Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Bible Speaks -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

Over the years, I bought several hundred of these at only a nickel apiece. Placed them for 25 cents apiece. Every two placed was another gallon of gas for pioneering. Only have about 2 left.

I was baptized the year before it was released.

Since this came out in 1968 it pushed the 1975 date in a couple of places, as a time when the world would reach a peak of crises and catastrophes.  The book was updated in 1981 to get rid of the 1975 date.

This was an excellent style for studying. We didn't spend too long on any subject, and there were a lot of scriptures packed into the material that were just cited and not quoted. So a study could go long or short and still cover the material depending on the preference of the person we were studying with. Millions became Witnesses based on this book, especially former Catholics. But I think it had about equal appeal to people of many backgrounds.

Just now, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Was  5 cents the Pioneer rate?

Yes. We had it made!! This book went like hotcakes. It's the expression we heard a lot, and it was true. It was the pioneer's bread and butter somedays. Also, in those days, there was no request to put the "profit" back in the contribution box, because the buyers of the book were not contributing to the Kingdom work, they were actually contributing to our ability to continue pioneering.

4 hours ago, Tonny Blom-Konings said:

Yes, I studied it, right after I studied Lost and regaining Paradise, the orange one. When I read that I realized at once it was the truth about everything......

@Tonny Blom-Konings

Thank you for your support! This Book ? helped so many learn God's Truth! 

Jehovah Bless! 

???????

15 hours ago, biddy2331@gmail.com said:

yes I came into the truth by studying this wonderful book.

Colin

@biddy2331@gmail.com

Colin:

Thank you so much for your support! The progression of the Truth of God's Word was so easy to understand! Are we not grateful for the "light" that keeps getting brighter? 

Jehovah Bless!

???????

I also studied the truth book in 1969 and got babtised in 6 months. I was a 20 year old strong Catholic who had gone to Catholic school all through grade school & high school. I taught Catchism for several years. I had many questions for 8 years that no priest would even try to answer. I was about to give up when my husbands grandparents sent us the truth book along with a number of other ones. As soon as I read the truth book it was as if a light went on in my head. Every thing made perfect sense! All my questions were answered.

13 hours ago, Rosalie Barry said:

I also studied the truth book in 1969 and got babtised in 6 months. I was a 20 year old strong Catholic who had gone to Catholic school all through grade school & high school. I taught Catchism for several years. I had many questions for 8 years that no priest would even try to answer. I was about to give up when my husbands grandparents sent us the truth book along with a number of other ones. As soon as I read the truth book it was as if a light went on in my head. Every thing made perfect sense! All my questions were answered.

@Rosalie Barry

The name of the book ? is The Truth! Jehovah opened so many hearts ♥️ with this wonderful book! I loved studying with others too in this book. Many, many found the Truth quickly!

Thank you for your support!

Jehovah Bless!

?????

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lsebert
    Newest Member
    lsebert

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.