You can light up the dark.

Try as I may, I could never explain
      What I hear when you don't say a thing.

[Chorus:]
      The smile on your face
      Lets me know that you need me.
      There's a truth in your eyes
      Saying you'll never leave me.
      The touch of your hand says you'll catch me wherever I fall.
      You say it best when you say nothing at all.

All day long I can hear
      People talking out loud (oooh).
      But when you hold me near (you hold me near)
      You drown out the crowd (the crowd, the crowd).

Try as they may, they can never define
      What's been said between your heart and mine.

The smile on your face
       You say it best (you say it best) when you say nothing at all.
      'Cause you say it best (you say it best) when you say nothing at all.

The smile on your face
       You say it best (you say it best) when you say nothing at all.
      'Cause you say it best (you say it best) when you say nothing at all.

(You say it best when you say nothing at all.
      You say it best when you say nothing at all.)

That smile on your face,
       The truth in your eyes,
      The touch of your hand

(You say it best when you say nothing at all.
      You say it best when you say nothing at all.)

• By Kurt
      Else Woieziek, a Jehovah's Witness sentenced to death and executed in 1944. Düsseldorf, Germany, 1937–38

Heinrich Heine, a shop assistant from Neuss, Germany. He was placed in protective custody for participating in illegal activities as a Jehovah's Witness. Düsseldorf, Germany, 1937–38

Wolfgang Kusserow, standing third from the left in the last portrait taken of the family, was one of eleven children of Frans and Hilda Kusserow, devout Jehovah's Witnesses. 
      Last Letter of Wolfgang Kusserow. On this date in 1940, 25-year-old Wilhelm Kusserow was executed by firing squad at Münster Prison in Germany
      One more time I am given the opportunity to write you. Well, now I your third son and brother, shall leave you tomorrow early in the morning. Be not sad, the time will come when we shall all be together again. Those who will sow with tears, will reap with joy. "Those sowing seed with tears will reap even with a joyful cry."
      How great the joy will be, when we see all of us again, although it is not easy now to overcome all this, but through belief and hope in the King and His Kingdom we conquer the worst. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom 8:38-39).
      So we confidently look forward to the future.
      Dear Papa, I am sorry that I was not allowed to visit you early in December. Exactly one year ago from tomorrow I saw you and Hildegard for the last time. In the meantime I have visited Lenchen. It was a special joy for me to see Mummy once again. Well, dear Mummy, Annemarie read me your dear letter during her visit... It is fine that you are busy in the baking factory (prison), so you are at least in a warm room and you have something to eat. Lenchen is now in the concentration camp.
      Thus we are all separated, but everybody is steady. Yes we shall be rewarded for all of this. Read this in James 1:12: "Happy is the man who keeps on enduring trials, because on becoming approved he will receive the crown of life, which Jehovah promised to those who continue loving Him."
      Dear Annemarie, once more special thanks to you for all your endeavors. May this our Lord reward you. I have you all constantly in mind. That was a life, when we were all at home together! - And suddenly separated!
      Well Satan knows that his time is short. Therefore, he tries with all his power to lead astray from God men of good will, but he will have no success. We know that our faith will be victorious.
      In this faith and this conviction I leave you.
      A last greeting from this old world in the hope of seeing you again soon in a New World.

This old Opel car was used by the Kusserows when they traveled house to house handing out religious tracts.

Helene Gotthold with her two children, Gerd and Gisela, in 1936. Arrested many times for defying the Nazi ban on Jehova's Witness activities, Helene was convicted, condemned to death, and beheaded on December 8, 1944, in Berlin. Gerd and Gisela survived. 

Robert Wagemann, a physically disabled Jehovah's Witness child, sits on his hospital bed.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I can't sleep tonight
      Everybody saying everything's alright
      Still I can't close my eyes
      I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of all these lights 

Sunny days
      Where have you gone?
      I get the strangest feeling you belong
      Why does it always rain on me?
      Is it because I lied when I was seventeen?
      Even when the sun is shining
      I can't avoid the lightning 

I can't stand myself
      I'm being held up by an invisible man
      Still life on a shelf when
      I got my mind on something else 

Sunny days
      Where have you gone?

Oh, where did the blue skies go?
      And why is it raining so?
      It's so cold 
      I can't sleep tonight
      Everybody's saying everything's all right
      Still I can't close my eyes
      I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of the lights 

Sunny days
      Where have you gone?
      Oh, where did the blue skies go?
      And why is it raining so?
      It's so cold
      Why does it always rain on....

