The World News Media

What does not passing the collection plate really mean anyway?

Shiwiii

18 hours ago, Witness said:

Stephen Lett – Annual meeting 2017

"Esau our third example, knew the history of Satan and Adam and Eve but did he learn from them?  No, he too lacked appreciation for sacred things.  Adam and Eve lacked the appreciation for sacred things. Esau was Isaac’s first-born son and in Bible times this had great value, but he thought only of his immediate physical cravings.   Gen 25:32 says he became very hungry and cried out, “I am about to die.”  Was he really?  Shouldn’t he have not endured a little bit longer, rather than sell his birthright?  Now, pretty quick he realized his mistake.  He stole something with real value, for what?  I mean what would he have received?  Some bread and lentil stew.  Apparently the stew didn’t even have any meat in it. 

We Bethelites, we can get bread, lentils AND meat for free in the Bethel pantry.    

"Pursue peace with everyone, and holiness—without it no one will see the Lord.  Make sure that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no root of bitterness springs up, causing trouble and defiling many.  Rev 8:11

And make sure that there isn’t any immoral or irreverent person like Esau, who sold his birthright in exchange for a single meal. (Luke 4:5-7 ) For you know that later, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, even though he sought it with tears, because he didn’t find any opportunity for repentance. " Heb 12:14-17

Matt 7:21-23

• Views 7.8k
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The rewards program goes like this, as an example ... The JW singer Prince (PBUH) contributed about $38 thousand dollars a month to his local Kingdom Hall.  Most of this was sent to Brooklyn, whi

Anna you have answer before eyes :))))  

I don't know about you, but I LIKE flying Business Class .... it makes flying First Class like being in a cardboard box. I only flew business class one time, from North Carolina to Norway, and th

Posted Images

As my memory serves me, MAIN, PRIMAR reason for collecting money (in this or that methodology or organizational way how to do it)

IS TO HELP POOR MEMBERS OR CONGREGATIONS. Read the Bible, not old Jew type and anti-type GB illustrations. :) and explanations models.

NOT to building headquarter (cathedral :))), branch Bethels, ..... but helping people to have enough for life, in flesh and spirit.  

• 2 weeks later...

S-331-E Us 4/17

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CIRCUIT ACCOUNTING

19.Assembly Surplus/(Deficit):..."However, if there are insufficient funds in the account to pay expenses for the last assembly or to meet the circuit account’s target balance, the circuit overseer may direct that congregations be advised of the privilege to contribute" 

Did any of you forget your privilege? 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.