The World News Media

Witness

38 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

but the 15% Core Truths

Hi James. But you know how the illustration from WT magazine said - "Would you drink a water from a glass where most of  water is clear, healthy water but only one drop of poisson??

And you made another ratio - 15% clear healthy water and 85% of questionable substance :)  

• Views 7.1k
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Nourishing Spiritual Food”?  I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I havenÂ’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of h

The idea that 1975 would witness the end of the world was first introduced in 1966. IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU CAN TAKE THE WORDS "6,000 YEARS OF MANS EXISTENCE WILL END" AND MAKING IT END IN

Did the vast majority of JWs come to the conclusion that 1975 was the date of Armageddon – on their own?  How did these people come to the realization of the world ending, unless they were convi

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

Hi James. But you know how the illustration from WT magazine said - "Would you drink a water from a glass where most of  water is clear, healthy water but only one drop of poisson??

And you made another ratio - 15% clear healthy water and 85% of questionable substance :)  

I am 71 years old, above average intelligence, and have been paying attention for over 50 years ... I know the difference ... and can filter the good from the bad from the ugly.

Not everybody has these advantages, and these I cry for .... they are being chased away and persecuted from within.

I analyze the questionable substance. isolate it, and TRY to avoid it.

Sir Isaac Newton, arguably the smartest natural human that ever lived .... believed as Jehovah's Witnesses do about the 15% Core Truth, based on reason and logic and common sense, and the Bible alone.

Even he got sidetracked with Alchemy, and politics.

Dear Srecko, if you read and understand half of what I wrote, you will understand that there is no need for me to answer a single word.
The scriptures are all and anyone who, if he wishes, can meditate on these scriptures.
The people of God are one and only one who brings the name of Jehovah and preaches "the good news of the Kingdom" throughout the earth.
I only know one.
Talking to who's angry or wanting to have the last word is not useful to me.
Everyone should make their own evaluations - John 17:17

3 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:
18 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Proverbs 11:9 states:"By his mouth the apostate brings his neighbor to ruin"

only NWT say "apostate"

other translations have not such word!! they use; hypocrite, godless, feigner

be careful about NWT translators :) this is just one example of change

You know, some might feel that this gives the NWT an edge, particularly when one uses other translations for comparative study. Koelher and Baumgartner link apostasy with the word used here.

I think the word "apostate" fits quite well with the activity described in the proverb in following the example of the arch-apostate. I mean apostates are godless, hypocritical feigners, particularly those who want to impart their ideas to others as "enlightenment" wouldn't you say?

Actually, I rather like the reference in Mclintock and Strong regarding this one: "soiled (i.e. with sin), impious:-hypocrite"

Now, would that be ordinary or extra-ordinary sin?

52 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

Actually, I rather like the reference in Mclintock and Strong regarding this one: "soiled (i.e. with sin), impious:-hypocrite"

Now, would that be ordinary or extra-ordinary sin?

That would be the sin of an adulterous harlot, the true apostates, which the early Jewish leaders were in Christ’s day, and the spiritual “Jewish” leaders are, in the organization today.    Matt 12:34; Matt 23:34,35,37; 1 Cor 6:15,16; Rev 13:11,13-17; 17:5,6 

@Israeli Bar Avaddhon

Sir, I have put your quotes in green:

My question is: to go where?

Sir, we go to the one who has the sayings of eternal life, which Srecko highlighted with scripture.   It is the Son of God. It isn’t the Watchtower, since the leaders admit to not being inspired and haven’t been since the beginning.  Rev 2:2,9; Rev 3:8-13

Can you see that the disciples followed only Jesus?

“But Simon Peter answered Him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.  Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”  John 6:68,69

Should we go to religions who have taught abominations like the hell of fire, the trinity, the mother of God, innate immortality of the human soul, predestination, limbo, purgatory, and so on?

“Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.” 1 John 2:15,16  That includes the Watchtower. 

Any Watchtower errors do not make false religion a little bit more truth.

Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

“Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this (literal) mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.”

“But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.  God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.  John 4:10,21,23,24

I would be very careful before saying "leave this religion".

“And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.  For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.  Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her.  In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’  Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.”

This cannot refer to Christendom, because as you say, God’s people are being disciplined.  This refers to the Watchtower, where God’s anointed ones are “camped”.  Rev 20:9

“Flee from the midst of Babylon,
And every one save his life!
Do not be cut off in her iniquity,
For this is the time of the Lord’s vengeance;
He shall recompense her.
 Babylon was a golden cup in the Lord’s hand,
That made all the earth drunk.
The nations drank her wine;
Therefore the nations are deranged.”

The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,  and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” Yet, the Watchtower promotes itself as Zion.

Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?”

Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

38 Pilate said to Him, “What is truth?” John 18:36-38a

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  John 14:6

Is Jesus making an exception to this rule for an organization fabricated through the use of worldly tools and situated in, Satan’s world?  Think about it.  God and Christ are pure, while the organization is filthy rich, and run as other corporate entities are, in Satan’s world.  Why would Jesus use Satan’s resources, who literally wants to kill off all Christ’s anointed brothers (Gen 3:15) and condone anything in this system?  The Watchtower consistently teaches you to be ‘no part of the word’ yet they are so mired down in its dung, JWs see only the icing on the; well,....  It is blasphemy for an organization so full of false prophesy, false security, sin against victims of child abuse,, lawsuits,  and disfellowshipped individuals who desire to follow the truth in Christ – to call itself “the truth” and “Zion”.   

It is the delusion of 2 Thess 2:9-12 and the ‘spirit-breathed’ Beast of Revelation.  (spirit-directed organization)

“Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.”  Rev 13:1

Read further and see how this Beast comes against God’s Temple/anointed ones; (1 Cor 3:16,17) accompanied by a false prophet who authorizes the “trampling”.  Matt 24:15; Rev 11:1-3

During the discipline of Jehovah many "fake brothers" will no longer exist. Probably there will not be anyone who has idolized men above the Word of God.  We can not know how many will be, how many will remain.

The faithful to God and Christ are found “outside the camp”, despised as “garbage”, persecuted by their own brethren for following the one Master, Jesus Christ. Matt 6:24; John 15:6; Heb 13:12-15; 1 Cor 4:13; Matt 5:11; 24:48-51

“Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees,
Who write misfortune,
Which they have prescribed
To rob the needy of justice,
And to take what is right from the poor of My people,
That widows may be their prey,
And that they may rob the fatherless.
What will you do in the day of punishment,
And in the desolation which will come from afar?
To whom will you flee for help?
And where will you leave your glory?
Without Me they shall bow down among the prisoners,
And they shall fall among the slain.”

For all this His anger is not turned away,
But His hand is stretched out still.

Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Lord has performed all His work on Mount Zion and on Jerusalem, that He will say, “I will punish the fruit of the arrogant heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his haughty looks.” 

Then the rest of the trees of his forest
Will be so few in number
That a child may write them.”  Isa 10:1-4, 12, 19

A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire Therefore by their fruits you will know them.  Matt 7:18,20

Please, do not perceive the large print as “yelling”, but to help connect the importance of Christ’s words – although it is a trumpet call to leave the crumbling wall of lies behind. Rev 11:2,3   Ezek chapter 13 is having its second fulfillment. 

On 11/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, Matthew9969 said:

To be fair, the watchtower isn't the only religion to claim they are a prophet and give one if not a few dates of the end of the world:

Years ago I discovered in my research that almost all the days are taken, and therein lies the key for spotting the end of the world.

http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com/2011/05/how-to-predict-the-end-of-the-world.html

7 hours ago, tromboneck said:

And both of you are quite modest!

:)))) ohhh we just shared private informations between two of us :) ehhehe and accidently entertained, amused the viewers of this topic. But thanks  for reaction. It is possible to look on us in the way as you quote.

Maybe in some other circumstances (knowing  me in person) you would be came to conclusion that i am quite normal :) modest.   

On 11/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

For these reasons, and for other reasons too, Jehovah's discipline will come to you - Joel 1: 5, 6  The discipline will surely be hard and for many brothers it will be a surprise. However the people leading and sanctifying the name of God (Jehovah), who preached in all the inhabited earth and speaks of the Kingdom of God bears witness to Jesus, what will be the people who will be saved at Armageddon.

Since they have greatly facilitated the preaching work into all the inhabited earth, perhaps God will go easier on them than you think.

Plus, by reading and meditating on the Word daily, and reflecting upon how things turn out, there is no reason to think they do not allow their Bible study to adequately discipline themselves. All of us need discipline, and we all mostly get it through this means. 

I think that you are at your best when you use your talents to focus upon your first remarks. Especially since you would never have discovered these things without their efforts and that of their forerunners.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:31 AM, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

My question is: to go where?

Should we go to religions who have taught abominations like the hell of fire, the trinity, the mother of God, innate immortality of the human soul, predestination, limbo, purgatory, and so on?

We should associate with those religions that have erased the Name of God from the Bible and their adoration by stupid controversy "do we know the exact pronunciation"?

Should we associate with those religions that have massacred millions of innocent people in wars of religion, crusades, inquisitions, witch-robbers? Those who have invented and used the most ingenious torture machines that history has known?

Or should we be "atheists" as if the mistakes of a religion fall on God?