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Helene Gotthold, a Jehovah's Witness, was beheaded for her religious beliefs on December 8, 1944, in Berlin. She is pictured with her children. Germany, June 25, 1936.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • By Sergey Christosenko
      We command you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to avoid those brothers who refuse to work, and thus do not fulfill our teaching ....When we were with you, then you left the rule: "Who does not want to work, let him not eat. " However, we hear that some among you are idle, not doing any work, but interfering in the affairs of others. 2 Thessalonians 3: 6,10,11 modern translation ERV
      Why Christian bums live as in Christ's bosom? In our world, so many loafers, which did not work anywhere and any day to earn a piece of bread, and live off the labor of those who work for them as slaves. But most of these idlers in any of the Christian religion.Only religion, "Jehovah's Witnesses" in accordance with their reporting in 2017 was nearly 20 thousand idlers who have not worked a single day in a year to earn a living. Nevertheless, these loafers are better brothers and sisters in faith, they deceive their religious vanity!
          Look carefully at the picture of the seven smiling and very happy with my life oldies! This religious teacher "God," "Jehovah's Witnesses", who claim to be the very first followers of Jesus Christ on earth, which allegedly restored the original teachings of Christ. Very funny geezer, is not it? They have not worked a single day in their lives, but did everything possible and impossible to live luxuriously at the expense of the labor of millions of people who foolishly became members of the Christian organization "Jehovah's Witnesses". 
      In 2017, in the religious organization "Jehovah's Witnesses" spent more than 202 million dollars, the so-called "donations" for the maintenance of special pioneers, circuit overseer, and other clergy who have not earned themselves even on a piece of bread. A total of 2017 of these idlers in the branches and at the headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses was 19730. All of them are members of the religious order of the General World pioneers, that is, people who do not work anywhere, and engaged in a religious fuss, mess around, to live on the contents of the other members "Jehovah's Witnesses" and those who support it by their own means.    Of course, religious idlers are in any large or small religion. After all, to live for others, religious priests learned in ancient times, during the construction of the Tower of Babel of mud bricks in the valley of Shinar. After God sent his aides to divide people into different religions, each of which will have its own religious teachings language. Here's how it's described in the Bible:     1 And the whole earth was of one language and of one speech.    2 journeyed from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.  3 And they said one to another, let us make brick, and burn them thoroughly. And they had brick for stone, and tar for mortar.    4 And they said, Let us build ourselves a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of all the earth.    5 Yehovah came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.  6 And he said to Yehovah, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do, and nothing will be restrained from them, plan to do;    7 Let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.    8 Yehovah scattered them from there over all the earth; and they stopped building the city.    9 Therefore its name was called Babel, because there confound the language of all the earth Yehovah, and scattered them from there over all the earth Yehovah.    (Genesis 11: 1-10)  
      So on the ground there was a huge variety of religions, whose teachings were related, borrowed from the teachers' Tower of Babel, a temple to Marduk. After all, the priests, fled in different ends of the earth have spread the doctrine of the immortal soul and the afterlife paradise on all sides of the world.    No wonder that at the beginning of the emergence of a new reformist religion under the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" its religious leaders taught that they are some of the true religion of the world's false religions, as opposed to all the other religious groups they serve Yehovahu God in spirit and truth, and preach his kingdom in all the earth, as did the early Christians.    What to do, if every toadstool in the forest fancies himself a noble white fungus, and mushrooms to eat like? If you do not have personal experience in the definition of beneficial fungi, is going to the forest for mushrooms, you risk running into just such toadstools, posing as the noble mushrooms, poison and die.    It will help you avoid this deadly danger Directory-determinant of the fungi. Using the description and in it, or a photo, you can safely gain useful, and most importantly safe mushrooms.    With religion, before you are going to get in it food for his mind not to get poisoned and die, it is necessary to do the same proven way. Only instead of the determinant of mushrooms, you need to "Key to the disciples of Christ," not to mix casually with them representatives of many Christian religions, which are like toadstools flooded forests around the world. 
      So determinant of Christ is the Bible students. In the New Testament describes how people should act, they are truly disciples of Christ, and not disguised them as toadstools. Many people mistakenly believe the main difference between the disciples of Christ their love for each other. 
      By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. (John 13:35)

However, it is not! Love to play on the audience is able to not just any theater and film actor, but also every adult. You should not be naive to think that artistry is the destiny of the elect. Just for quality simulation training I need love, just as in any sport, or in the acquisition of skills. Therefore, in each of the Christian religion over the years people are taught to imitate the love for each other. And soon, people are there, begin to imitate the love of so high quality that they can envy even professional artists!

