The World News Media

Rules that the American Catholic sect is giving to their parishioners to get rid of Jehovah's witnesses. ?

Bible Speaks

Rules that the American Catholic sect is giving to their parishioners to get rid of Jehovah's witnesses.
Would you be able to rebut these almost military standards?

Interaction with a Jehovah's witness
Answer the door. This may seem counter-intuitive to get rid of someone, but the fact is, if you don't answer the door, it's likely to mark you as "no house" and come back in the near future. If you really want to get rid of them, you'll have to answer the door and let them know.

Interrupt. Sounds rude, but it doesn't have to be. It is likely to deepen your command sequence and it will only be more difficult to get a word Polly interrupt to take control of the conversation.
When a Jehovah's witness begins to speak, interrupt with an educated gesture: "excuse me" to draw your attention.
Try to raise your hand and keep it between the two at the chest level with the palm of your hand to the other person and start your interjection with "wait".
If you wait until the Jehovah's witness asks a question, you can simply reply with: "I would rather not have this conversation".

Be honest. If you make up a reason not to want to talk to them, you can see this as an invitation to come back another time. This also starts a conversation.
Be honest and direct with your answer to get your point through and avoid one of your starters of the conversation.
Avoid making excuses. They are trained to respond to specific protests and may consider coming back in the future if they are too busy right now.

We politely. Choose very few words to reject your invitation to speak. It's unnecessary to be rude, and arguing will only stimulate the conversation. A simple and polite decline will do the trick.
Once I get a chance to talk, try a simple, "No, thank you".
It can also be direct saying, " I'm not interested, thank you."

Close the door. Don't hit him in the face, but I understand you've been trained to keep the conversation. Once I have rejected, close the door gently. This is important, because, like the caretakers or any lawyer, they are not likely to accept the first, "no" and will do everything possible to return to you.
Closing the door may be the only way to end the conversation.
If this feels rude to you, try to say, "I'm sorry" when you close the door.

IMG_6683.JPG

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rules that the American Catholic sect is giving to their parishioners to get rid of Jehovah's witnesses. Would you be able to rebut these almost military standards? _______________________________

Blasphemy laws from Catholic church!

instructive !

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

Rules that the American Catholic sect is giving to their parishioners to get rid of Jehovah's witnesses.

Those are actually excellent rules for getting rid of a person who comes to your door to sell you something you don't want. There is nothing "military" about them. I've used them myself on people who call at the door selling goods and services or political candidates. We should all learn from such rules how to be direct and honest with people, instead of being vacillating. I'm impressed.

Now as to the Catholic doctrines which are listed below, these are the ideas that we should be able to rebut. But we should not be overly concerned just because some Catholics might be able to learn ways to be more honest with us. We should be appreciative, so that we can spend our time on persons who are looking for something better.

On 9/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, Bible Speaks said:

Why should those suggestions (they are NOT "rules"), be rebutted?

Would we not (usually) do the exact same things if Catholic Priests came to OUR door about once a month?

Sounds like good ideas to me!

One man's terrorist ... is another man's "freedom fighter".

I put signs on my fence gate every Halloween, "Our Family does not celebrate Halloween .. please try next door".

In 27 years I have NEVER had a problem.

You would almost think they could imagine me on my front porch, in the dark, with a rifle ....