The World News Media

What does a person have to do to survive Armageddon?

Anna

• Views 10.8k
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of the fact that I do not share much of the Governing Body's explanation, when did the time for Jerusalem's destruction approach them, they did not have to stand up and go? Did not they hav

Thank you to the other contributors. @Gone Fishing has presented excellent reasoning, @JW Insider counter reasoning, @TrueTomHarley realized all too soon this might me one of my "rants" that I do

Has anyone wondered about this? God’s Kingdom Rules! Page 230, par.19 & 20  says: How to Prepare Ourselves 19  How can we prepare ourselves for the earthshaking events that ar

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Noble Berean said:

and the story presented will satisfy most JWs.

How do you think they understand the story?

(Sorry for breaking up my responses like this. I'm in the middle of something, and just keep coming back to read and answer periodically)

Dear Witness,

I can only answer with the restrictions of not being part of an overt group this way,

By exposing contradictory statements.

22 hours ago, Witness said:

“But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.”  Matt 12:36

Does this exclude the Watchtower leaders who mislead thousands with failed prophesies?  

Our responsibility is to uphold Truth – never a lie.  Our responsibility is to uphold scripture, not men’s doctrines.  

22 hours ago, Witness said:

Nana, you have totally misunderstood my intentions.  If anything, I defend the anointed - my brothers and sisters -  against a wicked slave.  I worry about their lives.  I worry and pray for all JWs.  Rev 11:3

These words are simple, yet direct.  They tell the story.

Perhaps those that are allowed by managment to be as salty with their responses can further your agrument.

50 minutes ago, Saladin said:

Dear Witness,

I can only answer with the restrictions of not being part of an overt group this way,

By exposing contradictory statements.

Perhaps those that are allowed by managment to be as salty with their responses can further your agrument.

I am sorry you don't believe me, Saladin.  Most do not, since my message is not very palatable.  It is your choice.  If you dare to read anything I have written on here, you will find consistency in my direction to explain who the anointed are as God's Temple, what they face in the organization, and why it is important to leave the abomination "standing"/sitting in God's Temple.  2 Thess 2:1-12

I am not sure if you are using the excuse that restrictions have been imposed on you, not allowing you to answer more, or if you truly have no further words to tell me.  Although, I am willing to discuss.  

3 hours ago, Anna said:

How do you think they understand the story?

(Sorry for breaking up my responses like this. I'm in the middle of something, and just keep coming back to read and answer periodically)

I believe many will perceive the story exactly as it's presented in the video. It was an end-date that was promoted by "some" rank & file JWs--publishers in congregations like yours and mine. The good JW in the video doesn't become tempted by this hysteria and sees that the Scriptures indicate no man knows the day or hour of Christ's coming. Those that left the org over the frenzy are easily written off as weak in faith.

It's an inaccurate depiction of events, because it leaves out one crucial thing. JWs didn't get the 1975 theory out of thin air. A frenzy generated by local brothers just doesn't make sense knowing what we do about the org. The enthusiasm was generated by the organization which promoted "Stay alive still '75!" and endorsed an Armageddon-prepping mentality in its literature. These JWs--now painted as negative examples--were doing exactly what we're admonished to do today: "Be loyal to the slave!" While our organization doesn't promote an end-date, it still expects unquestioned loyalty in other areas. Has the organization really changed its attitude that much from 1975? Have JWs really learned from it? Or are we destined to repeat it as a new generation rises up?

It's very weird to see a WT produced video that actually shows a JW questioning the direction of the organization against Scripture. It's clearly not framed that way in the video, but anyone with actual knowledge of the event knows that this person wasn't questioning "some" JWs in local congregations but the organization--those taking the lead! So, it's definitely an odd choice to show at a convention--especially when a lot of JWs lived through that era. I almost wonder if there was a version of the script that involved the organization, but during the production references to the org were specifically removed.

• 7 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.