The World News Media

1989 Watchtower

Jack Ryan

43 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

. I'll share it for free: Read.

(that'll be $5.99, please) :)

Not paying you. My mum already gave me that advice. And she and you are right, reading quality books and classic literature educates you and broadens your mind like nothing else, not disregarding our Bible based publications which fill in the gaps that secular authors fail to fill. In saying that, college education does help train the mind to think analytically as well, which is useful.

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

January, 1989 The apostle Paul was spearheading the Christian missionary activity. He was also laying a foundation for a work that would be completed in our 20th century." (w89 1/1 12 "The Hand o

If @JW Insider didn't have to keep messing with 607 BCE, they probably wouldn't have to rewrite anything!

...then they must must have spent the last ten years in a coma... [or something to that effect] Of course, this could have slightly more effect if we hadn't been saying almost exactly the same th

Posted Images

Guest J.R. Ewing

GF

That’s good, you kept your company systems, failsafe. However, did you actually run a systemÂ’s failure test without the Y2K fix to receive statisticÂ’s (DATA) from such a test? Now I understand your friendÂ’s stance with data on file. If 20 Century was already written, how could that revert to 00 Century? He knows what IÂ’m referring to, with his, degree. Computer 101.

The problem was not with the data already there, it was with the “access” to that data. without the Y2K fix. Aside from system failure, you would also have to deal with FILE CORRUPTION due to the system not being able to correctly read the date and timestamp embedded in the file.

Therefore, The Watchtower storage data could have seen many results from that event.

1.        Can’t open file

2.       File error

3.       Syntax error

4.       void record sample (int data) {

// Open the file

Sensor data = SD.open(SENSOR_DATA, FILE_WRITE);

if (!sensor data) {

Serial.println("ERROR: Cannot open file. Data not saved!");

return;

Even if the system allowed access to the input data. Take for instance “invoices” those invoices (date) would come out as 1900. The 19 is static, while the last 2 digits were adjustable. So, this theory by JWI of 1317 CD-ROM is irrelevant.

if JWI can reset the RTC back to 1899, I will be impressed. I will also call every institution that ever-taught Claude Shannon binary code development in schools. He started the RTC at 19. The developing year started in 1948.

Now, if a file denies you access, without the ability to recover? What do people normally do? They reinput the data. Without the fix, that reinputted data would have a date stamp of 1900. But if you used software other than a word processor, such as a “spreadsheet”? that inputted data would give you 00 for the year.

My computer genius remark was directed to your friend JWI. I didn’t claim it was you. You brought that speculation upon yourself. JWI directed his “criticism” to me and I responded. I included your like vote, since you agreed with JWI anecdote, possibly without him, having tested a computer from that time to know what kind of results the Y2K would have had for the Watchtower, NOT other companies.

Example one: printing output corruption

junlcharactersinworddocument_opt.jpg

Example two: onscreen file corruption

junk_terminal_opt.jpg

Therefore, suggesting a printing error or any other kind of “error” by the Watchtower would be sheer speculation unless you actually know why the society made the change.

So, praising for an error that is inconclusive, would be what?

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9 NKJ)

Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! (Matthew 7:9-11 NKJ)

... and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation -- as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, since you know this beforehand, beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. (II Peter 3:15-18 NKJ)

Take a 286/386 with an SX or DX processor with an embedded RTC without a bug fix to find what kind of results that, yields. Just donÂ’t use VM to make the test. Modern software already compensates for that software glitch. Contrary to popular belief, the Watchtower is NOT rich, like the VATICAN to upgrade their systems every year. ThatÂ’s why they developed the (KSS) department. To sell old equipment to recycle the funds.

MM

In this system, anything is possible that is directly connected to scripture. Even though the Watchtower doesn’t openly use “bible prophecy” with its direction? Because of impatient people, attempt to make or say something the Watchtower didn’t. As in the case with this apostate approach of the Watchtower 1989. The prevailing opinion is, the Watchtower made the change to reflect that somehow, Armageddon would fall, at the stroke of midnight, the year 2000. However, the Watchtower still runs every aspect as instructed by our heavenly father. I believe the above 2 Peter 3:15-18 can attest to that.

Unfortunately, those of you that don’t get “generation” or “time prophecy” and it's beyond your comprehension? It’s because of the lack of faith. Now, who’s “error” is that?

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Prov. 3:5-6

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever! Ps. 111:10

If you did understand, then you would see the 7 years of bliss the USA will have before it all goes to ruin, and is part of that, grand design.

Guest J.R. Ewing

Now! Now! Let’s not cut in front of the line, and get ahead of ourselves. God’s instruction for our understanding is through faith. What good did it do the Israelites, to personally see God’s hand at work, and still denied his existence, like Peter did with Jesus (Luke 22:54-62). Wisdom comes to those that have complete faith, and therefore, will come to understand all the mysteries.

The Elite do know, however, God’s instruction is, to reveal it in due time. The Governing Body is commissioned by GOD, others here aren’t. That’s your choice!!!

In my case, I’m grateful to see Noah’s symbolic ark door closing. Unfortunately, I won’t be around to see God’s Judgment Day. I just hope I am able to show Jah! That even in sleep, I made every possible attempt to “obey” and “submit” myself by faith to God’s ultimate decision for humanity. And this was done willingly as Christ instructed our hearts to be. Generation “X” was marked as the apostate generation. I’m sure you know why, with the comments here.

So, in (our day), “this generation” has a profound meaning. Only by “faith” can you set your path. Dead or Alive, we will all be judged “irregardless”.

23 minutes ago, J.R. Ewing said:

Unfortunately, I won’t be around to see God’s Judgment Day.

Why is that?

24 minutes ago, J.R. Ewing said:

I just hope I am able to show Jah! That even in sleep, I made every possible attempt to “obey” and “submit” myself by faith to God’s ultimate decision for humanity

This makes it sound as though you are writing from the grave.

25 minutes ago, J.R. Ewing said:

Generation “X” was marked as the apostate generation.

Maybe. But they have plenty of fine guidance from older ones.

27 minutes ago, J.R. Ewing said:

“irregardless”.

Irregardless, indeed. What a long strange trip its been.

10 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Why is that?

Thats what I was wondering....but you asked

10 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Irregardless, indeed. What a long strange trip its been.

:D I find this advice from Ms. Webster:  "......There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.  So irregardless what you say, Tom Irregardless, I am not going to use it regardless how strange a trip

Guest J.R. Ewing

Of course, The Governing Body has done everything that's been asked of them by God. If they made up the entire organization, we would not be having this discussionB|!

3 minutes ago, Anna said:

So irregardless what you say, Tom Irregardless

There actually was a Tom Irregardless and I fought for years with him not to say it. I thought my prayer had been answered when an older brother who also used to say it recalled how he had been approached by another who had asked him to look it up in the dictionary. "I never found it," he said - and he never used it again.

My heart soared when I heard this. I approached Tom and asked him to look up the word in the dictionary. But times had changed. He found it. True, it was labeled "irregular" but that was a distinction far too subtle for Tom Irregardless. As though he were Trump himself, he doubled down on it!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.