Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Witness -
Witness -

Top Posters

What follows is my partial response to a letter, which accurately expressed and represented the tribulation now being experienced, by many.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

My response:

I am so very glad that you contacted me. Please read the scriptures as you come to them. The central body of learning which I offer you, is found within them.

Regarding the links, I hope you will return to them in a second reading, to go into more depth about my statements and cited scriptures.

I will go right to one comment you made, because if I don't address it first, all that follows may not have value to you.

You said;

"I wanted to ask is this; since you are  
in contact with other anointed Christians, are all of your anointed  
associates a product of the Watch Tower Society? That is, are there not  others, outside of the Society, that have been called? 

Since I view many of  the new and current views of the Society to be an apostatizing, I would  tend to question the provenance of all anointed issuing forth from that  source."

The best way to address your concerns about anointed former members of the "WT", is to give you some facts for your own consideration...

Satan has demanded to "sift" each Chosen one 
(Luke 22:311Pet.4:12James 5:10-11Job 1:8,12John15:20Rev.12:101John2:14
by using his "world" (1John5:19John15:18) of the Jewish system (John8:22-23), against them...

[to see the identity of that "world"/"system" of the scriptures that 

does the persecuting , (See: Greek- system/arrangement/adornment):

The Chosen must be subjected to the same tests and trials which Jesus endured. They accomplish this by following closely, the exact pattern of his example, symbolized by his "path"...

(John16:2814:2864Luke 9:23Rev.14:4 B; Heb.13:13;

2Cor.1:5Phil.3:10Rom.6:51Pet.2:21), 

...up to the capacity which each one is able to endure them (1Cor.10:13). 
If they take the same full course of Christ, they can reach the Father (John14:6Matt.11:2718:10Eph.2:6Rom.8:9Matt.5:8).

Traversing the full course of Christs example, means that like Christ, the Kingdom candidates must start out in subjection to the influential power of the leaders of God's genuine people/the "world"

(Gal.4:4John1:11Matt.15:241John4:9John1:12,108:23), 

and faithfully conquer their hatred and opposition, as Christ did 

(John16:3314:301John2:14-15John8:40Mark 9:31John19:6-715:18Matt.24:9John16:2Mark 13:13).

A glaring contrast appears, between the genuine path presented by Christ, when compared to the counterfeit "Peace and security" and "spiritual paradise" that is offered to anointed, by the "WT" (1Cor.4:2,8-13Rev.3:17-18). Accepting that false safe harbor, brings them under the "operation of error" -2Thess.2:9-12Col.2:8Rev.13:10Luke 21:24 . The flimsy and vain protection they offer (Rev.6:15-16) is a lie... a snare, sourced with Satan (Matt.16:21-23Luke12:19-202Thess.2:9-111Thess.5:3-461Pet.5:8
(Rev.16:13-151Tim.4:1). This demonic delusion is designed to lull Gods Chosen into spiritual sleep, and prevent them from ever completing their gamut of faithfulness against that "safe harbor"/lie/apostate nation of God 

(Eze.13:10-14Jer.23:16-178:116:13-15Rev.16:21Ps.18:13147:171Thess.5:3

(Eph.5:6,112Pet.3:10Jer.13:26Rev.17:16-17Nahum 3:5Jer.51:25Rev.8:8Zech.4:7

(Rev.11:3,5Jer.5:14Hosea 6:5Rev.16:8Jer.23:29Matt.10:20)

Satan's snare is camouflaged by a counterfeit Mount Zion (Rev.14:1). They claim that their "mountain-like organization" (Zech.4:7;Jer.51:25Rev.8:8), is the fulfillment of Isa.2:1-2 ... even though the next verse reads (Isa.2:3); "The law will go out from Zionthe word of the Lord from Jerusalem.". Although they claim that the "governing body" are representatives of Zion; they also claim that those men are fallible. To ascribe fallibility and a lack of spirit-inspiration to Mount Zion (and, "the word of the Lord"), is blasphemy.
Additionally, the Organization's  heirarchy of "overseers" made up of spiritual Gentiles (Rom.2:28-29)), is an impersonation of the spirit-directed Body of Christ (Rev.13:15) (John20:22,21)... both due to be revealed and exposed in the time of the end (Isa.28:17;Nahum 3:52Thess.2:8).

