Witness

• Views 7.2k
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Nourishing Spiritual Food”?  I cannot advocate the website listed at the end of this short video, as I havenÂ’t gone there.  Also I do not see verification that the money from the sale of h

The idea that 1975 would witness the end of the world was first introduced in 1966. IT'S AMAZING HOW YOU CAN TAKE THE WORDS "6,000 YEARS OF MANS EXISTENCE WILL END" AND MAKING IT END IN

Did the vast majority of JWs come to the conclusion that 1975 was the date of Armageddon – on their own?  How did these people come to the realization of the world ending, unless they were convi

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DefenderOTT said:

Many others found out after reading the 1976 Watchtower, that some brethren had speculated after they were TOLD NOT TO...

Was Fred Franz, the vice president of the Society during that time period, one who was told NOT TO SPECULATE? And by who?   Or, could it have been the leaders who reviewed and gave a subsequent thumbs up to the 10/8/1968 Awake plus many other articles that apparently only misled .1% of the JW population at the time?  

That says something about the lack of interest in the magazines...or public announcements. 

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?
IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"
These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?
... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses.
... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record. Thus this group of anointed followers of Jesus Christ, doing a work in Christendom paralleling Ezekiel's work among the Jews, were manifestly the modern-day Ezekiel, the "prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom." Watchtower 1972 Apr 1 pp.197-199 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them'

Watchtower March 2016 p26-28

"New World Translation in its “Glossary of Bible Terms” gives this definition of a prophet: “One through whom divine purposes are made known. Prophets acted as spokesmen for God, conveying not only predictions but also Jehovah’s teachings, commands, and judgments.” Though you are not uttering predictions, you speak for God, proclaiming what is found in the Word of God.—Matt. 24:14.......................
Although we are not prophets in the absolute sense, by imitating the self-sacrificing spirit of such prophets as Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and Hosea, we too can successfully accomplish Jehovah’s will for us today! "

On 11/12/2017 at 8:13 AM, Israeli Bar Avaddhon said:

The problem I have highlighted is that some have become idolaters, if you can not question an understanding, even if you do it with the scriptures, it means that you consider certain people above the Word of God.

Dear Israeli,

If one questions the boss in a workplace, what are the possibilities of not being fired? So, how many people in authority has anyone questioned? Keep in mind scripture also states to *respect* your elders. Hebrew 13:17, 1 Timothy 5:1-2, Proverbs 19:20, etc...

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

"prophet" commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news of God's Messianic kingdom and to give warning to Christendom.

Isn't this what is being referred to as being a prophet in our time? Not someone who comes up with something new to predict. Duh!

Plus, prophet is in quotation marks. I think you know what that means.

On 11/14/2017 at 10:54 AM, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

That is why I still choose Jehovah's Witnesses as the best bet humanity has .... because I personally know the difference. 

I do cry for those who do not .... but the problem is bigger than my ability to help.

I raised three children who are all strong in the Truth, and it is in my opinion due to two things:

1.) The Core Truths are so valuable that they are worth putting up with all the human crap that goes along with it, and

2.) I taught them what was real and what was not, and to not expect much from "clergy", no matter how disguised.

My wife and I are in the process of adopting orphan children ... and it is our intent to have them learn theology from Jehovah's Witnesses ... at the Kingdom Hall .... because even with 85% drivel and self aggrandizement, and wasted potential ...

...it's still the ONLY GAME IN TOWN.

Wisdom comes in knowing the difference.

jjnOYoYLrMyBpU0hUOcEsmDKHKKc1FcpGKyQwt1i

On 12/4/2017 at 6:00 AM, Gone Fishing said:

Watchtower March 2016 p26-28

"New World Translation in its “Glossary of Bible Terms” gives this definition of a prophet: “One through whom divine purposes are made known. Prophets acted as spokesmen for God, conveying not only predictions but also Jehovah’s teachings, commands, and judgments.” 

1924 "The year 1925 is a date definitely and clearly marked in Scriptures, even more clearly than that of 1914. (Watchtower 1924, p. 211)

1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end" to the world, even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that He was using and guiding them.'' (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968)

1971 -  "Shortly, within our twentieth century, the "battle in the day of Jehovah" will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem, Christendom." (The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah; 1971; 2nd ed.; p. 216)

“The true prophet never foretold simply to satisfy human curiosity. Every prediction related to God’s will, purpose, standards, or judgment. (1Ki 11:29-39; Isa 7:3-9) Often the future events foretold were the consequence of existing conditions; as the people sowed, so they would reap. The false prophets lulled the people and their leaders with soothing assurances that, despite their unrighteous course, God was still with them to protect and prosper them. (Jer 23:16-20; 28:1-14; Eze 13:1-16; compare Lu 6:26.) it-2 pp. 694-698

“When faced with far-reaching decisions, we do not trust in our own wisdom but look to Jehovah and his organization for guidance.  

