The World News Media

Guest Nicole

Do you think that her father Abraham Quintanilla risks promoting idolatry by observing “remembrances” and other shows? Isn’t he profiting from her sin by releasing her songs she made while having left “the truth” to make songs turning her into a “star” that other idolize?

Or would it be ok if he donated the money to the Watchtower society?

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 2.9k
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Gnosis Pithos said:

If truth be told. Abraham Quintanilla is NOT a "witness" nor has he promoted himself in that way. The only witness in that family is the mother. So, whether or not he is promoting idolatry in a worldly sense, is a moot, point. :$

Where are you getting that information?

Here,  he states that he is a Jehovah Witness and is clarifying that Selena did not die because he as a Jehovah Witness refused a blood transfusion for her. 

He said that by the time he arrived to the hospital they had already transfered blood to Selena, but she was already dead. So she did not die for him refusing a blood transfusion  as a  Jehovah Witness for his dying daughter

On 11/4/2017 at 3:02 PM, Noble Berean said:

Do you honestly think any non-JW cares that Selena's parents have participated in tributes of her? 

Absolutely some care. 

Just now, Nicole said:

@Noble Berean that is not the subject in question 

It relates to it. You're saying a tribute is idolatry. Is honoring a dead loved one idolatry? 

Honestly, I don't think you're being very sympathetic to these individuals. Their daughter is dead and now you're attacking their character as Christians? If this was any other person on earth...these questions would sound ridiculous. These tributes probably give them joy, because they remember their daughter living and singing...maybe they think of the paradise with her. 

No sweetie, I'm not saying that at all. If you research what "tributes" for Selena are you'll find that are not only putting flowers at her gravestone. I guess you are not familiar to this. 

As a matter of fact, in my culture many of JWs  don't put flowers at gravestone for the same reason. On November 2nd was Day of the Dead a big thing for some latin countries, people put flowers, food, music, etc at gravestones in cementeries. JWs don't go to cementeries on that date unless there is a funeral or are going to preach there. 

This question about Selena or other people on Earth happen  to me all the time when I go in service and people ask about  someone who says is a JW and is not behaving like that.

Sadly I cannot tell them the answer you are telling me. I have to give them meaningful words. 

Well @Nicole I think my response is completely reasonable and meaningful. As you said, JW wouldn't participate in the pagan holiday of Dia De Los Muertos which is celebrating dead ones who are roaming the earth as ghosts. Yes I am aware that in Latin culture worship of the spirits is common. But a tribute that honors a person's LIFE is not objectionable. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.