The Librarian

Can you pray if you're not yet a Jehovah's Witness but you want to be? Will Jehovah God listen? Is it respectful?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

The Librarian -
Melinda Mills -

Top Posters

Oh yes, you can !  Many prayers are NOT from JW...  Jehovah is listen and very fast comming 2 sisters or brothers to exactly that door. I heard alot experiences of that. Often just our last door was so especially. In the need and when honestly, its of sure respectful,  yes !

• Similar Content

• By The Librarian
      A little shepherd boy was watching his sheep one Sunday morning. As he heard the bells ringing the faithful to church, he watched the people walking along the lane next to the pasture. He began to think that he, too, would like to communicate with God. "But what can I say?" he thought. He had never learned a prayer. 

So on bended knee, he began to recite the alphabet - A, B, C, D, and so on to Z, repeating his "prayer" several times.

A man passing by heard the boy's voice, and stopping to look through the bushes, saw the child kneeling with folded hands and closed eyes, saying, "J, K, L, M, ..."

He interrupted the boy, asking, "What are you doing, my little friend?" The boy replied, "I was praying, sir."

Surprised, the man said, "But why are you reciting the alphabet?"

The child explained, "I don't know any prayers, sir. But I want God to take care of me and help me to care for the sheep. So, I thought if I said all I knew, He could put the letters together and spell all that I want to say and should say."

The man smiled and said, "Bless your heart. You're right - God will!"

Remember that Jesus told us to have faith like a child. When you go to God in prayer, don't worry if you don't know what to say. He can put your thoughts and feelings together and send you the answer you need, even when you don't know what you need.

contributed
    • By Jack Ryan
      in honor of @TrueTomHarley 😄
    • By The Librarian
      Question sent in years ago that I never posted.
    • By Linda Griffin
      my name is Linda Griffin.
      email: lgriin479@yahoo.com
      i have not been receiving my two (2) articles from you anymore.
      Are you not doing it anymore or am I excluded? I read both sets of articles and I find it all very useful, including the study material.
      Please respond and let me know!
      i miss it terribly!
      Linda Griffin 
    • By The Librarian
      Dear Librarian,
      Are Jehovah’s Witnesses allowed to celebrate Thanksgiving?
      - Julie, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
      ———

See also:

• By The Librarian
      Question sent in to to me....
      Answer: Yes. And usually only sisters attend them.
    • By The Librarian
      No. Donations have no relevance as to whether a person is counted as a Witness or has any particular assignment or privilege in our organization. (Acts 8:18-20) In fact, most donations are made anonymously. Each Witness donates his time, energy, and resources to our worldwide work according to his own desire and circumstances.—2 Corinthians 9:7.
    • By James Thomas Rook Jr.
      A 32 year old Bethelite at Warwick, NY  was walking along a sidewalk at Bethel, going to the cafeteria for the evening meal,  and as he walked along, was in deep prayer to Jehovah God.
       He said, "Jehovah, you have promised to give me the desires of my heart. That's what I am asking you for right now. Please give me a confirmation that you will reward my faith and service to you.”
       Suddenly the sky clouded up over his head and God in a booming voice spoke to him. "I have searched your heart and determined it to be pure. The last time I granted someone the desires of his heart request .... it was to my servant Solomon.”
       “ He didn't disappoint me with his request for wisdom.”
       “ I think I can trust that you won't disappoint me either. Because you have been faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you the desires of your heart."
       The Brother sat and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to have a deep understanding of the Bible, and I have really tried, but I have forsaken a good education, and taken a vow of poverty and cannot afford a car or the classes I need to become an Engineer when my service here at  Bethel is up …. could you help me afford a car, and a stipend so I can go to school, and learn to provide for myself and my future family as I get old?"
       The Lord laughed and said, "That's impossible! Think of the logistics of that! I would have to start creating again to make you a car, and money to use, and get you into a college without any background that would make sense for what you would be learning!”
       “ … Your request is very materialistic, a little disappointing. I could do it, but it's hard for me to justify your craving for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another request ….  a  request you think would honor and glorify Me as well."
       The Brother  thought about it for a long while and tried to think of a really good request.
       Finally, he said, “Oh God, please hear my request.  I was Baptized when I was eight years old, and paid attention all my life, taking notes, reading the Bible, and meditation … but I just cannot understand the “Overlapping Generations” thing.  I can’t see how Jesus or the Apostles or any disciples in the Early Church ever understood that, when Jesus was speaking. Can you help me to understand the “Overlapping Generations” Doctrine?”
       “I want to know what all the other Brothers and Sisters know, what  they feel inside and what they're thinking ...I want to know how to be as truly happy as they are, knowing these deep things about You ....That's the wish that I want, Jehovah … my hearts desire."
        … after a few minutes, God said, "How about a Corvette and a full scholarship to Stanford University?"

