The World News Media

What does not passing the collection plate really mean anyway?

Shiwiii

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:

I just wet myself knowing that the letter was real, and you saw that it was real, making what I was saying true. 

And the evil scheme was all fulfilled with an extra slot at the Kingdom Hall, about a foot from the other slot!!!

I swear this is nothing but jealousy. I mean, what's it to Shiwiii?  If Jehovah's Witnesses flood the coffers in response to very little prodding, what does he care? Can it be anything more than - alright, I am projecting now, as JTR would say, but you would have to be obtuse not to do it - an intense dislike for the message Jehovah's Witnesses preach, and so a trumped up charge that they are somehow doing it underhandedly, crying crocodile tears with a feigned concern for ones so 'deceived'? All the evidence indicates Witnesses are quite satisfied and don't feel deceived at all. I don't. It is every other interest eternally trying to get in my pocket that I must watch closely for chicanery. The more respected they are, the greater the concern.

No Witness would ever make such a charge. They look around and see donated funds being put to good use. They know the GB and ranking Bethelites live in dormitories - nice dormitories, to be sure, but dormitories nonetheless. If they travel, they run up no hotel or restaurant bills. They amass no retirement plans, so should they leave Bethel, their means are very simple (and those who bitch about money collection also bitch about THAT!!!). Nobody makes a dime in salary. There has barely been any concern ever other than newbie @JW Insiderlosing his wallet to a BA deadbeat. And Brother Knorr tried to warn him that could happen, but he was too starry-eyed to pay attention.

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rewards program goes like this, as an example ... The JW singer Prince (PBUH) contributed about $38 thousand dollars a month to his local Kingdom Hall.  Most of this was sent to Brooklyn, whi

Anna you have answer before eyes :))))  

I don't know about you, but I LIKE flying Business Class .... it makes flying First Class like being in a cardboard box. I only flew business class one time, from North Carolina to Norway, and th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

And the evil scheme was all fulfilled with an extra slot at the Kingdom Hall, about a foot from the other slot!!!

I swear this is nothing but jealousy. I mean, what's it to Shiwiii?  If Jehovah's Witnesses flood the coffers in response to very little prodding, what does he care? Can it be anything more than - alright, I am projecting now, as JTR would say, but you would have to be obtuse not to do it - an intense dislike for the message Jehovah's Witnesses preach, and so a trumped up charge that they are somehow doing it underhandedly, crying crocodile tears with a feigned concern for ones so 'deceived'? All the evidence indicates Witnesses are quite satisfied and don't feel deceived at all. I don't. It is every other interest eternally trying to get in my pocket that I must watch closely for chicanery. The more respected they are, the greater the concern.

No Witness would ever make such a charge. They look around and see donated funds being put to good use. They know the GB and ranking Bethelites live in dormitories - nice dormitories, to be sure, but dormitories nonetheless. If they travel, they run up no hotel or restaurant bills. They amass no retirement plans, so should they leave Bethel, their means are very simple (and those who bitch about money collection also bitch about THAT!!!). Nobody makes a dime in salary. There has barely been any concern ever other than newbie @JW Insiderlosing his wallet to a BA deadbeat. And Brother Knorr tried to warn him that could happen, but he was too starry-eyed to pay attention.

I understand you are in complete agreement with WHATEVER the gb says, so really none of what I post should even interest you, but it does. Why? Is it because the exposure of hypocrisy taints the picture you have in your head? probably. I understand that you feel that EVERYTHING is fine in jw-land, but many don't. So why should your approval make any difference to those who don't swallow everything spit out by the gb? it doesn't, and this thread is not all about you or how much you admire(worship) the gb. This thread is about how the wt/gb does exactly the same as many other religions do in regards to money from the people, but tell the rank and file that they don't. Kinda like the phrase "do as I say not as I do". The letters I have posted here point directly to what I am saying, they have merit, that which you cannot deny but only dismiss. 

This banter reminds me of something JTR said recently about calling someone's momma fat. Feelings are hurt because someone called your momma fat, and now its time to defend defend defend your momma not matter what. Its ok Tom, this is not about you nor me, it is about getting the truthful information out there for those lurking and questioning. 

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

the exposure of hypocrisy

EVERYTHING is fine in jw-land

don't swallow everything spit out by the gb

how much you admire(worship) the gb

the wt/gb does exactly the same as many other religions do in regards to money from the people,

@TrueTomHarley ??? Is this directed to you???

On 10/6/2017 at 7:52 PM, TrueTomHarley said:

They've decided the ones having oversight are trustworthy - they've given no cause to think otherwise

What sort of face does deception wear?  One that you will easily recognized?  Perhaps you should go over the Watchtower stock portfolio to get a clearer picture of where the donations are going. 

