Jack Ryan

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

January, 1989 The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand o

If @JW Insider didn't have to keep messing with 607 BCE, they probably wouldn't have to rewrite anything!

...then they must must have spent the last ten years in a coma... [or something to that effect] Of course, this could have slightly more effect if we hadn't been saying almost exactly the same th

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Melinda:

You really, REALLY need to seriously read George Orwell's book "1984" to understand what this conversation is REALLY about.

Oh, for crying out loud, you do not!

1984 is about a world of 3 totalitarian states, each marionettes pulled by sinister people at the top, who permit no deviation from dictated 'realities', and who physically torture anyone who strays, (in some graphic detail) and then kills them even after they readjust.

Only the most paranoid nutcase would apply it to anything having to do with the Christian congregation.

2 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

TTH:

Because you are COMPLETELY clueless as to the lessons that can be learned from the Classic Book "1984" by George Orwell ... as many AGENDA driven people are ... you are doomed to repeat the lessons of history you did not, and cannot discern.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:08 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

Oh for crying out loud...

1984 is about a world of 3 totalitarian states, each marionettes pulled by sinister people at the top, who permit no deviation from dictated 'realities', and who physically torture anyone who strays, (in some graphic detail) and then kills them even after they readjust.

Only the most paranoid nutcase would apply it to anything having to do with the Christian congregation.

TTH:

My guess is that you DID NOT read the book ... that you only saw the movie. 

If you DID read the book, you had no comprehension of what was really going on, or what it was REALLY about, as you have demonstrated about almost every post I have ever made, here.

In the Book, Winston Smith does NOT die.

If he had been killed, the State would NOT have triumphed.  The goal of the State was to reduce him to a totally obedient slave, where even in his innermost thoughts ... he loved BIG BROTHER. 

They were successful in this... THEY WON ... and he lost.

His personality had been SO DESTROYED that even suicide was not an option available to him.

He had been figuratively killed, as his capacity for independent thought  had been COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY erased.

THE BOOK "1984"  WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A WARNING ... NOT A SCRIPT.

Big Brother spent years monitoring Winston Smith, and spent a lot of time and effort to 're-educate him" so he would be an effective tool in rewriting history, as we are dong now by going back and CHANGING Watchtower statements of many years ago, in all electronic versions. 

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT WINSTON SMITH'S JOB WAS WHEN HE WAS WORKING FOR HIS EQUIVALENT OF BETHEL DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY REVISIONISM ....... THE "MINISTRY OF TRUTH".

They could have shot him in 3/8 of a second ... but that would not have been the "loving thing to do".

He had to be publicly CRUSHED and his mind obliterated.

After all, his destruction as an individual  was accomplished by the "MINISTRY OF LOVE".

THE BOOK "1984"  WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A WARNING ... NOT A SCRIPT.

58ae6cb7417eb_!LoveBigBrother.jpg.a74a8ff8321c65faa9e2d935d9b4f9cf.jpg

"1984" was written just after World War II, when with fire, and blood and steel global tyranny at the hand of the Nazis was just barely averted, and at GREAT cost ... yet the Soviet Union was in it's ascendancy, and was actively building a civilization based on the horrors exemplified in the book "1984".

The reason this book is studied, to the best of my knowledge in EVERY good Public High School in the United States, is that we learn to recognize that "Ministrys of TRUTH" are not what they are are labeled, and neither are Ministrys of LOVE".

It is not even unusual that tyranny always adopts the same methods ... it has been so since there were tribal witch doctors running the local "theocracy" ... and it is true now across a BROAD SPECTRUM of human organization and experience.

Hence the expression ... "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing"

14908384_309115022808240_9217331171497164212_n.jpg

8 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My guess is that you DID NOT read the book ... that you only saw the movie. If you DID read the book, you had no comprehension of what was really going on...In the Book, Winston Smith does NOT die.

Okay, there is some revisionist writing on this, probably from guys like you so that they can apply it to anyone else they disagree with.

Is it valid? Here is from https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/12109/what-happened-to-winston-smith-at-the-end-of-george-orwell-s-1984

"This is one of the scariest part of Nineteen Eighty Four, the fact that The Party is so powerful that it will not even let dissent to be felt in the mind of someone they are about to execute. They are not interested in merely obtaining a confession and punishing dissent, they are not simply interested in scaring others from rebellion, they need the dissenter to repent absolutely and to happily go to their death as fitting punishment for their earlier thoughtcrime. This is a world where The Party believes there is no objective truth outside of Party dogma - if you are told that a man can fly, you will make yourself see it and believe it. A rebellious thought even in a man about to be executed is intolerable.

"The Party is even willing to let Winston Smith to live following his torture in Room 101 without needing to work, with more money and living in relative comfort compared to his earlier life until he reaches a state where he truly believes in the Party and loves Big Brother.

"The party needs everyone to live their life and eventually die loving Big Brother, and will not execute Winston until this happens..."

Has anyone executed you lately? Has anyone tortured you in Room 101? Has anyone said you could live on their dime without working? All you do is bellyache about that job-of-a-lifetime you quit long ago and forevermore regretted. And page after page here from long-time Witnesses indicate that, apart from 100-year-old doctrinal points, they disagree with impunity on everything under the sun & and as long as they do not make themselves obnoxious about it, seeking to gather converts, all is fine.

If I join that other fellow who complained about you to @The Librarian, it will not be because you air apostate views (though that does not help). It will be because your remarks betray a mentality so infantile that it is hard to stomach.

My comment stands:

On 10/9/2017 at 10:08 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

The fact is... at the end of the Book "1984", Winston Smith was still alive ....

14 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:
  7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My guess is that you DID NOT read the book ... that you only saw the movie. If you DID read the book, you had no comprehension of what was really going on...In the Book, Winston Smith does NOT die.

And TTH ... just because I have told you everything that you know about me ... does NOT mean you know what I know, and what I have  seen with my own eyes.

I envy you.

27 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

And TTH ... just because I have told you everything that you know about me ... does NOT mean you know what I know, and what I have  seen with my own eyes.

Well, whose fault is that?

And surely that statement can be turned around 180 degrees - with you misunderstanding me.

If you are going to say the most offensive things as casually as you breathe air, you cannot sniff and sob that 'nobody understands me' when you are called on it.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.