The World News Media

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 2.4k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two dams on the outskirts of Houston, Texas (the 4th largest city (lake) are now overflowing setting the stage for massive flooding in a city where 15% of homeowners have flood insurance. 

Guest Nicole

Displaced by Harvey? Here’s How to Get Help

Find help and a place to stay

DisasterAssistance.gov includes a link to the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s step-by-step guide to filing a flood claim, a map to locate the nearest FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers and instructions on how to apply for assistance. If you have questions about the help FEMA offers or the application process, call 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362) or submit your query online.

The Coast Guard asked those seeking help to follow these instructions:

KHOU, the CBS affiliate in Houston, has posted a list of critical numbers to have on hand. The station has listed several other resources as well, including where to find a shelter, information on the latest evacuation orders and the latest high-water locations in the Houston area.

For a list of shelters open throughout Texas, consult Governor Abbott’s website.

Those seeking help from the Red Cross should visit one of their shelters, which are listed here.

Texas State Park camping is free for evacuees, however, be mindful that several parks have closed because of Harvey, and it’s important to call to check availability.

Read more: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/29/us/harvey-find-help-resources.html?action=click&contentCollection=U.S.&module=RelatedCoverage&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

What a GREAT time to be a flood insurance company ...... collect premiums for 60 years ... then go BANKRUPT!

Two guys sitting in lawn chairs on the beach in Miami....

First one says "I retired with MILLIONS after my factory burned down."

Second one says "I retired with BILLIONS after MY business was flooded out."

First one replies " Hmmm... how do you start a flood?"