But there is a simpler and more reliable means of verifying whether a member of the religion of the disciples of Christ, or is it unprofessional, but very talented actors. This lack of so-called "voluntary donations", but rather the people who live at the expense of others that is called the disciples of Christ.This is how the apostle Paul writes, referring to the very first disciples of Christ who have not yet learned how to pretend to be so talented as the present:
      1. And again I say to you: pray for us, brothers and sisters to the Lord's message spread and revered everywhere as you. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  Pray also that we have been spared from the depraved and evil people, since not all believe in the Lord. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  But the Lord will never leave you. He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  We have confidence in you before the Lord, and do not doubt that you are doing all what we instructed you, and will always follow this teaching. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  And may the Lord will point the way to your hearts to the love of God and the patience of Christ. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  We command you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to avoid those brothers who refuse to work, and thus do not comply with our teaching. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. After all, you know yourself that you have to imitate our actions. After all, being with you, we were not lazy. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  We are always paid for their bread and worked hard day and night so as not to burden you. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  We do so not because they do not have the right to ask you for help, and to show you an example worthy of emulation. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  When we were with you, taught you this rule: 
      "He who does not work shall not eat." 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  We're talking about it, because he had heard that some of you are living in idleness. They do not work and only intervene in the affairs of others. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  We command such people in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that they were working peacefully and eat their own bread. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. As for you, brothers and sisters, do not tire of doing good. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  If anyone refuses to obey our instructions in this letter, do not communicate with him. Perhaps thus you shame him. 2 Thessalonians 3 Head- modern translation ERV - The Bible.   As you can see, it has never been among the disciples of Christ, and there could be no religious teachers who are exempted from the obligation to earn a living. Today, these people have all, without exception, the Christian religion! That's just call themselves the religious priests in different ways. They are bishops, they are the elders, the Governing Council, there is no Soviet Union, and the religious organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. But in any case, these people claim that God supposedly gave them some special powers, including the hidden thing, the desire to live for others, not working to earn a piece of bread. However, they tend to live, better than many of those on the labor they provide themselves with food and livelihoods.    For example, the religious teachers of Jehovah's Witnesses, as well, and all the major religions, live very chic only luxury five-star apartments, eat only healthy food prepared by their personal chef, travel only comfortable Business Class, using luxury cars of the class, no less luxurious private jets and yacht.And what is there to wonder if these bums consider themselves at least Yehovaha ministers of the kingdom, which batrachat more than 8.5 million slaves from the organization "Jehovah's Witnesses"?   Meanwhile, it is clear that the teachings of Christ are not familiar with any of the religious teachers of Christianity, because it does not fit with their business. The words of Jesus Christ condemned the religious teachers of the Bible as liars and hypocrites.    24. And there was a dispute between them, which of them should be considered paramount. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  He said to them: kings of the nations lord it over them, and those who command them, they are called benefactors. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  You have also let it be not so, but who of you older - let him be as the youngest, and most importantly - as a servant. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  For who is more important: the one who sits at the table, or one who serves? Is not who is sitting?But I am among you as a servant. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  But since you have remained true to me among all the disasters of my, 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  I bequeath the kingdom to you, as my (heavenly) father bequeathed it to me, 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  so that you and ate and drank to my table in my kingdom, and sit on the throne - judging the twelve birth of Israel.
      Luke 22: 24-30 translated Lutkovska   From the words of Jesus Christ, it is clear that despite all the hopes of the religious teachers of the Bible, none of them will not receive the kingdom of Yehovaha because it bequeathed only true teachings of Christ who did not live at the expense of others, and earn their own bread. Jesus and his closest disciples never lived off the labor of others, but they look for food, craft carpenter who, like Jesus Christ, who is fishing who sew tents, as the apostle Paul.   However, the Apostle Paul wrote in his epistles that in the first century of Christianity there was a large cohort of people who consider themselves "superior apostles," Jesus Christ, who never worked and lived at the expense of Christian congregations, robbing their brothers and sisters in faith. Here's how he wrote about Christians' highest apostles "from the meeting in the Greek city of Corinth, who sit back and live at the expense of fraud, as well as modern religious teachers of Christianity:    11 I came to folly, boasting; you got me [for these things] forced. You ought to praise me, for I have not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles, though I am nothing. 12 signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, wonders and miracles.   13 For which you were inferior to other churches, except that I myself was not burdensome to you?Forgive me this wrong.    14 Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not burden you, for I seek not yours, but you. Children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.    15 And I will very gladly [her] and be spent for your souls, despite the fact that very love you, I love you less.    16 Let us, [that] I did not burden you, but being a cunning, guile with you.    17 Did I [than] from you through any of those whom I sent to you?    18 I begged Titus and sent with him the brother Titus take any advantage of you? Not in the same spirit we act? Not in the same go?    19 Again, think ye that we [only] excuse ourselves unto you? We speak before God in Christ, and all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.    20 For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and so that you will not find me so, would not: so [do not find you] strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, slander , sneak, pride, riots  (2 Corinthians 12: 13-20)

As you can see comment on the words of the Apostle Paul makes no sense. They no comments show that Christianity after the death of the apostles of Christ has become a platform to conduct religious business and enrich the various Christian leaders, beginning with the Pope and ending with the Steering Board of the religious organization "Jehovah's Witnesses", that a day did not work in my life, but fine living from their religious slaves and collect taxes from them, as the kings of the earth.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole

There was a game we used to play
      We would hit the town on Friday night
      And stay in bed until Sunday
      We used to be so free
      We were living for the love we had and
      Living not for reality

It was just my imagination [x3]

There was a time I used to pray
      I have always kept my faith in love
      It's the greatest thing from the man above
      The game I used to play
      I've always put my cards upon the table
      Let it never be said that I'd be unstable

It was just my imagination [x3]

There is a game I like to play
      I like to hit the town on Friday night
      And stay in bed until Sunday
      We'll always be this free
      We will be living for the love we have
      Living not for reality

It's not my imagination [x3]
      Not my [x18]
    • By Kurt
                                                              Monument to Witness Holocaust Survivor Unveiled in Germany

Rudolf Max Graichen German Holocaust Survivor 6/2/1925 – 1/31/2017
      Rudolf Graichen ? ‘All Jewish inmates in the camp were all prisoners without a choice. Jehovah’s Witnesses were the only prisoners in the camp with a choice, namely, to stay in there or to leave and go home again.’

