed.   Says the exceedingly worldly guy......  If they sell the property to help brothers they are wicked and if they buy it to help brothers they are wicked....... do you sound reasonable to yourselves?   Thanks to Jehovah you are not the final judges because you will put all JWs in Auschwitz......just for being JWs..... ah, you may still help the world to do that in future ..... who knows? 
  • Popular Now