Jack Ryan

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

January, 1989 The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand o

If @JW Insider didn't have to keep messing with 607 BCE, they probably wouldn't have to rewrite anything!

...then they must must have spent the last ten years in a coma... [or something to that effect] Of course, this could have slightly more effect if we hadn't been saying almost exactly the same th

Posted Images

We have been married a little over three years, now, and are both compulsive readers, and have a LOT of house and yard projects, so we are never bored, and we are taking classes to adopt some teenagers ... but I encourage people to think I am losing my mind, as instead of "Lock him up!", they say "Oh, pshaw! ... he's just LIKE THAT! "

The references we needed for the adoption process paperwork thought we had BOTH lost our minds.

It takes 25 Man-YEARS of witnessing to bring someone into the TRUTH who will stay his whole life ... it's quicker to "have kids", and raise them properly.

MUCH quicker.

hehehehe

28 minutes ago, tromboneck said:

WE are both retired and losing our minds. Other than that we are doing OK.

Take up skydiving ... when you get older it's more fun.

The worst that can happen is you miss 10 years in a wheelchair, drooling, and waiting for a nurse to lift one side up to pass gas.

If I had the money, I would take it up again. ( insert "wailing and lamentation " here ....), and of course ... buy a Helicopter.

I think ex-President George Bush (41) made a tandem jump at age 90.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest J.R. Ewing

1989 Watchtower

The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" [as originally published in the Watchtower magazine]).

Rewritten

"The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our day." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand of Jehovah Was With Them" [as it appears in Watchtower bound volumes & CD-ROMs])

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is an old apostate driven question. Obviously, “JW” not to be confused for” JWinsider” has brought this question back from the dead.

However, Jay Witness “failed” with the description on why the correction was made. Subsequently, the bound volume and the CD-ROM’s version were corrected to reflect what the “entire” WORLD was aware of, about the Y2K problem. If people like Bill Gates had foreseen the problem with only having a 2-digit year embedded in our software, instead of a 4-digit year, the Publishing Department might have caught the fact that, on the year 2000, the 20th century in PRINT, would have reverted back to 1900 hundred (19th century), thus nullifying the 20th century presentation, completely, therefore, a need to become in “our day”, just in case the Y2K would have become disastrous for print. Unless the Watchtower still uses "typesetting" for print, instead of digital (computerized)?

It’s sad that ex-bethelite’s that know this, don’t speak of it. Now to many ex-witnesses, they continue to see this as a failed prophecy for the year 2000. A conjured attempt to put “words” in the Watchtowers mouth about supposedly predicting Armageddon in 2000, just as the “error” opposers use for 1914 with Pastor Russell. Once again, only to those that have impatient hearts fail to see, it doesn’t matter when God’s day comes, what matters is how well prepared you have gotten your soul ready for judgment day when it does, finally come. Conspiracy theorist got to love them!!! B|

7 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

If people like Bill Gates had foreseen the problem with only having a 2-digit year embedded in our software, instead of a 4-digit year, the Publishing Department might have caught the fact that, on the year 2000, the 20th century in PRINT, would have reverted back to 1900 hundred (19th century), thus nullifying the 20th century presentation, completely, therefore, a need to become in “our day”, just in case the Y2K would have become disastrous for print.

It works for me. I like it.

Or one could just say 'they changed that.' They have never said they don't. Everyone knows Jehovah's Witnesses have thought Armageddon is just around the corner for a long while. It is. It simply turns out that it is one heckuva corner. But there is no question that this human experiment with self-rule will not turn out well. 

However, Jay Witness “failed” with the description on why the correction was made. Subsequently, the bound volume and the CD-ROMÂ’s version were corrected to reflect what the “entire” WORLD was aware of, about the Y2K problem. If people like Bill Gates had foreseen the problem with only having a 2-digit year embedded in our software, instead of a 4-digit year, the Publishing Department might have caught the fact that, on the year 2000, the 20th century in PRINT, would have reverted back to 1900 hundred (19th century), thus nullifying the 20th century presentation, completely, therefore, a need to become in “our day”, just in case the Y2K would have become disastrous for print. Unless the Watchtower still uses "typesetting" for print, instead of digital (computerized)?

That's even worse! You think that the real reason the correction was made was because they understood the potential that a software glitch would have made us revert back to the end of the 19th century, doomed to repeat the last 100 years like a "Groundhog Day" for centuries instead of days. All I can say is what you said . . .

Conspiracy theorist got to love them!!! B|

1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

You think that the real reason the correction was made was because they understood the potential that a software glitch would have made us revert back to the end of the 19th century, doomed to repeat the last 100 years like a "Groundhog Day" for centuries instead of days. All I can say is what you said . . .

8 hours ago, J.R. Ewing said:

Conspiracy theorist got to love them!!! B|

It is not a conspiracy theory. Just look what happened to me:

Tom Irregardless (3).jpg

Stuck in an evil time warp. At last I understand.

Guest J.R. Ewing

Possibly? But only to pretenders of the truth. To normal people, this problem was always known, even with, the coding of “Cobol” and “Fortran”. A computer science engineer with a degree can tell you, that by 1974 the problem started to weigh in on people’s mind. So, not only did 1975 mark the 6 thousand years of man’s existence, but that year also changed the dynamics of the USA from an industrial age to an electronic age, thus accelerating the world's composition. Which became a possibility or probability scenario? 

But it wasn’t until the United States spent about 300 billion dollars to correct the problem in the 90’s, the world took it seriously. If it hadn’t worked, all the reprints, for example, 2017 CD-ROM would have been 1917 CD-ROM and typing 20th century would have come out as 00th century. Those of us that tested this scenario found it interesting.

Guest J.R. Ewing

Yes, I understand your confusion. But I stated a person with a degree in computer science not waste management.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.