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content. <<click  List the 123 items linked to this collection 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Maybe it's intuition 
      But some things you just don't question
      Like in your eyes
      I see my future in an instant
      and there it goes
      I think I've found my best friend
      I know that it might sound more than
      a little crazy but I believe 

[chorus:] 

I knew I loved you before I met you
      I think I dreamed you into life
      I have been waiting all my life 

There's just no rhyme or reason
      only this sense of completion
      and in your eyes
      I see the missing pieces
      I'm searching for
      I think I found my way home
      I know that it might sound more than
      a little crazy but I believe

[chorus:] 

I think I dreamed you into life
      I have been waiting all my life 

A thousand angels dance around you
      I am complete now that I found you 

[repeat chorus to fade]
    • By ARchiv@L
      “What Does the Purple Triangle Mean?”

“A FEW days ago, I received a copy of The Watchtower from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses,” wrote a civil servant working at the ministry of justice in Seoul, Republic of Korea. He continued: “Reading it, I learned some facts about the persecution of Jehovah’s Witnesses under Nazi and Communist regimes. But I have a question. The cover photo shows Jehovah’s Witnesses with an inverted purple triangle on the left side of their coats. What does the purple triangle mean?”
      In Germany under the Nazi regime, Jehovah’s Witnesses refused to heil Hitler, and they maintained neutrality on political and military issues. So the Nazis cruelly persecuted them, incarcerating some 12,000 Witnesses for varying lengths of time in prisons and concentration camps. About 2,000 of them died, hundreds being executed.
      What did the purple triangle on their prison garb signify? “The various categories of prisoners in the [Nazi] camps carried special distinguishing marks,” explains the book Anatomy of the SS State. “The uniform system of marking introduced before the war consisted in sewing a triangular piece of material on to each prisoner’s uniform, the colour depending on his category: for political prisoners, red; for Jehovah’s Witnesses, purple; for anti-socials, black; for criminals, green; for homosexuals, pink; for emigrants, blue. In addition to the coloured triangle Jewish prisoners were made to wear a yellow triangle sewn on to the coloured triangle in such a way as to form the hexagonal Star of David.”
      “If its moral significance is widely remembered in time,” wrote Professor John K. Roth in his book Holocaust Politics, “the purple triangle can yet be a shield against disaster, a shield whose triangular points direct our attention and commitment toward the good that most deserves human respect.” Jehovah’s Witnesses have produced the award-winning documentary Jehovah’s Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault. Why not ask one of Jehovah’s Witnesses to make it possible for you to view this video?

image:

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
      www.ushmm.org/photos/alpha/n00063.jpg
        Excerpt: Jehovah's Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Simone Liebster, co-founder of the Arnold Liebster Foundation and Holocaust survivor, spoke to a classroom full of Highland High School students on what life was like in Europe during the World War II. Adam McDonald amcdonald@bnd.com