• By The Librarian
      Government census bureaus often determine their figures by asking people which religious group they identify themselves with. For example, the U.S. Census Bureau states that their surveys “sought to determine whether the respondents regarded themselves as adherents of a religious community,” adding that the resulting figures are “subjective rather than objective.” By contrast, we count as Jehovah’s Witnesses only those who preach to others and who report that activity, not those who merely identify themselves as Witnesses.
    • By The Librarian
      Although we do not include such ones in the number of Witnesses, we welcome them in our congregations. Most of them attend the annual Memorial of Christ’s death, so the number of such ones can be roughly determined by the difference between the attendance at this meeting and the number of Witnesses. In 2015, the attendance at the Memorial was 19,862,783.
      Many who do not attend our meetings benefit from our free home Bible study program. During 2015, we conducted an average of 9,708,968Bible studies each month, some of which were held with several individuals at the same time.
    • By The Librarian
      Each month, Witnesses report their preaching activity to their local congregation. This report is made voluntarily.
      Congregation reports are tabulated, and the totals are sent to the local branch office. The branch sends the totals for each country or territory to our world headquarters.
      At the end of every service year, * the peak number of Witnesses for each land during that year is determined. These figures are added together to determine the number of Witnesses worldwide. Detailed reports for each country, including experiences from the preaching work, are published in the Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses. These reports encourage us, just as similar reports encouraged the early Christians.—Acts 2:41; 4:4; 15:3.
    • By The Librarian
      How do Jehovah’s Witnesses explain the dinosaurs?
      SM - Dallas, TX
    • By Queen Esther
      PS. Forget  the  hours...   we  not  should  compare  us  with  other  Brothers  or  families !  Jehovah  is  always  knowing  what  we  can  do  and  what  NOT !   A  CO.  said  before  longer  time,  when  we  want  go  but  not  can    For  JAH  its  so,  as  we  were  gone....  thats  LOVE   YES,  thats  our  GOD !   HE  *IS*  LOVE...  always  seeing  our  positive  things !  We  humans  get  long  time  to  learn  that,  1000 years    May  Jehovah  bless  you  and  your  family,  Brother  RJ...  Greetings  from  Germany,  AGAPE !
    • By The Librarian
      Hi there, My name is RJ and for two days I have been nonstop searching for clarification on counting time with unbaptized children. The organized to do Jehovah's will briefly talks about it. It states that a family head can count the time, study, and return visits for family worship. I understand that part. 4 hours per month, 4 return visits per month, and one study. Here is my dilemma, under the same sub-heading as that part it states that we count time, return visits, and bible studies for any one whom we study with that is unbaptized. I have four children and not only do we have our weekly family worship but each child also has their own independent study as well, age appropriate material for each child. So my question is, where can I find clarification of the situation? I was told no matter what you do with your family max is 4hr/ month, 4R.V./month, and one study/ month, however they are all unbaptized bible students. Thank you for your time and patience. - Brother RJ
    • By The Librarian
      Dear Librarian question submitted......
      I will have to research what binaural beats even are before answering to be honest.
      Agape!
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      via Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. World News
    • Guest Nicole
    • By Bible Speaks
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. "Rejoice in the hope. Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer."
      (Romans 12:12) NWT
      jw.org
      IMG_3478.MP4

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • By Bible Speaks
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. "Rejoice in the hope. Endure under tribulation. Persevere in prayer."
      (Romans 12:12) NWT
      jw.org
      IMG_5154.MOV

• By Bible Speaks
      14 "For this reason I bend my knees to the Father, 15  to whom every family in heaven and on earth owes its name."
      (Ephesians 3:14,15)
      jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      ALWAYS REMEMBER THE P.A.S.S.W.O.R.D. ? ?
      P - Prayer (Matt.6:9,10)   (Prov.27:11)
      A - Association (Rom.1:11,12) (Hebrews 10:24,25)
      S - Study (personal) (Prov.2:1-5)
      S - Service (Field Ministry) (Matt.28:19,20)
      W - Word (Read the Bible Daily)  (Ps.1:1-5.)
      O - Organization ( Deut.4:6)
      R - Reminders (Ps. 119:46,52)
      D - Directions (Ps.119:105) Discipline (Prov.6;23)
      jw.org 

• By Bible Speaks
      We are thankful to Jehovah that he has a communication channel where he never closes.
      18 "Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted; He saves those who are crushed in spirit."
      (Psalm 34:18)

• By Bible Speaks
      4 "The king then said to me: “What is it that you are seeking?” At once I prayed to the God of the heavens."
      (Nehemiah 2:4)
      Nehemiah, governor of the Jews in the fifth century B.C.E., did his best to please God. He spearheaded the rebuilding of Jerusalem’s walls despite enemy opposition. 
      He enforced God’s Law, cared for the oppressed, and sought to build up the faith of his fellow Israelites. 
      Did God notice the good that this faithful man had done? Did Nehemiah have Jehovah’s approval? We can discern the answers in the closing words of the book that bears his name.
      Nehemiah prays: “Do remember me, O my God, for good.”
      Is Nehemiah afraid that his good deeds have gone unnoticed by God or that God will forget about him? No. Nehemiah is no doubt aware of what earlier Bible writers have said about Jehovah’s keen interest in his faithful worshippers and their good deeds. (Exodus 32:32, 33; Psalm 56:8) 
      What, then, is he asking God to do? One reference work notes that the Hebrew term translated “remember” implies “the affection of the mind and the action which accompanies recollection.” With full faith in the power of prayer, Nehemiah is asking God to remember him with affection and to bless him.—Nehemiah 2:4.
      Will Jehovah answer Nehemiah’s prayer for remembrance? In one respect, he already has. The very fact that Jehovah saw fit to have a permanent record made of Nehemiah’s prayer, making it part of the inspired Scriptures, assures us that he remembers Nehemiah with affection. But the “Hearer of prayer” will do more to answer Nehemiah’s heartfelt request.—Psalm 65:2.

• Guest Nicole
    • By Bible Speaks
      "Epʹa·phras, who is from among YOU, a slave of Christ Jesus, sends YOU his greetings, always exerting himself in YOUR behalf in [his] prayers, that YOU may finally stand complete and with firm conviction in all the will of God." Colossians 4:12    New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures—With References  
    • Guest Nicole
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Eduardo05Alexander
    Newest Member
    Eduardo05Alexander

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.