The World News Media

Evacuees arrive at Lakewood Church after its pastor, Joel Osteen, received criticism for initial response to Hurricane Harvey

TheWorldNewsOrg

• Views 519
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It turns out that Mattress Mack is more generous than I realized. I had assumed he would have to somehow clean out his furniture store to make it a homeless shelter. Instead, he just opened the doors

It turns out that Mattress Mack is more generous than I realized. I had assumed he would have to somehow clean out his furniture store to make it a homeless shelter. Instead, he just opened the doors and let them flop down on any couch or bed they could find.

How can anyone not love this guy? He's in the right place and the right time, and he does not squander that opportunity. 

I would say so, but I think that is a catch-all term and not a denomination per se.

On another site, I did have one commented who said (from family experience) that nowhere is disparity of income so great then in churches where they preach prosperity income, where the foremost prosperous one is always the preacher.

http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2011/06/income-religion-and-jehovahs-witnesses.html (comments from 'Dave')

Many in the greater community of churches don't like Osteen - it is not 'birds of a feather flock together' in this instance. They decry the lack of substance.