Simone Arnold Liebster was just 11 years old when the Nazis overran her country and took control of her town.
      The region of Alsace, which Liebster called home, was a special target of the Reich. It had been taken from Germany and given to France after World War I, and the Nazis wanted it back.
      But while the German blitzkrieg quickly overwhelmed the French defense forces around her, little Simone never surrendered. And she is still fighting.
      She and her late husband, Max, established the Arnold-Liebster Foundation in January 2002 to educate future generations in the lessons of history. It’s a non-political, non-profit organization that strives to keep alive the memory of victims of dictatorships and religious persecution.
      Through the foundation, Highland High School students were able to meet and learn from Liebster last week via a video conference.
      “We look at the past and see that the masses followed Hitler. We ask: ‘What can we learn from those who didn’t?’ We want to learn from positive examples,” said Marge Fulton, the local contact for the Arnold-Liebster Foundation. “Simone Liebster refused to heil Hitler.”
      Highland High School English teacher Susie Martz learned about Liebster’s story from attending the Illinois Reading Conference in Peoria. She asked if Fulton would set up a time for her class to meet Liebster and ask questions.
      “I saw her in October and Simone touched my heart. She touched my heart so much that I had to share this with my students,” Martz said. “I think she surprised them. The students did a lot of prep work before this interview.”
      Along with her standard English class, Martz also teaches a class on the Holocaust.
      “In one of my classes, we read Night, which is a book about the Holocaust, and I teach another class that focuses only on the holocaust. I wanted the students to get different points of view of the Holocaust.”
      The students eyes were glued to the projector as Fulton gave the background of Liebster’s story.
      Shortly after Fulton’s presentation, her computer beeped and a video stream of Liebster popped up. Now 86 years old, Liebster may seem frail, but her spirit and resolve are just as strong now as they were when she was a child. Her strength comes from her faith as a Jehovah’s Witness.
      “I was raised in peace, but there was still the past to think about from the previous world war,” Liebster told the students from her home in France. “Life was normal for me as a child.”
      But then the war came. Many fled as the Germans advanced. Liebster’s family did not. She asked her father why they had stayed. His response was something she’d never forget.
      “My father told me that he was responsible for the Jehovah’s Witnesses in the area and we couldn’t leave,” she said. “He said, ‘I must stay to provide courage.’ ”
      Firm in their faith
      Unlike Jews, Jehovah’s Witnesses could escape Nazi persecution if they would renounce their faith. Heiling Hitler was also mandatory. Those who did not were sent to concentration camps. But Liebster and her family stood firm in their faith.
      “I was well-educated and had principles. I wanted to be faithful to my beliefs. The idea to praise Hitler as a savior was wrong, and I would not give in,” she said. “Some people told me I should pretend, but that would be lying. If I did that, I would be lying to God, and I want to honor Jesus as King. And I’d be lying to the state, and my conscience wouldn’t be clear.”
      Her refusal — along with her family’s — was what landed her parents in separate concentration camps.
      “My father was taken and arrested right away and put in Dachau. He was in charge of painting ammunition boxes, but refused. He was severely punished. Every so often, they’d offer him a contract to sign that would free him if he would heil Hitler. He refused, again and again. Eventually, he became a medical experiment for malaria.”
      Ripped apart, then reunited
      The entire family was broken up.
      “A judge took me away from my mother and put me in a school in Germany. My mother was arrested and put in a separate concentration camp. We weren’t allowed to write from one prison to another.”
      Liebster can still remember her “re-education” in Germany.
      “We lived the same as people did in the 19th century. The living conditions were bad and food was scarce. Children never played and were taken from their parents,” she said. “I learned to obey without question.”
      But she was able to hang on to who she was, thanks to her father.
      “Thanks to dad. He taught me that my brain was like a shelf, I could pull anything from my mind,” she said.
      Jehovah’s Witnesses were forced to wear a purple triangle in the camps. The meaning behind that is a bit unclear, but Liebster said she believes it was because of the link between the color purple and royalty.
      “They gave us purple triangle’s, because that’s the color of royalty, and we were messengers for God’s Kingdom,” she said.
      The family wasn’t sure they’d ever see each other again. But at the end of the war, their family was lucky. They were reunited. They regrouped and rebuilt their lives, but seldom spoke of the past and trauma they’d been through.
      “We started a new life, but that was difficult. We didn’t talk about the past, but mom did say that we had to forgive those who wronged us,” Liebster said. “I finally understood what forgiveness was. It’s the strength to overcome any bad feelings.”

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A husband and wife and their two young children were found dead in their home in Irmo, South Carolina on Wednesday after what homicide investigators  called and apparent murder-suicide. Police believe 28-year-old Kia Miller along with their 3-year-old son Kyler and daughter Syrai, who was barely a year old were executed with shots to the upper body by family patriarch and devout Jehovah's Witnesses Sheddrick Byron Miller before he turned the gun on himself. The hellish scene was uncovered after the man's mother, who had not heard from her son in several days, went to their home in the Riverwalk neighborhood around 10 a.m. to investigate. There she discovered the bodies and called police. A spokesman for the Richland County Sheriff's Department told the Charlotte Observer that the initial investigation points to a domestic disturbance prior to the killings. One woman who knew the family told the Associated Press that there was no indication anything was amiss and expressed shock at the tragedy. Authorities say a handgun, the presumed murder weapon was found in the master bedroom near Shedrick Miller's body. His wife, also in the room. The two children were shot dead in their respective bedrooms. Police are still trying to determine the exact time of the murder. South Carolina's homicide rate of women killed by men is the worst in the country, according to a report by the Violence Policy Center in Washington.

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      It’s the laugh that is the signature, that chuckle that is right now ringing out across the St Kilda cafe. It seems to embody the joy Kate Langbroek gets out of a surreal thought or a bit of mischief or the innate humour of tiny stuff in our everyday lives, the comedy borne from recognition and familiarity.
      We’re having coffee and Kate is sharing random thoughts – she can’t stand parents who talk endlessly about their kids, who bag Halloween as “too American” (fun-stoppers), and she says she hates cyclists when she’s driving and hates drivers when she’s cycling.
      There is a lot to love about Kate Langbroek, media star, mother of four, wise soul and long-time radio partner of another St Kilda legend, Dave Hughes. She talks about having four kids.
      “It’s so brilliant,” she says. “And trying! [there’s the laugh]. It’s a complex group of people but it’s like a little tribe.
      “Sometimes you crave solitude and when you get it, it feels so strange, this silence that we just never have in our house.”
      And kids don’t leave home, either. “They’ll be 45, still living with us, trying to save up to buy a bedsit in some far-flung location that doesn’t feature on Unreal Estate.”
      Unreal Estate is her newest venture, a Channel Nine project in which Kate and co-presenter Cameron Knight visit exceptional properties and interview the owners.
      “Just a stickybeak,” says Kate of her interest in the area. “When there’s an open for inspection in my street, I’m always, ‘Come on, let’s go’. Doesn’t matter if it’s a flat, house … Love it.”
      She squeezed making the series between working with Hughesy on KIIS’s Drive program, which the pair have been doing since January last year, after 12 years on the Nova breakfast show.
      It’s a busy life, mainly a family one, certainly not one driven by the desire for fame. “It gets banned in our house, the concept of fame,” she says.
      “Just for being tedious. Just like devices get banned. The same way television gets banned [or] asking grown-ups how old they are. No, not your business.”
      Kate grew up on the Gold Coast, Brisbane and, for a few years, Papua New Guinea in a family deeply involved in the Jehovah’s Witnesses. Her father was an elder. “I only left because I couldn’t stay,” she says. “You can’t bear the claustrophobia any more of not being true to yourself.”
      She says there were some positives, though. “Strong sense of community, mixing with people of all ages, of all ethnicities, of all social strata. I learnt sign language because we had some deaf brothers and sisters in our congregation.”
      She attended five meetings a week and learnt how to prepare for “witnessing”, door-knocking with copies of the church’s magazine. “We’d act out scenarios where somebody would play the ‘worldly’ person and someone would play the Jehovah’s Witness. “That probably gave me a sense of being comfortable with words or make-believe.”
      Kate worked at a deli in a Brisbane Coles when she was at school, “plotting my escape”, and later moved into a house with a girlfriend. It was a relief to be free. She found living with the church’s tenets restricting.
      “I found the paucity of ideas just really sad. It didn’t make me happy. To rule out so much … to be on the straight and narrow, which is the path you’re supposed to be on … I don’t like the straight and narrow, I like the wide road, possibly leading to destruction.”
      Was there rebellion later? “Anything I did that wasn’t according to the tenets of the church was rebellion.”

