The World News Media

Saying "Peace and Security!" before sudden destruction. (1Th 5:3) What does it mean?

JW Insider

36 minutes ago, AllenSmith said:

As Jesus Stated, Wisdom comes to those that have "complete" faith in him.

How can you have complete faith in Jesus, or God, when you center your faith in the "mountainlike organization"?  Mark 11:22,23; Zech 4:7; Rev 8:8

The understanding of the threat of "'peace and security" is the same understanding as in Jeremiah's day.  I have already commented on it.

• Views 2.6k
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps a technical point, but the Watchtower Officers during WWI were charged and convicted of sedition against the United States of America ... because they were GUILTY of sedition against the Unite

Like Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, when surrounded by enemy Indians, and Kemosabe said "What do we do NOW, Tonto?" Tonto replied "What you mean "We", white man?" Yes, WWI actually ended.

Posted Images

AllenSmith:

Your other questions I have answered... you just didn't LIKE the answers.

As to what is the difference between a passport APPLICATION and a Passport?

Try not signing the passport APPLICATION  and you will not get a PASSPORT.

When you travel internationally, or return to your home country and they ask to see your Passport ....

...just show them your unsigned APPLICATION.

... and make sure you have a toothbrush with you, as I don't think they give you one in Prison.

DIFFERENT SUBJECT:    In Romans 13:1-3, the Scripture you quoted "right" is defined by the governments and the word was used differently than what we usually think of "right" being, today. 

A good example of that is (as always) Adolph Hitler and the Third Reich.

Do you actually think that Jehovah installed and blessed the Hitler Government?

No. He did that himself with bayonets and rifles.

Think about it.

Then, think about what is going on now in Russia.

Oh, and I am NOT a member of the NRA, nor do I contribute money to them, and even if I were, and did, they DO NOT REQUIRE ANY OATH OF ALLEGIANCE or fealty, to them or the USA or the Constitution.

I just admire MANY ... not all .... of the things they stand for and do.

3 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

How can you have "complete" faith in Jesus, or God, when your center of faith is in your understanding of scripture, and NOT that of God's?

In other words, the uninspired Governing Body who admits to erring in direction, who then in two-faced fashion goes on to blame Christ for not promising perfect food; is still your avenue of understanding scripture - and you believe it is from God, the Father of Jesus who didn't promise the GB perfect food.   They can get away with what they do, because you choose to remain blind to it.

I agree with them, they are uninspired, which means they have no Holy Spirit; and by scripture, show they are no longer part of Christ's vine.    1 John 4:13,6; 1 John 2:26,27; John 16:13; 15:4

You may want to see what God's word says, by reading the scriptures.  

Don’t be afraid of the “Controversial” post I made based on scripture. 

Guest J.R. Ewing

While I find this humorous, only the "anointed" are slated as insightful. They will be given that insight in its proper time (God's Time). So, this view is normally misunderstood by its literal translation of its view in human time.

Rom 16:20 he uses the apocalyptic image of the battle with the dragon from the ancient royal ideology (cf. T. Levi 18:12; Rev 12:7, 12; 20:1ff.) and makes the Church a participant in the final cosmic victory over Satan. In 1 Thess 5:3 Paul contrasts the image of the sudden onset of birth pangs to a report of peace that is opposed to the expectation of the imminent end (cf. Ezek 13:10; Isa 66:8).

Then the following:

CJB 1 Thessalonians 5:3 When people are saying, "Everything is so peaceful and secure," then destruction will suddenly come upon them, the way labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and there is no way they will escape. (1 Thess. 5:3 CJB)

Needs to be viewed as a timelapse of events. God's Time. In God's time, it is happening suddenly, think people!!

Then perhaps you'll understand events like Trump winning the election to become the precursor to the antichrist.

Meanwhile,  Let's move on to something else you people can criticise the Watchtower for!!!!

263___yawn-emoji.jpg

On 10/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, AllenSmith said:

By the way! Where is it said in scripture that one has a right to KILL in the name of "fear" of death (Self-preservation), that would be acceptable in God's eyes! Which are your NRA bylaws?

