The World News Media

Watchtower pays $4000 per day for disobeying Secular Authority

Srecko Sostar

26 minutes ago, Noble Berean said:

They are supposed to be protecting the flock from predators. So, elders have a moral responsibility as Christians to protect the flock, and that is the case regardless of what the law of the land says.

To be fair,  it's not always possible is it?

There is absolutely no reason why elders need an allegation to be Scripturally substantiated in order to report to the police,

Officially the Elders might not feel they can do so, but anyone else can! Or if the Elder is a father of a daughter who he suspects has been molested by someone, that elder can go to the police as well. It's only when elders are involved in an official judicial decision where they have been approached by the parents of a victim, they may not report if they feel there is not enough evidence, however the victim or parents can.

It's hard to imagine that elders sat on allegations of sex abuse and allowed predators to prey on congregations for years. I don't know how that sits well with your Bible-trained conscience.

Indeed it's hard to imagine, therefor I will logically deduce that this wasn't deliberate, but rather a mistake that has been going on for decades in all institutions, including government institutions and the courts. If you read the articles I posted the links to you will begin to understand. NO ONE deliberately, and with malicious intent allows a child to be molested.

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are Jehovah's Witnesses a part of the community? As the ARC pointed out .... matters not reported to the police as a matter of NATURAL CONSCIENCE ... puts the community as a whole at risk .... no

On June 23, 2016, San Diego, California, Superior Court Judge Richard Strauss grew tired of the Watchtower Society fighting his order to produce a 1997 letter sent to all elders worldwide, and decided

The formal ruling according to the court of appeals document dated Nov. 9, 2017 page. 39 (the link to the document posted by Witness above) "On the record before us, we are satisfied that the sup

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Noble Berean said:

And a willingness to change for the better is a good thing. I would respect the org if it would acknowledge its errors and make necessary changes. But the organization seems set in its ways. 

It has acknowledged its errors and is making changes.

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Indeed it's hard to imagine, therefor I will logically deduce that this wasn't deliberate, but rather a mistake that has been going on for decades in all institutions, including government institutions and the courts. If you read the articles I posted the links to you will begin to understand. NO ONE deliberately, and with malicious intent allows a child to be molested.

Fair enough. Maybe elders didn't understand just how pervasive sex abuse was. But people know now that it's a threat. And yet there's an unwillingness to accept error or a need to change. 

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Evident from G. Jackson testimony, new guidelines etc.

When I have more time I will give you actual references.

Please do. It would really be great if I could just go on JW.org and they had a section on their website about their policies on sexual abuse in the congregation. But it's all kept under wraps. 

23 minutes ago, Noble Berean said:

Please do. It would really be great if I could just go on JW.org and they had a section on their website about their policies on sexual abuse in the congregation. 

Maybe it will be there eventually. But for now it is available to anyone who asks for it. Go ask ask your elders for the new guidelines publication on sexual abuse.

1 minute ago, Anna said:

@Noble Berean all the policies we have on our website thus far are THESE.  But I have a feeling that's not what you meant. Did you want to see some kind of "confession"? Like the number of pedophiles or sexual predators there are among Jehovah's Witnesses?

That's info about ways to keep safe, but I wanted to see information on how elders handle sexual abuse allegations in the congregation.

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

Does that amount to nothing then?

This will help:

http://avoidjw.org/en/changes/child-abuse-policy-comparison/

On August 1 2016, Jehovah’s Witnesses made a worldwide release of a Child Abuse policy letter to all Bodies of Elders. This letter is to replace the October 1 2012 letter. But what are the main differences between these two letters? Here is a comparison of both letters. Text in blue are notations from avoidjw.org to assist in your comparison of the letters.

6 minutes ago, Anna said:

Does that amount to nothing then?

Of course it means something. Where did I suggest otherwise? I know our WT literature makes it clear that sexual abuse is abhorrent. Those articles are referring to proactive ways to prevent abuse, but I'm referring to what procedures take place after an event has occurred. 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.