Witness

• Views 7.2k
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Nourishing Spiritual Food”?  I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I havenÂ’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of h

The idea that 1975 would witness the end of the world was first introduced in 1966. IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU CAN TAKE THE WORDS "6,000 YEARS OF MANS EXISTENCE WILL END" AND MAKING IT END IN

Did the vast majority of JWs come to the conclusion that 1975 was the date of Armageddon – on their own?  How did these people come to the realization of the world ending, unless they were convi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Anna said:

I think he/she means that they didn't check the source of the video, but did listen to it. It is guite believable that the recordings are genuine, however the narrative interjection is obviously from an apostate.

Thank you, Anna.  I really couldn’t belief he thought I didn’t watch the video, thus I didn’t respond regarding it.

You say, “obviously, from an apostate”.  You must mean, according to Watchtower’s definition, no? Not according to scripture?   Doesn’t this mean that within the organization itself, there are many hidden apostates who refused to accept 1975?  In fact, if they reject any doctrine, such as “overlapping generation”, wouldn’t they also be apostates? 

If anyone leads another through false predictions and teachings, they themselves are apostates; and for those who gulp these teachings down, they become apostates also, according to scripture. (Gal 1:8,9; 2 Tim 4:3-5) Where does that leave the entire membership of the organization, but as a confusing plethora of apostates?     Ezek 2:6; Jer 51:7;Rev 2:20,21

By such definitions, no one should be speaking to each other in the organization, but it is those who stand up for truth in Christ and speak it, that are labeled and “killed” as an apostate. Mark 13:13; John 16:2; Matt 25:6; Heb 13:13; Rev 11:3,7-10; Luke 17:33,37

apostate-watchtower-letter-1980.jpg

3 hours ago, Witness said:

You say, “obviously, from an apostate”.

By that I meant that the person who put this video together, and commented halfway through it, obviously has an agenda. Witnesses who did not accept 1975 at the time most likely did not have an agenda. They just went by what the scripture says, just as was shown in the 2017 convention video....

When I say I do not believe in the overlapping generation I have no agenda or desire to make others accept my view.

And that excerpt from a letter to the BOE (I think) is rather unfortunately understood since no one can control your thoughts, so that particular excerpt is talking about someone who has abandoned the teachings and taken up another belief. The letter mentions "extended" effort to readjust thinking,  which indicates this is more than just mere speculative thoughts which would normally have no real bearing on a Christian's life, I mean someone not believing the overlapping generation is hardly a cause for concern especially if it does not have an impact on anything else that the person does. But the person who is being counseled in that letter evidently has a major problem with most of the beliefs which impacts more than just his thoughts. So this is talking about a case where a JW joins or adopts the beliefs of another religion. He may not be promoting it, but he is clearly "standing away" and "abandoning" his former belief.

6 hours ago, Witness said:

All that you are pointing out were quotes from the organization.  But you know that, right?  Matthew's words are:

IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU CAN TAKE THE WORDS "6,000 YEARS OF MANS EXISTENCE WILL END" AND MAKING IT END IN 1975 AND CONCLUDE THAT IT REALLY DIDN'T SAY THAT AT ALL.

Yes, because if the organization did "say that at all," they would have done it through "quotes from the organization," - and I think even he acknowledged the quotes disprove the allegation.

@Matthew9969 has stumbled across something that is misrepresented and exaggerated, but at root, it is based upon something that did happen. A lot of people did get pumped up back then. @Anna's dad even sold his skis, practically guaranteeing that he would put on weight, and it is all the GB's fault! Please, Witness - 42 years is a long time to be bitter. It is a long time to still say to our resident fisherman:

6 hours ago, Witness said:

I truly pray you get off before its too late.

You're joking! This is something you pray about?

27 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Please, Witness - 42 years is a long time to be bitter. It is a long time to still say to our resident fisherman:

It’s not about being bitter, Tom.  It’s about our tolerance to lies – rotten fruit/spiritual food -  and our avoidance of truth. Luke 6:43-45; 2 Thess 2:9-12

God has never condoned deception and lies, and 42 years is nothing to the Father.

And yes, I do pray for JWs to wake up and get out.  Rev 18:4-8 

@Anna, thank you for your explanation.

It is very sobering to think that JWs can speak vocally against the trinity, but not speak just as vocally against the failed doctrine of their own leaders.  If a JW sees the grave error of those leading them, and says nothing, what sets them apart from Christendom?   Rev 13:16,17

21 minutes ago, Witness said:

It is very sobering to think that JWs can speak vocally against the trinity, but not speak just as vocally against the failed doctrine of their own leaders.  If a JW sees the grave error of those leading them, and says nothing, what sets them apart from Christendom?   Rev 13:16,17

One thing is vocally defending the true nature of God, where Christendom has created a mystery pretzel which alienates people from having a relationship with him, and instead worship and pray to his son, and another is criticizing something which has been interpreted in all honesty and as an encouragement to those who are awaiting God's promises for the earth.

10 minutes ago, Nana Fofana said:

Do you know how many years it has been since Adam's creation , according to the Bible?

Do you dispute that 1975 was the 6000th year since Adam's creation according to the Bible?  

If so, what about it do you dispute?

My first two posts cover it.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.