The World News Media

Watchtower pays $4000 per day for disobeying Secular Authority

Srecko Sostar

59 minutes ago, Noble Berean said:

I'm sure there's some element of pride when you have total confidence you are backed by God almighty?

Can't see a problem with being proud of one's faithfulness to God's requirements and of success in fulfilling his commission? 

Jer 9:24: "“But let the one boasting boast about this:That he has insight and knowledge of me, that I am Jehovah, the One showing loyal love, justice, and righteousness in the earth,"

2 Cor 7:4: "I have great freeness of speech toward you. I have great boasting in regard to you. I am filled with comfort; I am overflowing with joy in all our affliction."

etc...etc...

Do you believe you are backed by God Almighty?

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are Jehovah's Witnesses a part of the community? As the ARC pointed out .... matters not reported to the police as a matter of NATURAL CONSCIENCE ... puts the community as a whole at risk .... no

On June 23, 2016, San Diego, California, Superior Court Judge Richard Strauss grew tired of the Watchtower Society fighting his order to produce a 1997 letter sent to all elders worldwide, and decided

The formal ruling according to the court of appeals document dated Nov. 9, 2017 page. 39 (the link to the document posted by Witness above) "On the record before us, we are satisfied that the sup

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gone Fishing said:

Do you believe you are backed by God Almighty?

I assume that God will back me on the condition that I make choices that honor him. But I'm not infallible. I can make mistakes and Jehovah God can remove his backing. Can the same be said for this organization?

12 minutes ago, Noble Berean said:

Can the same be said for this organization?

Well, I would say that he will continue to treat this organisation in the same way he treated David: 

1 Sam 16:13: "And the spirit of Jehovah began to empower David from that day forward"

3 hours ago, Noble Berean said:

I'm sure there's some element of pride when you have total confidence you are backed by God almighty?

Minimal. Someone will be the successor of the Acts 15 older men setting policy in the first century and even issuing "decrees." I see no one with a better claim to that role than they.

3 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

All in all, look at the laws that were on the books at the time of the circumstance, NOT TODAYS LAWS!!!!

It has long been common knowledge that Hollywood was a cesspool but no insider would rat on anyone else. At last the dam has broken and these guys are falling all over themselves to swear, like Sergeant Shultz, that they knew nothiiiinnnnggggg! (some are wetting themselves thinking that they are up next)

When the world at last wakes up to a problem, it swings wildly the other way. In this case rapists are lumped together with harassers, who are lumped together with those whose misdeeds were once called "getting fresh." Few women ever appreciated men getting fresh, I think, but they did not mistake that for rape.

It is similar with widespread condemnation of the founding fathers. Revered for centuries, they are now reviled because they kept slaves, notwithstanding that every agricultural person of means kept slaves at that time - and with no regard for whether they were kindly or vicious administrators.

It is the same with the world's outrage over child sexual abuse, now at full boil. Whenever zealots catch the wave, they invariably apply today's enlightenment to criminalize those of the past, as Alan points out. Sodomizers are the same as those too free with their hands who are the same as those who learned of it but practiced nothing themselves. Notwithstanding that back in my day child protective agencies sent abused children right back into the homes of the parents who abused them, in the naive belief that the abuser could be rehabilitated. It is naive by today's standards, but it was enlightened at the time.

The world's record of protecting children is absolutely dismal. News reports indicate a breathtaking percentage of adults have abused children. That is why the education of children on how to protect themselves is essential, as is the education of parents on how to protect their children. Nobody does that better than Jehovah's Witnesses, who trained every member in the world via last summer's convention. That addresses 95% of the problem. All that remains is to take out the sodomizers. If the world was serious about justice, it would apply capital punishment to such ones, for the common wisdom is that these persons cannot be rehabilitated.