Being raised in the Witnesses meant birthdays were not celebrated. Her parents later left the church and embraced the notion of birthdays. “Now they’ve left the Witnesses of course they’re ready at every birthday, a gift, a party,” she says.
      “Now it suits them. ‘When you ask me to plan your milestone birthday mum/dad, why don’t we first of all just flick through all the pictures of my birthday parties you threw for me when I was little and we’ll get some inspiration. Oh hang, on, there aren’t any.’ It’s fun to persecute your parents.”
      Being a parent herself is the heart of her life. She lives in St Kilda with her husband Peter and their kids, aged from seven to 12. It’s a juggle. “Some days you feel like you’re amazing, and some days you feel like you’re roadkill. And I think neither is true. Or both are true.”
      It’s Peter who coaches them in basketball and takes them to swimming. “Because of my lack of interest in sport, I think he realised early on that if the children were going to be anything that didn’t involve being morbidly obese, he would have to run that side of things,” she says, “whereas if it was going to involve a couch and television, mummy could handle that.”
      In 2013 Kate spoke for the first time publicly about her eldest son Lewis, then 10, and his battle with leukaemia. Lewis was diagnosed at age six and underwent three-and-a-half years of treatment at the Royal Children’s Hospital.
      Last May, Kate wrote a beautiful newspaper article referring to a bravery certificate, which is stuck on the wall above Lewis’s desk. It gave some insight into the family’s journey, the sadness, the courage, the family life that had to be got on with.
      “I really came to prize normality through that and just ordinariness. We’re very happy for ordinary and happy. Don’t need a superstar, don’t need a super brain, don’t need an accelerated learning program …”
      I ask after Lewis. “He’s beautiful, he’s 12, in year 7,” Kate says. “We’re up to six-monthly check-ups, which is great because we’ve gone from daily, weekly …”
      Last year Lewis went on a school trip to Italy. Kate and Hughesy had left Nova and were between engagements and Kate planned to “do the irritating book writer’s thing, Three Months under the Tuscan Sun”, with all the children.
      Then the KIIS gig came up and Kate went back to work with Hughesy. “One night I was tucking [Lewis] in, talking about the school trip and he wasn’t as happy about it as you’d imagine, and he said, ‘What if I get sick over there?’. Which gave me pause, because we don’t talk about this in our daily life.”
      It was decided Lewis would go with his “adored” grandma Maree, Peter’s mother. “When Lewis was sick, Maree was the third wheel in our rickety little stool when we were in hospital.”
      It was meant to be a two-week trip until Maree said, ‘Do you mind if I stay longer?’ They ended up staying nearly three months. “I said to Peter, ‘That’s ludicrous. We either have to get Interpol involved or we have to go and get that boy back’. We went over and had the time there in Italy and all came back together.”
      Lewis’s illness was the ultimate test for a parent. “Sometimes I have to pull myself up when I’m resenting one of the responsibilities that I have as a mother, and just realise what a blessing it is,” she says.
      “I really try to be mindful of that because we’re very fortunate to be parents of four, to not have one that fell, you know?
      “Because we have seen the little ones … It’s terrible, beyond imagining. It’s something that you don’t imagine, and neither should you, because it’s really rare. But in the event of it occurring, you really don’t know yourself until that happens to you.
      “You don’t know what your partner’s like. You don’t know what your friends are like. You don’t know, until you face a foe that is mercurial and dark. You’re just full of dread.”
      I ask how she kept working on the radio, especially when she needed to be light-hearted and funny.
      “They said to us at the hospital when Lewis was first diagnosed, which at the time was like some sort of white noise, you couldn’t hear over the chaos of what was going on in yourself … that it is important to try and lead as normal a life as you can.
      “During that period we decided we would try and lead as normal a life as we could. For a number of reasons. One was we had three other little children. And the other [reason] was that if we didn’t lead a normal life, what were we saying to Lewis about what we believed was going to happen?”
      She talks about the two sides of the mask – comedy and tragedy. “My life has always been in comedy. And when tragedy was attendant, comedy saved me – as it saves a lot of people every day. It consequently gave me more respect for the work that I do.
      “When Hughesy and I finished our last gig (at Nova), we got some astoundingly beautiful feedback from people we’d meant a lot to in difficult periods of their life. And that’s what laughter does.
      “I couldn’t always get in there and do the show, I missed quite a few shows, but sometimes it was the only three hours of my day that wasn’t about cancer. And it was such a salvation. It was great. And Hughesy was such a soldier.”
      I ask Kate if it gave her a perspective she didn’t think she’d ever need. “You don’t think about it. It’s like when people talk about having a child, I’d say, ‘I don’t know, I’ve never had a child before’.
      “Life is a series of unfolding scenarios that you find yourself in, that you’ve never previously encountered. And that’s the point of life. And some of them are brutal … That is what happens if you live a full life, that the dreadful will eventually happen.”
      Peter, a former engineer who co-owns the Cherry Bar music venue in the city and is very often at home with the children, was a rock. They married in 2003. “You don’t know who you’re married to until you’re placed under those trying circumstances,” Kate says.
      “He’s just a very beautiful, rock-solid, kind, patient, clever, intuitive person. And where he’s slow and patient, I’m quick and decisive.
      “We had some terrible moments where I realised things about him and he realised things about me, but the important thing was realisation, and the realisation comes from love.”
      Kate is now an ambassador for the Children’s Cancer Foundation and in her they are blessed with a highly articulate voice. She’s insightful, honest and, while living a life in the public glare, she’s also undeniably one of us, someone with flaws, someone feeling confusion, exasperation, tiredness, joy, pain – all those things we all feel, too.
      After so many years of her in our lives, we feel we know her so well and it’s certainly not because she does lots of media interviews.
      “Have you heard our radio show? All we do is reveal stuff about ourselves. I’m never going to be described as mysterious.”