Exodus 20:12-13

The Ten Commandments
12"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. 13"You shall not murder

EXODUS 20:13 'You shall not murder"

Self Defense is NOT murder.

Accidentally killing a pedestrian with your car is NOT murder.

Deciding to not save a drowning person is NOT murder.

Murder is the premeditated killing of an innocent person who poses no threat to you, or those in your charge.

Conversely, you can KILL ... but not MURDER an animal.

Murder involves killing  ... but not all killing is murder.

The Hebrew word for "murder" in Exodus you can look up and discern the real difference, yourself.

If someone is trying to murder YOU .. to kill them first incurs NO BLOOD GUILT WHATSOEVER.

Perhaps LOTS of blood all over the place ........ but no blood guilt before Jehovah God.

Only people with no real life experience, and a child's mind think otherwise.

Oh .... and even in ancient Israel, in warfare where the JEWS STARTED IT ... as now, and everywhere, War is NOT considered murder.

Jehovah instigated a LOT of warfare ... but He does not murder.

Life gets simpler when you adopt Jehovah's standards and definitions, instead of liberal, cowardly Snowflakes that are afraid of everything hard, requires actual thinking, or is  "icky".

Thou Shalt not MURDER, actually   500  ...jpg

Guest J.R. Ewing

I always enjoy a supposed “active witness” on calling God a “killer” of his own creation, when he used “blood shedders” through NO fault of his own. I believe it’s called? Working with what you got!!!! a Blasphemous accusation upon God’s sovereignty!!!! Scandalous!!!!

1 Chronicles 28:2-4

2Then King David rose to his feet and said, "Listen to me, my brethren and my people; I had intended to build a permanent home for the ark of the covenant of the LORD and for the footstool of our God. So I had made preparations to build it. 3"But God said to me, 'You shall not build a house for My name because you are a man of war and have shed blood.' 4"Yet, the LORD, the God of Israel, chose me from all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever.

16 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:
  On 10/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, AllenSmith said:

By the way! Where is it said in scripture that one has a right to KILL in the name of "fear" of death (Self-preservation), that would be acceptable in God's eyes! Which are your NRA bylaws?

Exodus 20:12-13

The Ten Commandments
12"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. 13"You shall not murder

The way you had the Scripture FIRST quoted, AllenSmith, was correct, at Exodus 20:13.

the following is YOUR QUOTE !

............................................................................................................

"The Ten Commandments
12"Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you. 13"You shall not murder" "

.............................................................................................................

You subsequently weaseled out of it by substituting "kill",

when it did not fit your AGENDA.

Allen, Allen Allen.

The words were defined by Jehovah God ... and HE decided that Warfare was not murder ... back in the times of the ancient Israelites.

You need some serious Meds ....  or have a few beers, chill, and do research on this topic

This is from Wikipedia:

Thou shalt not kill (LXX; οὐ φονεύσεις), You shall not murder (Hebrew: לֹא תִּרְצָחlo tirṣaḥ) or You shall not kill (KJV), is a moral imperative included as one of the Ten Commandments in the Torah.[1]

..... Retzach

The Hebrew verb רצח‎ (r-ṣ-ḥ, also transliterated retzach, ratzákh, ratsakh etc.) is the word in the original text that is translated as "murder" or "kill", but it has a wider range of meanings, generally describing destructive activity, including meanings "to break, to dash to pieces" as well as "to slay, kill, murder".

According to the Priestly Code of the Book of Numbers, killing anyone outside the context of war with a weapon, or in unarmed combat, is considered retzach, but if the killing is accidental, the accused must not leave the city, or he will be considered guilty of intentional murder. The Bible never uses the word retzach in conjunction with war.

Think about this AllenSmith ;

Murder is when you deliberately shed INNOCENT blood.

Someone not justified in doing so, trying to kill you is NOT INNOCENT!

It is legitimate self defense if you can manage to not let them kill YOU, and you stop them by killing them first.

.... and there is NO bloodguilt before Jehovah.

Their bloodguilt reverts back to them.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.