Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Guest Nicole -
James Thomas Rook Jr. -

Top Posters

Guest Nicole

A Jehovah’s Witness Bride wore a Simple Gown To Her White Wedding and the photo has sparked serious debate online.

PicsArt_11-27-09.09.38.jpg

The wedding day itÂ’s always one of the happiest day of a normal lady, but for this Jehovah witness guy, things doesnÂ’t appear to be normal.

PicsArt_11-27-09.09.06.jpg

Could her choice for a simple gown have to do with Jehovah Witnesses doctrine?, while we search for the answer, read what a facebook user who shared the story said

”And someone just did what I’ve always imagined! Now i guess we have demystified white wedding. I love this! I wish I was there at the wedding.” ladies can you wear this to your white wedding? Drop your comments
See photos below

PicsArt_11-27-09.09.23.jpg

Hello guest!

THESE ARE PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW!

21 minutes ago, The Librarian said:

Just run down to the Justice of the Peace at the Courthouse and get married. :-)

That is exactly what Susan and I did when we got married !

As retired engineer and math teacher we are not into impressing anyone.  We got simple, silver wedding bands that cost less than $200, of which we are very proud to wear.

Parties are nice, and I do go to parties ... including my two son's weddings at Kingdom Halls, but people that NEED parties are usually painfully shallow and self-centered ... caring more about others' opinions than what is right or wrong according to a persons NATURAL conscience.

Peer pressure ruins a person, both inside and outside of the Truth, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I

UN MARIAGE TROP ONEREUX N EST PAS UNE GARANTI DE BONHEUR....

Le ?02?/?04?/?2017 à 12:46, The Librarian a dit :

You should use the Gallery area for sharing many photos like this.....

You can even make albums etc...

I made a category called Nature for you. 

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/gallery/category/14-nature/

IMG_1042.JPG

Guest Nicole

The simple is the best in my opinion :) 

3 hours ago, David Normand said:

What's wrong with it? Bride wearing a white dress to her wedding is a relatively modern convention that does nothing but add cost to the wedding and in no way enhances the married life of the participants. 

Nothing wrong with this picture....why follow the traditions of men? Running down to the JP is NOT the same as getting married in the Hall and having a brother marring them and getting Jehovah's blessing. Do not be judging our brothers.

If people want to make it a grand party, and can afford it, and want to do it ... fine.  There is nothing to judge them for.

I had a wedding in a Kingdom Hall many years ago also  ... My eldest son had a Wedding at a Kingdom Hall and a Reception that staggered my perception, but then again, I think an oath between a man and a woman is enough.  I was born in an entirely wrong epoch, and am a Barbarian by nature.

Guest Nicole
4 hours ago, runtifus said:

Running down to the JP is NOT the same as getting married in the Hall and having a brother marring them and getting Jehovah's blessing.

Does it mean that if a JW brother and sister don't get married at a Kingdom Hall and don't have a brother giving a public talk on the stage  for them and other they don't get Jehovah's blessing? 

I  don't think so. 

The best gift Jehovah gives is free will. I was married in a blush pink gown 25 yrs ago. The talk was given by an elder (my father) at a local country club where we also had the reception. Since 3 different congregations were invited, having it at the Hall wasn't practical. We still managed to have an inexpensive happy occasion. Point is, Jehovah is the creator of marriage and does deserve to be involved, but no one should be stumbled if the bride doesn't wear a white pricy dress or they decide to move the venue to a larger location. 

@runtifus A couple who chooses a civil ceremony should also not be made to feel bad in any way. 

Elders are specifically told NOT to offer their personal opinions.  This would also qualify as an area of personal choice. 

The marriage of @James Thomas Rook Jr. Is as valid as someone who has 400 in attendance at an Assembly Hall or Branch. 

I once performed a wedding at a Branch office with about 300 attending. A very elegant wedding and reception.  

I first had to become licensed by the Staten to perform the wedding in the first place. 

Wow it sure is easy to misunderstood on these things. I was simply commenting on someone else's post. Not necessary to marry in the hall with a brother presiding to get Jehovah's blessing.....each to their own. I will keep my comments to myself so as not to be musunderstood. No offense intended.

I personally see no need for an ostentatious expensive wedding unless you come down the aisle on a steam locomotive, with laborers building train tracks ahead of you, and an army of  robed choir blowing trumpets and throwing handfulls of rose petals along the way!

Sacrificing virgins is out, as nowadays virgins are as scarce as volcanoes to throw them into.

(Revelation 19:6-8) . . .And I heard what sounded like a voice of a great crowd and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of heavy thunders. They said: “Praise Jah, because Jehovah our God, the Almighty, has begun to rule as king! 7 Let us rejoice and be overjoyed and give him glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself. 8 Yes, it has been granted to her to be clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”

(Psalm 45:11-14) 11 And the king will long for your beauty, For he is your lord, So bow down to him. 12 The daughter of Tyre will come with a gift; The wealthiest of men will seek your favor. 13 Inside the palace the king’s daughter is absolutely magnificent; Her clothing is adorned with gold. 14 She will be brought to the king in richly woven garments. The virgin companions following her are brought in before you.

(Isaiah 61:10) 10 I will greatly exult in Jehovah. My whole being will rejoice in my God. For he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; He has wrapped me with the robe of righteousness, Just like a bridegroom who wears a turban like that of a priest, And like a bride who adorns herself with her ornaments.

(Revelation 21:2) . . .I also saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

(Jeremiah 7:34) 34 I will put an end to the sound of exultation and the sound of rejoicing, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, for the land will be reduced to ruins.’”

