The World News Media

JW Broadcasting: Russian Convention Travel Report w/Mark Sanderson

Jack Ryan

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/LatestVideos/pub-jwb_201709_12_VIDEO

Mark Sanderson tells us that when the appeal at the Supreme Court was negative that they had to leave Russia immediately... but they had no tickets. He tells the committee members to just drive to the airport and on the way he's in contact with the travel desk at Watchtower. Well, whattayaknow... the travel desk managed to get 18 tickets for all of them to leave on the same plane. Praise Jehovah!.

• Views 1.5k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mark even says "we felt as if we'd been picked up be Jehovah and safely carried out of Russia." ?? So he gets you out of Russia but he couldnt make a supreme court judge overturn the ban of your

My guess is that they all had return tickets, but not for leaving immediately after a negative outcome. I think they couldn't know in advance how long the case would take. In the international co

Come on, he just felt as if. We all, including him, know it has nothing to do with actual facts, only the warm and fuzzy feeling of relief you get when you have got away from something safely.

He said that the Watchtower legal department told them they would have to leave straight away if the outcome was negative. 

He said that they did not have return tickets. If true, it is highly likely that they were breaking the law. Many countries will not approve a temp visa if there is no return ticket booked. Looking at Russia's requirements, this is the case and the visa must be obtained before entry into Russia and details of the return travel need to be included on the application form.

18 last minute first class or business class plane tickets from Russia to the United States cost a FORTUNE! Was the plane chartered?

Airlines will generally not let you on an aircraft if the foreign country requires as part of their Visa, a return ticket, especially on a business Visa.

28 minutes ago, Jay Witness said:

If true, it is highly likely that they were breaking the law.

Which is more probable ... he lied to us, or the entire group of 12 or so  highly experienced  Lawyers and experienced world travelers risked a Russian Prison camp?

10 hours ago, Jay Witness said:

He said that the Watchtower legal department told them they would have to leave straight away if the outcome was negative.

My guess is that they all had return tickets, but not for leaving immediately after a negative outcome. I think they couldn't know in advance how long the case would take.

In the international company I worked for up until I retired about 5 years ago it would be against the fiduciary responsibilities toward the shareholders to have 18 lawyers and officers of the company on the same airplane. Seriously!! 

7 hours ago, Jay Witness said:

Mark Sanderson tells us that when the appeal at the Supreme Court was negative that they had to leave Russia immediately... but they had no tickets. He tells the committee members to just drive to the airport and on the way he's in contact with the travel desk at Watchtower.

The one thing that comes through loud and clear is that he was there, at some personal risk. I wonder how many eager to condemn him and his would risk putting their own rear ends in the line of fire.

Of course Jehovah could get the Supreme Court to do what he wanted by allowing the Witnesses freedom to worship but this is all for a purpose which we will see soon I am sure. Jehovah is allowing things to come to a head on purpose just like what happened in Egypt with the Israelites. Jehovah had Moses lead the people to the Red Sea. It looked like they were trapped but it was all part of Jehovah’s plan just like it is now. We must never mock Jehovah by saying things like He can’t help the Russian Wittness with their legal battles. He can and He will in His own time and way!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.