The World News Media

She’s 98. He’s 94. They Met at the Gym.

Guest Nicole

Guest Nicole

13VOWS1-superJumbo.jpg

Alvin Mann and Gertrude Mokotoff exchanged vows on Aug. 5 before 50 family members and friends at Middletown City Hall in Middletown, N.Y. CreditJustin Gilliland/The New York Times

Gertrude Mokotoff and Alvin Mann were introduced eight years ago at a gym in Middletown, N.Y., where they still work out twice a week.

“A mutual friend said to me, ‘I’d like you to meet a very nice young lady,’” Mr. Mann recalled after chopping wood one recent morning at his mountaintop home in nearby Cuddebackville, N.Y.

On their first date, he drove her to a restaurant in Middletown called Something Sweet. “He was a perfect gentleman,” she said, and he added, “There was something about her that made me want to keep on talking.”

In a heartbeat, they became an item, talking about dreams and goals and sharing a life together.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/11/fashion/weddings/senior-citizen-older-couple-wedding.html

• Views 2.5k
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three years ago I remarried at age 67, and it has been WONDERFUL! Susan has a Masters Degree in Mathematics Education, and I LIKE having a gal I can ...*koff* ... count on !

I love such of reports Â Â Â ?????  Thank you Nicole 

But what means exactly  "koff" ??  I not find that word.... 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

But what means exactly  "koff" ??  I not find that word.... :D

*koff* is a word that you use in the middle of telling a joke, a sound like a single cough to clear your throat .. to give the reader a hint that what you are telling is INTENDED to be a joke.  Usually accompanied by holding your closed fist, thumb and forefinger close to your mouth, so you cough down the hole into the palm of your hand, as a visual clue, also.  Also to show that you are perhaps not being serious, although the stated joke may be somewhat Machiavellian. Sort of like an "Achtung!".

The joke was that I could COUNT on my wife, she being a Math Teacher, which she is.  A "play on words".

1 hour ago, Nicole said:

@James Thomas Rook Jr. is it true? 

Other than the play on words about "Math" and "count", the rest is quite true!

YAY!

( which is short for "Hooray!", or as the English would say "..very good." )

Frog with Teeth .jpg

Hooray...  similar  Hilarious ?   In  German  we  say  Hurra!  to  Hooray!  hahaha  :D  I  like  such  of  special  words !  You're  interested  to  special  German  words ?  then  I  will  think  about  this  and  that....

Do  you  know,   ABWARTEN  UND  TEE  TRINKEN ?