The World News Media

What does not passing the collection plate really mean anyway?

Shiwiii

15 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

beg or petition. asking no problem

then why is that a talking point with the wt to try and set themselves apart from the rest? Asking is all the rest does, so now it comes down to ...........they're all the same, so there is no grounds to boast upon.

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rewards program goes like this, as an example ... The JW singer Prince (PBUH) contributed about $38 thousand dollars a month to his local Kingdom Hall.  Most of this was sent to Brooklyn, whi

Anna you have answer before eyes :))))  

I don't know about you, but I LIKE flying Business Class .... it makes flying First Class like being in a cardboard box. I only flew business class one time, from North Carolina to Norway, and th

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

then why is that a talking point with the wt to try and set themselves apart from the rest? Asking is all the rest does, so now it comes down to ...........they're all the same, so there is no grounds to boast upon.

You don't seem to be talking from experience, or very limited experience. Maybe it's a bit of a geographical thing

"Asking is all the rest does". Your "all the rest" may not be mine. Maybe you've never been to a Sunday morning stick-up.

image.png

Saddleback tithe.jpg

20 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

You don't seem to be talking from experience, or very limited experience. Maybe it's a bit of a geographical thing

"Asking is all the rest does". Your "all the rest" may not be mine. Maybe you've never been to a Sunday morning stick-up.

So where do you see that this is any different that what the wt asks for? I see nothing as mandatory.

Also, since you brought it up, what does the word tithe mean? Is it in the Bible? Who was it told to? 

18 hours ago, Nana Fofana said:

I think NOT being the same is what has had so many obsessed with this alleged "pulling the curtain back and exposing the great Oz for who they really are."

Since I first saw a film clip  of the introduction from  "The PHOTO-DRAMA of CREATION" with C.T. Russell speaking, I've thought that had to be what and who was meant to be "exposed" by that scene in the "Wizard of Oz".

Occultists like L. Frank Baum may have preferred that things carry on exactly the same as they always had. { though if that scene is in the book, published 1900, Russell maybe  wasn't Baum's direct inspiration.  However, the movie in 1939?...}

For YOU know this first, that in the last days+ there will come ridiculers*+ with their ridicule, proceeding according to their own desires+ and saying:+ “Where is this promised presence* of his?+ Why, from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death], all things are continuing exactly as from creation’s beginning.”+  [2 Peter 3]

And, sure enough,  I've seen countless references  to that " W. of Oz" scene    by opposers confidently [overconfidently, IMO ] that the WTBTS  is the/a  "Great Oz" needing "the  curtain pulled back" by  fearless and adorable Totos, who -'luckily'- are to be found in great profusion on the internet -'at this very crucial juncture' in the timelines

So what exactly are you saying here? That the wt has done some stuff? ok, so what, so has any other group. 

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

Also, since you brought it up, what does the word tithe mean?

Seems to be the Saddleback Church that brought it up in this instance.

There might be  a feedback form on their website: 

http://saddleback.com/

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

So where do you see that this is any different that what the wt asks fo

I haven't seen any Sunday morning stick-ups down our way. Maybe you have them in your manor?

On 9/25/2017 at 7:03 PM, Shiwiii said:

exposing the great Oz

Is this getting a bit disrespectful?

Habbakuk 3:4: His brightness was like the light. Two rays flashed from his hand, Where his strength was hidden.

Strong's Concordance
oz: strength, might
Original Word: עֹז
Part of Speech: Noun Masculine
Transliteration: oz
Phonetic Spelling: (oze)
Short Definition: strength

On 9/25/2017 at 7:03 PM, Shiwiii said:

more to do with pulling the curtain back and exposing the great Oz

In view of the midweek Bible study from the God's Kingdom rules book, and the chart "where do our donations go" I was wondering what do legal fees, such as lawsuits, fall under? Does anyone know. I was going to ask an elder friend after the meeting, but ran out of time...

WHERE DO OUR DONATIONS GO?

ALL DONATIONS ARE USED EXCLUSIVELY TO SUPPORT KINGDOM INTERESTS

1. Various publication formats

PUBLISHING

Publishing and distributing literature, printed and electronic

2. Cleaning and maintenance supplies

LOCAL CONGREGATION

Operating expenses, upkeep of the Kingdom Hall, and congregation resolutions *

3. Volunteers in front of a Kingdom Hall under construction

KINGDOM HALL CONSTRUCTION

Between 1999 and 2013, over 24,500 Kingdom Halls were built in lands with limited resources

4. Bringing in relief supplies to a disaster site

DISASTER RELIEF

(See the chart, “When Disaster Strikes!” in Chapter 20.)

5. Two sisters preaching

SPECIAL FULL-TIME SERVANTS

Includes basic living expenses such as housing, food, and health care

• Traveling Overseers

• Special Pioneers

• Missionaries

• International and Kingdom Hall Construction Personnel

• Bethelites

6. An excavator on a construction site

BRANCHES AND TRANSLATION OFFICES

7. A large stadium

CONVENTIONS

8. Students in a theocratic school

THEOCRATIC SCHOOLS

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.