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A large plot of land on J M Turk Road in Flowery Branch was once covered by a forest, but has been cleared away in the last year to make room for a new Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Kingdom Hall.
      The hall opened in May after eight months of construction, said one of the congregation elders Robert Rankin.
      “We used all-volunteer labor,” he said. “No one was paid to do this.”
      The term “kingdom hall” was adopted by witnesses to describe their place of worship instead of the word church. They say biblically, the word “church” describes a group of worshippers, and not the place they congregate.
      Kingdom halls are thus places for witnesses to meet and learn about the kingdom of God.
      THE HALL
      The Flowery Branch kingdom hall was designed with a more modern, “educational center look,” Rankin said.
      “This is the new design,” he said. “You used to build them with a more residential look, with the sloped roof, you know. But in the long run, this outlasts that.”
      His wife, Mary Rankin, said it is a commonly used international design, because it meets codes in just about any part of the world.
      Robert Rankin said the facility is made of absolutely no wood, which saves time in construction because nails don’t have to be driven into planks. And the building’s flat roof allows air conditioning and utilities to be stored on top.
      The hall also has a dehumidifying system to help keep the temperature comfortable, Mary Rankin said.
      “I always have a problem being too cold,” she said. “But this is great.”
      As witnesses or visitors enter the kingdom hall, they enter a bright, open lobby area with a wall of windows. Against another wall is a community board, showcasing lists and schedules. All duties in the hall are shared, including who cleans every day.
      The kingdom hall has one large space used primarily for worship with a capacity for about 235 people. Each Sunday, it seats just less than 150 attendees. A nearby “overflow room” is used as a private meeting room, seating about 50 people.
      A third auxiliary room toward the back of the building seats closer to 25.
      All three rooms have mounted televisions, with the goal off streaming video in all of them, Robert Rankin said.
      The facility has spacious mens’ and womens’ restrooms, a family restroom, a walk-in coat closet and a small, private meeting room close to the front doors.
      “We have one lady in our congregation who can’t do the fluorescent lights,” Mary Rankin said. “But she can sit in there. For a while she wasn’t able to come, but now she can sit and hear the whole program.”
      “And if someone has something personal they want to talk to one of the brothers about, they can do that here,” Robert Rankin added.
      THE KINGDOM
      The new hall was constructed because of vast growth in the area, the Rankins said.
      “It’s the fastest growing religion in the world,” Mary Rankin said.
      Robert Rankin said more than 8 million witnesses are in the world. Already two other kingdom halls are in the Hall County area, one on Stephens Road in Gainesville and another on Ednaville Road in Braselton.
      “That’s where we moved out of,” Robert Rankin said. “Because we had actually six congregations in the one building. So there are two here now and a Spanish congregation that meets here as well.”
      Jehovah’s Witnesses do not follow the “megachurch” model with one preacher or minister to a single, large congregation. Every kingdom hall has multiple elders. The Flowery Branch facility has 12, with Robert Rankin as the coordinator of the body of elders.
      “When you have a meeting of the elders, the coordinator just provides an agenda,” he said. “But he has no more authority than any others. And ministers are not paid.”
      The kingdom hall has a midweek meeting — what other denominations might call a worship service — at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and a weekend meeting at 10 a.m. Sundays.
      Meetings begin and end with song and prayer and include audience participation in Bible examination and study, like a classroom discussion. They are open to the public, not just Jehovah’s Witnesses.
      “It’s pretty good,” Robert Rankin said with a laugh. “I’ve been in it since I was a young guy. It does increase your knowledge. It doesn’t just give you a speaking ability or train you, but it gives you information.”
      Meetings at the Flowery Branch kingdom hall often start with a 2-3 minute video, to introduce a topic or subject. The screens throughout the hall are used for this purpose.
      Collections are never taken at any kingdom hall. Instead, donation boxes are fixed to the wall, one for local facility maintenance and another for world donations.
      “Getting these halls built in third-world countries — everybody contributes,” Robert Rankin said. “But there is no requirement. Everyone just takes care of each other.”
      He said if anyone has questions about Jehovah’s Witnesses, what they do and what they believe, they can read some frequently asked questions and watch informational videos at www.jw.org.
      Mary Rankin said commonly asked questions include “Why does God allow suffering and evil?”
      “A lot of people ask us that,” she said.
      Robert Rankin said the greatest and simplest hope for the kingdom hall is to be available to people and to educate.
      “We’ve gone out for years and heard people say, ‘But you don’t believe in Jesus,’” he said. “But that’s just ridiculous. What hope is there, unless he is there? Our feeling is, as the scripture (says), Jehovah is the creator and Jesus is the Son of God who came here and willingly died for us. And we’re here to promote that.”

