The World News Media

JW's mistaken claim...

Cos

9 hours ago, Cos said:

2000 years ago Jesus said His church would NEVER cease to exist...so where has the JWs form of religion being for so long? <><

They are a continuation of the first disciples. They were the ones who did not follow the false teachings that were being promoted by some of the early followers. In earlier times, they were simply referred to as the Bible Students. In 1931 they adopted the name "Jehovah's Witnesses." This name was derived from a number of Scriptures.

• Views 16k
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ding Ding Ding Ding, I take "what we are allowed to read and what is forbidden" for three hundred Alex.    Hey, isn't that why the WT pulled the Trinity book in the first place? Something

but it is a practice that the jws/bible students participated in prior to 1935 or so. So what this means is, your claim  "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be tr

Hi! Last explanation in WT magazine say how GB and FDS are the same. FDS task is to spread "spiritual food". GB spreading food, so GB is FDS. FDS have its beginning in 1 century in form of apostl

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Cos said:

the devil

Yes, the devil is trying to blind "the unbelievers." And he is doing quite an excellent job!

The false teachings, pagan practices, disregard for God's will....and it goes on and on!

2 Cor. 4:4 – [Satan, the Devil] "has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,

so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ,

who is the image of God, might not shine through."

11 hours ago, Cos said:

the devil tries to confuse the truth

Yes, it is a shame, but he is using all false religions (see bottom of post) to confuse so many innocent, God-loving people dooming them to  destruction.

You might like to know that back in the beginning, there was ONLY ONE religion...belief in the ONE TRUE GOD.

Today, there are about 4,300 worldwide https://www.reference.com/world-view/total-number-religions-world-ff89ae17c6068514.

11 hours ago, Cos said:

are you to nullify the Bible teaching on these because the devil tries to confuse the truth? I should hope not because that's what he wants you to do!

I am not here to "nullify the Bible teaching."

I am here to SHARE the TRUTH of the Bible teachings in the hope of being able "save some" before the soon-to-come end of this system of things. (1 Cor. 9:22)

11 hours ago, Cos said:

In my younger days as part of my curriculum I had studied mythology, to which “pagan gods and goddesses” are you referring to that were “in a triple form”? <><

I was an actual practicing and teaching pagan for nearly a decade, so I speak from personally living Satan's LIE.

Here is the triple form used for some goddesses:  Maiden - Mother - Crone.

Another triple form in paganism is:  Mother - Father - Son.

What is FALSE RELIGION?

(from Watchtower 12/1/68 - How to Avoid Coming Under the Devil's Control)

Actually, false religion is the foremost means by which the Devil, “the father of the lie,” turns mankind away from God and gains control over them. (John 8:44) False religion is worship that is built on falsehoods and that is in conflict with God’s Word of truth, the Bible. That is one reason why the Bible points out that if a person worships in a way that is not in harmony with God’s Word of truth, he is in reality serving the demons, because he is acting in harmony with what they want and in conflict with God. Thus the Bible explains: “The things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God.”—1 Cor. 10:20; Deut. 32:16, 17.

P.S. I was in a "robed-scholarly" sect, not a "naked-sexual" sect.

1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

They are a continuation of the first disciples. They were the ones who did not follow the false teachings that were being promoted by some of the early followers. In earlier times, they were simply referred to as the Bible Students. In 1931 they adopted the name "Jehovah's Witnesses." This name was derived from a number of Scriptures.

This simply cannot be the case because the org has morphed so much within the last 100 years that it is no longer even close to what the bible students were. So in the 16th century, what were the teaching of the jws/bible students? Is there ANY documentation of what they taught before the 1700's?

29 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:
1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

This simply cannot be the case because the org has morphed so much within the last 100 years that it is no longer even close to what the bible students were. So in the 16th century, what were the teaching of the jws/bible students? Is there ANY documentation of what they taught before the 1700's?

Yes, this "simply" CAN be the case... Though there are many who choose to scoff at the WT noting Proverb 4:18, this Scripture clearly indicates WHY things HAVE changed and WILL CONTINUE to change.

3 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Yes, this "simply" CAN be the case... Though there are many who choose to scoff at the WT noting Proverb 4:18, this Scripture clearly indicates WHY things HAVE changed and WILL CONTINUE to change.

How can you even believe that. The wt has gone from worshiping Jesus in the 1920's and celebrating Christmas to none of that in less than a 60 year span. So the basics of the beliefs are not even close to the original founding. Again, is there any documentation about the bible students in the 1500's? 1600's? anything prior to the late 1800's?  

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

Is there ANY documentation of what they taught before the 1700's?

To learn what the earlier teachings are, is irrelevant to learning the truth about the Bible's true message.

God wants us to have the perfect, everlasting life that he had given to Adam and Eve.

