The World News Media

~♥ Is Your Love so Great You Would Die for Someone?~♥

Bible Speaks

~? Is Your Love so Great You Would Die for Someone?~?

God Loved Us So Much First~ “Love can be known only from the actions it prompts. GodÂ’s love is seen in the gift of His Son, I John 4:9, 10. But obviously this is not the love of complacency, or affection, that is, it was not drawn out by any excellency in its objects, Rom. 5:8.

It was an exercise of the Divine will in deliberate choice, made without assignable cause save that which lies in the nature of God Himself, cp. Deut. 7:7, 8.”

A·ga?pe, therefore, carries the meaning of love guided, or governed, by principle. It may or may not include affection and fondness. That a·ga?pe may include affection and warmth is evident in many passages.

At John 3:35, Jesus said: “The Father loves [a·ga·pai?] the Son.” At John 5:20, he said: “The Father has affection for [phi·lei?] the Son.” Certainly God’s love for Jesus Christ is coupled with much affection. Also Jesus explained: “He that loves [a·ga·pon?] me will be loved [a·ga·pe·the?se·tai] by my Father, and I will love [a·ga·pe?so] him.” (Joh 14:21) 

This love of the Father and of the Son is accompanied by tender affection for such loving persons. Jehovah’s worshipers must love him and his Son, as well as one another, in the same way.—John 21:15-17. - Bible Speaks

3800D9FB-D89E-41B0-BE0C-61F68215F2DB.jpeg

• Views 586
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

~? Is Your Love so Great You Would Die for Someone?~? God Loved Us So Much First~ “Love can be known only from the actions it prompts. GodÂ’s love is seen in the gift of His Son, I John 4:9, 10.

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.