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Esas manos que me llevan 
      por las calles de la vida 
      esa cara que me obliga 
      a mirarla de rodillas 
      sólo hay una, sólo hay una 
      o tú, o ninguna 

Esa voz que me aconseja 
      no creer en las sonrisas 
      ese pelo que me cubre 
      como lluvia de caricias 
      o tú, o ninguna 

O tú, o ninguna 
      no tengo salida 
      pues detrás de ti mi amor 
      tan sólo hay bruma 
      si no existieras 
      yo te inventaría 
      como el sol al día 
      o tú, o ninguna 

Esa que de puro honesta 
      en el fondo te molesta 
      esa que te admira tanto 
      que te obliga a ser un santo 
      o tú, o ninguna 

Confidente de mis sueños 
      de mis pasos cada día 
      su mirada mi camino 
      y su vida ya mi vida... 
      o tú, o ninguna 
      no tengo salida 
      pues detrás de ti mi amor 
      tan solo hay bruma 

Si no existieras 
      yo te inventaría 
      pues sin duda alguna 
      o tú 
      o tú, o ninguna 
      o tú, o ninguna

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Jehovah’s Witnesses may be stripped of registration in Belarus, Leanid Hulyaka, the country’s commissioner for religious and ethnic affairs, said on Tuesday.
      According to Mr Hulyaka, in 2015, Jehovah’s Witnesses repeatedly violated the law by distributing religious literature without proper coordination with the local authorities.
      Their ‘persistent and inappropriate actions’ cause certain discontent among the Belarusian citizens and representatives of other religious denominations in particular, Leanid Hulyaka believes.
      Source: 
    • By admin
      The Canadian Prime Minister caused a storm of social media fury after his official statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day appeared to contain no mention of Jews. Justin Trudeau has already faced scrutiny for his Government’s handling of Canada’s relationship with Israel, especially when compared to that of the previous pro-Israel Prime Minister Stephen Harper.
      His statement reads:
      “On this day, we pay tribute to the memory of the millions of victims murdered during the Holocaust. We honour those who survived atrocities at the hands of the Nazi regime, and welcome their courageous stories of hope and perseverance.
      “The Holocaust is a stark reminder of the dangers and risks of allowing hate, prejudice, and discrimination to spread unchallenged. It also reminds us that silence must never be an option when humanity is threatened.
      “As we pause to educate ourselves and our families on the bitter lessons of the Holocaust, we also strengthen our resolve to work with domestic and international partners to continue defending human rights and condemning intolerance.”
      The fact that there was no direct mention of the six million Jews who died during the Holocaust caused a stir on social media, with some users claiming that he was forgetting history.
      Of course, Jews were not the only group targeted by the Nazis. Others to face murder in the concentration camps included homosexuals, the disabled, communists and Jehovah's Witnesses, among others. However, the fact that around two thirds of the Jews in Europe—around one third of the Jews worldwide at the time—were exterminated has forever linked the Holocaust with the Jews.
      In response to the outrage, Trudeau posted a link to his statement on Twitter alongside a note about fighting anti-Semitism.
      http://www.albawaba.com/loop/social-media-fury-canadian-pm-forgets-mention-jews-holocaust-statement-799720
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CrownRoyalAD
    Newest Member
    CrownRoyalAD

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.