3 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Well, I would say that he will continue to treat this organisation in the same way he treated David: 

1 Sam 16:13: "And the spirit of Jehovah began to empower David from that day forward"

The organization is a man-made creation, not an anointed individual. David gave full reverence to God.  JWs are unable to do this, since they believe the organization is, as you made the comparison to David – empowered.  Rev 13:5,15

David's words:

“Praise be to you, Lord,
    the God of our father Israel,
    from everlasting to everlasting.
 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
    and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
    for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
    you are exalted as head over all.
 Wealth and honor come from you;
    you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
    to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
    and praise your glorious name. 1 Chron 29:10-13

“When you cry out,
Let your collection of idols deliver you.
But the wind will carry them all away,
A breath will take them.
But he who puts his trust in Me shall possess the land,
And shall inherit My holy mountain.”  Isa 57:13

6 hours ago, Witness said:

The organization is a man-made creation,

This is just a generally stated, and basically irrelevant, opinion. 

The repentant, murderous, adulterer, David, was still the anointed of Jehovah through his difficulties, and, despite his error, was still spoken of by Jehovah as having a complete heart. 1 Ki.11:4. As a result, he was not abandoned by Jehovah.

This principle holds good at all times for individual servants of Jehovah, and in any endeavour they might seek to engage in collectively at the direction of that same God, Jehovah.

Their united and prophetic declaration of intent is still as worded by Micah:

"For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever." Mic.4:5

This joint declaration is reinforced by their individual determination as described in the words of Habbakuk:

"But I quietly wait for the day of distress, for it is coming upon the people who attack us. Although the fig tree may not blossom, and there may be no fruit on the vines; although the olive crop may fail, and the fields may produce no food; although the flock may disappear from the pen, and there may be no cattle in the stalls; yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah; I will be joyful in the God of my salvation" Hab. 3:16-18.

Individually and collectively, all those who serve Jehovah in the manner described above can expect to be treated "In harmony with the expressions of loyal love to David, which are faithful." Is.55:3.

This is an amplified answer to your question raised  @Noble Berean,

10 hours ago, Noble Berean said:

I assume that God will back me on the condition that I make choices that honor him. But I'm not infallible. I can make mistakes and Jehovah God can remove his backing. Can the same be said for this organization?

And I think it could also be said, in summary, that although Jehovah's servants can make mistakes, Jehovah God may not remove his backing, as long as they respond to His disciplene and correction (as experienced by David).

13 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

success in fulfilling his commission

Only "success" that WT accomplished is "advertise" Gods Kingdom and "publishing" publications on this subject. This are called quantity.

Quality   is another topic. If never ending changes of doctrines, instructions, interpretations some of us want to call as "success" - let it be. :) 

12 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

They’re suggesting, the Watchtower is hiding things

:)))) suggestion or not, if Court aka Secular government aka Gods Servant (look at Bible terminology) ask you, order you to give documents and you respond in manner; "No i have not that documents, but my neighbor (some other sister Company) have it, go to them and ask." - is not that plays calls  "ping-pong" or for observers like we are, disrespect? In fact this is WT lawyers theocratic warfare.  

“Priests operating in areas involving children – such as in schools or medical institutions – may be covered by the legislative requirements of mandatory reporting, however it is unlikely that at this point all theoretical instances involving the confessional seal would be covered by the current legal requirements of mandatory reporting.”

PRIESTS?? 

Jehovah's  Witnesses have priests?? Since when? :)))))))))) JW org say to public little contrary - JW have no priests or clergy.

Why you using Catholic priesthood privileges according to Catholic Church canon law, doctrines and want to apply false Babylon the Great measures and instructions and doctrines to "only true JW religion"?       :))) funny and sad at same time!

Opposers, want the Watchtower to overstep its legal boundaries just to satisfy their own arrogance.

legal boundaries????

I thought that WT and elders are in BIBLE BOUNDARIES as FIRST TO OBEY, and then IF God give permission to "legal boundaries", because "We have to obey God more than men" :)  BIBLE is two-edged sword !  One edge is Secularly Legal and other edge is Godly Legal.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.