The World News Media

Jehovah’s Witnesses in Vietnam Welcome Trump on Sunday

Guest Nicole

HANOI, VIETNAM — The JehovahÂ’s Witnesses in Hanoi, Vietnam has on Sunday welcomed U.S. President Donald Trump to their Kingdom Hall.

Trump joined hundreds of congregants during the groupÂ’s Sunday Public Talk and Watchtower studies.

It is currently not known if Trump’s visit to the meetings was planned but ‘ushers’, otherwise called Attendants, were seen making front-row seat available for the president.

Speaking the press present after the meeting, Trump commended the Vietnamese government for upholding religious freedom in the country. “The status of respect for religious freedom has improved significantly compared to previous years, and I commend the government for such efforts” – Trump said.

The Constitution of Vietnam officially provides for freedom of worship, while the government has imposed a range of legislation restricting religious practices. Despite being a communist country, Vietnam is widely known for its tolerance towards other religions. However, the Government has in the past held discussions about registration and recognition with leaders of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses.

After worshiping with JehovahÂ’s Witnesses in Hanoi Sunday, Trump met with Vietnamese President Tran Dai Quang to continue the dayÂ’s business.

Trump told a joint press conference, “For trade to work, all countries must play by the rules. I am encouraged that Vietnam has recently become the fastest growing export market to the United States. Mr. President, I applaud your efforts to implement economic reforms and increase Vietnam’s trade and investment in all directions. The United States is enthusiastic about reforms that promote economic prosperity for all Vietnamese citizens.”

trump_jw-610x400.jpg

He added, “We just had a great discussion about American goods and services coming into Vietnam. Two-way street. I am confident that American energy, agriculture, financial services, aviation, digital commerce, and defense products are able to meet all of your many commercial needs. And, in fact, not only meet them but what we do is better than anybody else.”

Speaking through a translator, Quang described his meeting with Trump as fruitful, saying, “The president’s state visit to Vietnam marks a milestone in Vietnam-U.S. relations, creating strong momentum for the substantive, effective, and stable development of the bilateral, comprehensive partnership.”

http://texas-express.com/jehovahs-witnesses-in-vietnam-welcome-trump-on-sunday/

• Views 14.1k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't ever disappear like that again! We were worried sick!  I was concerned that you had taken Amos 7:12, which we just covered at the meeting, to heart: O visionary, go, run away to the la

Another problem is that we seem always eager to identify with celebrities.  Don't know why.   Why should we rush these things to the site - what is the benefit to us.  We should take to heart wha

I went to Vietnam in early 2017. I kept some contacts so I'm waiting for a response from Vietnam to check this news

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

I just got off the plane (from Vancouver) and see this when my wi-fi comes back

Don't ever disappear like that again! We were worried sick! 

I was concerned that you had taken Amos 7:12, which we just covered at the meeting, to heart:

O visionary, go, run away to the land of wherever , earn your bread there, and there you may prophesy. But you must no longer prophesy [about]  Bethel.”

Another problem is that we seem always eager to identify with celebrities.  Don't know why.   Why should we rush these things to the site - what is the benefit to us. 

We should take to heart what Jesus  said as to the status of those who love Jehovah and his Son.  They will be persecuted. They are no part of the world and should not court the world.

(Matthew 24:9-12) 9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved. 

Paul said the Christians back there were not ashamed of his prison bonds.

"(Philippians 1:7) 7 It is only right for me to think this regarding all of you, since I have you in my heart, you who are sharers with me in the undeserved kindness both in my prison bonds and in the defending and legally establishing of the good news. . ".

(Colossians 4:2-4) 2 Persevere in prayer, remaining awake in it with thanksgiving. 3 At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open a door for the word so that we can declare the sacred secret about the Christ, for which I am in prison bonds, 4 and that I may proclaim it as clearly as I ought to.

( Matt 25:34)34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’ "

We should identify with those who are suffering for righteousness sake.  (Remember those brothers in Eritrea and Russia  and other places and don't forget to pray for them.)  If we understand the issues regarding universal sovereignty we will understand how we are viewed by Satan and his world.  Our motives for wanting to be in the spotlight and attracting the wrong kind of attention to ourselves should be examined.  Satan would be glad if we attract trouble for ourselves.

21 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

Another problem is that we seem always eager to identify with celebrities.  Don't know why.   Why should we rush these things to the site - what is the benefit to us. 

Some of the silliest people on the planet are celebrities. All of them, really, except our handful.

They lead very atypical lives. They are not subject to the same pressures of everyone else. Their opinions don't matter.

And then there are the nice experiences where celebrities become worshipers of Jehovah to the point of abandoning a self gratifying lifestyle in order to help others get to know Jehovah too.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/VODIntExpTransformations/pub-jwbvs_201612_1_VIDEO

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2015/06/mateo-hangs-up-guitar-turns-to-god/

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.