And just as a child seeks his parents’ protection when a storm rages, we seek protection in Jehovah’s organization when, like a thunderstorm, the problems of this world strike us.”  Wt 11/4/15 pp. 3-5

It-2 continued:  But the true prophet was not solely or even primarily a prognosticator, as has been shown. Rather, he was an advocate of righteousness, and his message dealt primarily with moral standards and their application. He expressed God’s mind on matters. (Isa 1:10-20; Mic 6:1-12) Hence, it was not necessary to wait perhaps for years or generations to determine whether the prophet was true or false by fulfillment of a prediction. If his message contradicted God’s revealed will and standards, he was false. Thus, a prophet who foretold peace for Israel or Judah, at a time when the people were engaging in disobedience to God’s Word and Law, of necessity was false.

“Jehovah’s people enjoy a special environment of peace in the earthly part of his organization.”  Wt 15/7/15 

“For when they say, ‘Peace and safety!’ then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.”  1 Thess 5:3

“See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.”  Col 2:8

“But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, is to be put to death.”  Deut 18:20 

On 12/4/2017 at 6:00 AM, Gone Fishing said:

Though you are not uttering predictions, you speak for God, proclaiming what is found in the Word of God.—Matt. 24:14.......................
Although we are not prophets in the absolute sense, by imitating the self-sacrificing spirit of such prophets as Ezekiel, Jeremiah, and Hosea, we too can successfully accomplish Jehovah’s will for us today! "

“‘Because they lead my people astray, saying, “Peace,” when there is no peace, and because, when a flimsy wall is built, they cover it with whitewash,  therefore tell those who cover it with whitewash that it is going to fall. Rain will come in torrents, and I will send hailstones hurtling down, and violent winds will burst forth.  When the wall collapses, will people not ask you, “Where is the whitewash you covered it with?”  Ezek 13:10-12

1 hour ago, Nana Fofana said:

flimsy partition

Iron [steel]  and miry [limey] clay

Which is the iron and which is the clay?  Scripture, or Watchtower quotes?  Shouldn't all doctrine be supported by scripture?

If you trust the men who support Watchtower history, you certainly will not perceive what the following scripture is telling us.  If you trust God's Word and his clear-cut definition outlined in Deut 18:20 concerning false prophesy, and compare it to Wt's history,  you may then comprehend what this scripture is revealing.  I certainly hope so.

"Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you,  not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.  (1914)  Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,  who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God."   

"In 1914—certainly a long time after 33 C.E.—Christ Jesus began his royal presence."  Wt 04/3/1

1914 is a Wt lie, along with all their failed prophesies.  The "son of perdition", the man of lawlessness is the elder body who rules over/sits in God's Temple.  That Temple consists of the anointed ones; and it has been defiled.   1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17  

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 9:40 AM, TrueTomHarley said:
On 11/10/2017 at 8:47 AM, Matthew9969 said:

All things are possible with God

Are you saying they are not?

I think, in retrospect, the GB as it existed during the late 60's and early 70's would have been better off explaining how all things are possible with God, particularly of him being able to create a rock so big, even he could not move it.

Inquiring minds want to know!

The REASON we have extensive records of the screw ups, petty machinations, sins, lies, treachery, double dealing, and colossal waste of individual lives in the Hebrew Scriptures, is in part to demonstrate what evil that men with the very best of intentions can do, and do.

Remember ... these over-reaching and presumptuous men, greedy for power, and money and influence  ...were  nevertheless at that time "The Only Game In Town", as far as God showing favor to human mortals.   Same thing today.

Just as God did not favor mankind that evolved between punctuated creations over the aeons, of which we have millions of tons of hard evidence, "Homo Sapiens" were on their own, and not on a spiritual Path to eventually Inherit the Universe as a gift from God.

The first REAL humans .... "Homo Theocraticus", as it were ... were the direct creations of Jehovah God, and with that the potential for everlasting life so necessary to travel between stars at sub-light speeds ... but I digress .....

The Christian Congregation at its best is still composed of the same types of people the Jewish Congregations had to deal with ... and that will not change in the immediate future.

Get used to it!

We, for our own sanity and well being, HAVE to understand that ... and adapt and improvise if we are to survive with our wits about us.

The Watchtower of January 19th is incredibly important in that regard ... for people of discernment.

Try to survive, until changes happen.

By the way ... the most favorite thing I have EVER read in the Society's publications was in the old book "Things In Which It Is Impossible For God To Lie" ... page 384 ...paragraph 24 ... repeated 20 years later exactly, in the "Prince of Peace" book.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.