As we can see from the above scriptures, elegance, beauty, richness, magnificence go along with a marriage/wedding.  It is a long held tradition.

Marriage is something truly special and not ordinary, and is related to joy and richness (not necessarily opulence). This is normal; so if people have reactions to a very simple ceremony or even a drab one, do not be shocked at their reaction.   But the decision to be simple is not to be criticized.  Both to be simple and to be ornate are decisions that must be respected.

(Colossians 2:16) 16 Therefore, do not let anyone judge you about what you eat and drink or about the observance of a festival or of the new moon or of a Sabbath…

Nothing is wrong with having special food or not having special food - the glory goes to God.  (1 Corinthians 10:31) "Therefore, whether you are eating or drinking or doing anything else, do all things for God’s glory".

Some girls want a picture of them being a queen for a day; a beautiful wedding dress affords them to have something close to this. Why would we deprive them of that.  If someone dressed up like that for a play or just to have a picture, we would hardly criticize them.  It is just a fantasy but not evil.

Here in Barbados you cannot go to the courthouse even for a copy of a document, dressed in jeans, low-cut blouses, armholes, slippers, etc. You will be turned back.  Traditions and rules allow for continuation of respect for time-honoured values.

We don’t want marriage or the traditions that go along with it to go further down the slippery slope. We have to pray for those who keep the status quo also, so we may continue our work until Jehovah brings the change. (1 Tim 2:2,3).  Jesus said he did not come to destroy the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 5:17) 17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill.   Time-honoured traditions surrounding marriage belong there as well.

Traditions that have a basis in God’s word and societal norms should be respected. Why should we throw everything out. If we throw out all the laws requiring honesty because the majority of people are no longer honest, how would that help? Same thing with throwing out the white dress.  And who said there are no virgins?  People are free to wear what they wish but they must not  expect people not to react. “All things are lawful but not all things are advantageous.”

20 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

If we throw out all the laws requiring honesty because the majority of people are no longer honest, how would that help? Same thing with throwing out the white dress.  And who said there are no virgins?

In 1969 I lived in Hollywood, California, and they were going to have a "Parade of Virgins" marching down Hollywood Blvd. for some reason or another ... but one got sick, and the other would not march by herself.

• Similar Content

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      A group of Mexican women were led to the altar by Peruvian activist Richard Torres to exchange their vows and tie the knot with trees, in San Jacinto Amilpas on Sunday. Brides were dressed in traditional wedding gowns as they approached their tree-grooms to share a kiss. Torres has performed similar ceremonies throughout the world, in 17 countries in total, and has himself married several trees. The first was reportedly in Argentina in 2013. While the ceremonies are not legally binding, the symbolic weddings are based on traditional Inca customs. Torres performs the ceremonies to generate awareness about deforestation and to promote care of environmental issues.
    • By Kurt
      Part of a series on:

See also posts tagged Coco Rocha on jw-archive.org

Destination Luxury had the esteemed pleasure of working with Americana Cinema to document the wedding of Supermodel Coco Rocha and artist James Conran. Shot at Chateau Challain in France, it was one of the most magical weddings captured on film.
      Directed by Gilbert Le, Americana Cinema
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Harry P. Ryan and Kathelene R. (Everly) Ryan recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary at a celebration sponsored by family and friends held at Running Deer Golf Club in Pittsgrove. They were married on Feb. 11, 1967 at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses in Millville.
      The couple have two sons, Bruce Ryan, married to Candace Comegys Ryan, and Neill Ryan, married to Deanne Pierce Ryan. They also have four grandchildren, Sydney Ryan, Sabrina Ryan, Tre’ Smith and Evan Smith.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      I make a lot of the gifts I give, and often they’re small.  So when I found this punch board that lets you make scrapbook paper DIY gift boxes, I knew I would use it a lot!  Not only does it work great for small gifts, it’s also perfect for making up favor boxes for your party or DIY wedding.  I’m going to show you today how quickly you can punch and fold a gift box, and give you an idea for how to dress it up to make it wedding-worthy, or to make that gift to your friend extra-special.

Supplies needed to make your own rustic DIY gift boxes:
      We R Memory Keepers Gift Box Punch Board
      2.5 inch Wide Burlap Ribbon (About 12 inches)
      Hemp or Jute Twine (About 30 inches)
      Scrapbook Paper – one sheet for each box (I used white 8×8 sheets for this project, but you can use any size between 6×6 and 12×12)
      Floral Accents (Optional. I used Petaloo Chantilly adhesive blossoms, but you can use anything to match your color theme!)

The supplies for these DIY gift boxes go a long way, which makes them a great choice for making up several for your wedding or party.  The box size I made is 3.25 inches x 3.25 inches x 1.75 inches, but the punch gives instructions for making short, tall, or square boxes using any size paper 6×6 inches to 12×12 inches.  Choosing a different size will mean you need more or less burlap and twine, but you can plan on these supplies making about 30 boxes – and less than 40 cents each, before you add the embellishment that matches your theme.  The idea I’ll be showing you today comes out to $1 each.

The great part, too, is how quickly they make up.  Especially if you get a few friends together, punching and assembling, you can make up these DIY gift boxes in just a couple of minutes!  In fact – I’m sharing a video how the punch board works, so that you can see how quickly they come together.
      You can see how in just a few minutes, you can make up something shabby chic, elegant, or colorful – and customize them any way that suits your party theme!

http://blog.consumercrafts.com/paper-crafts/rustic-diy-gift-boxes/
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Thope
    Newest Member
    Thope

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.