Because of their disobedience, they lost all of the wonderful gifts that God had given them.

God's will is clearly stated at 2 Pet. 3:9 - "he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

God sent his Son to earth to save us from being destroyed at Armageddon, so that we could have the EVERLASTING gift of Life which Adam basically stole from us. (John 3:16; Rom. 5:12; Ps. 37:29)

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

Rom. 5:12 - ...through one man [Adam] sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.

Ps. 37:29 - The righteous will possess the EARTH, And they will live FOREVER on it.

1 minute ago, DeeDee said:

To learn what the earlier teachings are, is irrelevant to learning the truth about the Bible's true message.

You are correct, but the topic being discussed is what you posted:

2 hours ago, DeeDee said:

You need to prove such claims, and without proof then I may as well just say that cats are the direct lineage of the teachers of the bible students. If I said it it must be true, just as you have been told that jws/bible students are a continuation from the disciples by men who run the wt, so it also must be true. 

by the way, I proved to you in a earlier response that your "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be true based on your ideas of what is false......Worshiping Jesus and Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

by the way, I proved to you in a earlier response that your "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be true based on your ideas of what is false......Worshiping Jesus and Christmas. 

It is not clear to me what you are saying, but I will tell you that both "worshipping Jesus" AND "Christmas" are not spoken of in the Bible. Therefore, neither one is a Bible teaching or Bible truth.

Worshipping Jesus - ONLY the TRUE God is to be worshipped:

Exodus 20:5 - I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion

Christmas is celebrated on December 25. Note this Scripture about the birth of the Christ:

Luke 2:8-11

8 There were also in the same region shepherds living out of doors and keeping watch in the night over their flocks.

9 Suddenly Jehovah’s angel stood before them, and Jehovah’s glory gleamed around them, and they became very fearful.

10 But the angel said to them: “Do not be afraid, for look! I am declaring to you good news of a great joy that all the people will have.

11 For today there was born to you in David’s city a savior, who is Christ the Lord.

6 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

just as you have been told that jws/bible students are a continuation from the disciples by men who run the wt, so it also must be true.

No, I was not "told" this from "the men who run the wt." The evidence/proof is in the Scriptures themselves. I have read those Scriptures every time I read the entire Bible. The meaning of those words is not changeable, even if the actual words do change. The Bible's message DOES NOT CHANGE.

4 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

t I will tell you that both "worshipping Jesus" AND "Christmas" are not spoken of in the Bible. Therefore, neither one is a Bible teaching or Bible truth.

but it is a practice that the jws/bible students participated in prior to 1935 or so. So what this means is, your claim  "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be true based on your ideas of what is false teachings.

5 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

The evidence/proof is in the Scriptures themselves. I have read those Scriptures every time I read the entire Bible. The meaning of those words is not changeable, even if the actual words do change. The Bible's message DOES NOT CHANGE.

There is no mention of jws/bible students, as the groups we know today/last century,  in the Bible. So your claim that they are the continuation of the disciples, is false unless you can provide proof otherwise. 

but it is a practice that the jws/bible students participated in prior to 1935 or so. So what this means is, your claim  "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be true based on your ideas of what is false teachings.

When JW's realized that they were practicing false religion, they stopped. This is a reflection of Prov. 4:18.

There is no mention of jws/bible students, as the groups we know today/last century,  in the Bible. So your claim that they are the continuation of the disciples, is false unless you can provide proof otherwise. 

There is no mention of any groups in the Bible since there were only the new followers of Jesus' teachings. These followers of Jesus became his "disciples."

You need to prove such claims

Actually, it is not man but the Bible that proves "such claims."

JW's follow all of the commandments of Jesus, so are Jesus' "followers," not Jesus "worshippers."

At Matt. 22:37-40 Jesus commanded:

“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’

38 This is the greatest and first commandment.

39 The second, like it, is this: ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 On these two commandments the whole Law hangs, and the Prophets.”

At Matt. 28:19, 20 Jesus commanded:

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

At John 13:34, 35 Jesus commanded:

I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another;

just as I have loved you, you also love one another.

35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

This is just three Scriptural "Proofs" that JW's are the followers of Jesus.

More on Christmas:

From the New World Translation (Study Edition):

Winter in Bethlehem

Jesus could not have been born in December because the weather in Bethlehem is typically cold and rainy from November to March. In winter, snow may fall in this region. During this time of the year, shepherds would not be living out of doors, keeping watch over their flocks in the fields at night. (Lu 2:8) Bethlehem is located some 780 m (2,550 ft) above sea level in the Judean highlands.

Related Scripture(s):

Mt 2:1; Lu 2:4, 6

Here are a few more Scriptures that prove how to tell false prophets from true followers of Jesus:

Jesus said at Matt. 7:13-23 -

13 “Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it.

15 “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise, every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, nor can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.

21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’