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

They look around and see donated funds being put to good use.

Right.  That is the determining factor of truth, what we visibly see sitting in Satan's world.  

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

If they travel, they run up no hotel or restaurant bills.

You do realize that the GB flies business class?    I wonder how Jesus would have traveled today, who had nowhere to lay his head.  

I don't know about you, but I LIKE flying Business Class .... it makes flying First Class like being in a cardboard box.

I only flew business class one time, from North Carolina to Norway, and the ticket was $9,450 ... and worth every cent!

What made it even BETTER is that ten thousand children and more had to sell their pet chickens, and do without ice cream cones to pay for it!

Oh wait ....  that was for the GB's Business class ticket.

... never mind.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:08 PM, JW Insider said:

The only difference was that a religious organization could not own property but had to lease it.

What about the churches of Christendom? Were they also leased?

Like this one:

index.jpg

October 1, 2017
TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS IN NIGERIA
Re: Local Needs For the Week of October 16-22
Dear Brothers:
The mid-week meeting for the week of October 16-22 has a 15 minute local needs
part regarding donations that includes a video on ways to contribute electronically. During
that part, the following information should be conveyed to the congregation.
Please stress that regularity is very important when contributing. Some 20 years after
Pentecost of 33 C.E., the apostle Paul reminds the Corinth congregation about the need for a
certain contribution. “Now concerning the collection that is for the holy ones, just as I gave
orders to the congregations of Galatia, do that way also yourselves,” he writes. Then he adds
a piece of advice: “Every first day of the week let each of you at his own house set something
aside in store as he may be prospering, so that when I arrive collections will not take place
then. But when I get there, whatever men you approve of by letters, these I shall send to
carry your kind gift to Jerusalem.” The resolving of how much to give appears to have
included the whole family, whether rich or poor, because it was to take place at their “own
house.”—1 Corinthians 16:1-3.
Paul’s suggestion on the manner of contributing can be applied by congregation
members today. How? Regularity is the key. If your congregation is to pay the monthly rent
and maintenance expenses of your meeting place or Kingdom Hall, it will take “contributing,
not so much the amount, but the regularity of setting something aside each week or month for
Kingdom interests,” writes the branch office in Peru.
Does this idea appeal to you? Even
children can be taught to appreciate how regularity in contributing is part of their worship.
We all regularly set aside money for school fees, food, rent and other necessities.
How much more important it is to do so for kingdom interests. Taking advantage of
whichever way is most convenient for us personally, whether electronically or by using the
contribution box in our local Kingdom Hall, regularity in contribution will help us to put true
worship first in our lives.

As we wish you Jehovah’s rich blessing on your efforts, please

Is this the head start to tithing? Seems so. More and more the wt and gb are assimilating themselves after that in which they denounce. 

We all regularly set aside money for school fees, food, rent and other necessities.
How much more important it is to do so for kingdom interests.

Watchtower is determined to get blood out of a turnip.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/05/nigeria-one-poorest-countries-world-80m-living-poverty-line-un-report/

“Now concerning the collection that is for the holy ones, just as I gave
orders to the congregations of Galatia, do that way also yourselves...Every first day of the week let each of you at his own house set something aside in store as he may be prospering, so that when I arrive collections will not take place
then." —1 Corinthians 16:1-3.

I was outraged when I read this! My blood pressure shot to the moon! They had to call NASA! @Shiwiii is right to warn us about this disgusting book - the Bible. How dare Paul TELL the Corinthian congregation AND the Galatian one and probably every other one - what a racket he had going - to set some money aside every day of the week!!! What a greedy self-serving scoundrel!

What? Is he trying to pretend God needs it? Why does God need our money. It's ours!! Tell him to keep his grubby hands off it!!

"But when I get there, whatever men you approve of by letters, these I shall send to carry your kind gift to Jerusalem."

Yeah! Sure! You expect me to believe that? He's going to take their kind 'gift'  (extorted, if you ask me!) to the Riviera or Las Vegas for some high living - and fly business class to get there!!! Thank you, Shiwiii, for alerted me to this blatant greed and Bible money-loving. You make a fine investigative reporter.

11 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Paul

- one thing that i like with Paul is that he worked (if bible reports are correct in this )))) with own hands on "worldly job" to be able supporting himself. Most of elders and ministerial servants doing in this way too, and that is ok. But top elders in Bethel and in WT are not good example to be compared with Paul in this matter.

Wish you all best. :) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.