Naturally, one could not complete the course of Christ, unless they were surrounded by the same circumstances and challenges, and offered the same "path". 

I submit to you on the basis of the collective experiences of all present and sober anointed ones, that the "WT" is the only place they can come under the dominion of apostate religious leaders, who authentically lead, represent, and are, "God's chosen people" (Isa.43:211Pet.2:9-10) (Luke12:42,45-48), such as those who persecuted Christ (Matt.15:2420:18-19John19:111:11). 

The various erroneous doctrines sourced in "Christendom" cannot successfully subvert and take captive (Col.2:8), those who have been anointed by God's spirit (1John2:20,27). Only the "WT" has succeeded in misleading (Matt.24:24-25Luke 21:24Rev.13:10,7) and "killing" them (Rev.6:1111:7), and prophecy tells us why, and how.

Therefore, those anointed who are waking up from the "WT",

(Mark 13:34John10:2-4Isa.42:1649:9) (2Cor.6:17Rev.18:4Matt.24:15-16)

should not so much be viewed as tainted, but rather, as being tested (1Cor.3:12-15) and refined (Zech.13:9Mal.3:1-3).

Yet I will tell you, that when I was anointed by God through Christ, it was just previous to my first contact by the "WT". I was not a "JW" at the time of my anointing. It has been made clear to me by Christ, that the immediate contact by, and joining the Organization which ensued after my anointing, was my initiation into my gamut of testing in the pattern of Christ.

We are clearly told that God's genuine priesthood in the time of the end, require refining from defilement/wormwood. 

(Mal.3:1-3Eze.22:30Zech.3:1,3-4,8Rev.3:17-1813:7Dan.8:11-1311:362Thess.2:4Mark 13:14)  

(Rev.10:108:10-11Jer.23:15

That would not be necessary, if they were not coming from a place of spiritual and doctrinal defilement (Rev.2:20).

Having addressed your question about the authenticity of anointed who are now regarded as "apostates" from the "WT", 

(Mark 13:13John16:2Matt.25:6Heb.13:13Rev.11:3,7-10Luke 17:33,37)

and their reliability as trustworthy priests (Mal.2:7)... 

...It cannot be taken for granted (1John4:11Tim.4:1Rev.16:13-16), that all ex-"JW" chosen ones are sources of "the proper food at the proper time" (Luke12:42). Scripture exhorts and equips us, to discern this on an individual basis, determined through what is offered (Matt.7:20Luke 6:43,45) (LINK).

Of the number of anointed who have obeyed Christ (Matt.24:16Rev.18:4), not all are being fully refined, nor offering "the proper food at the proper time". Yet a few, are.

I hope you have at least determined that a period of unfaithful ignorance, is not equivalent to permanent uselessness 

(Zech.13:9Rom.9:27-28Isa.65:8Jer.3:21-22Isa.22:12Rev.11:3).

With this in mind, I will respond as best as I am able to various points you raise in your letter, and if there is one that I neglect, please let me know. 

Because of my responding before to others who have written to me, there will be some points for which I have and will, provide a *link*. The link will contain deeper and further scriptural information on the subject at hand. 

I hope you will not view such references as an impersonal response, because I will tailor such references as close as possible to my best appraisal of your need, and great care has gone into making the scriptural information contained at each *link*, thorough, relevant, and substantial. Parts of an article may seem irrelevant to you, but if the *link* is cited, there is something of import in the article, that does relate. I hope you can extend the needed patience in this regard.

I can see from your comments, that you are relatively new to the writings at my Blog. For this reason, what follows is a Bible course of study, tailored to the individual needs expressed in your letter. Those needs are actually becoming more common among those who write to me, so my response to you will be helpful to many. 

I'm sure you will need to divide the material into segments. I hope you will take your time, and attend each section with as careful attention as was given to it's composition.

Again, if any coverage of a topic is found lacking for you personally, I am eager to address the need. In addition to tending to you, it will also help supplement the overall resources offered at the Blog.

- ONE  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

First I will say that I relate to much of your expressed experiences, while within the "Watchtower". I was in from 1975, until my disfellowshipping in 2011 for "causing divisions" 

(Luke 12:51John7:4310:19-20). 

According to prophecy, the distressing "cognitive dissonance" with "WT" doctrine which you mention, initially plagues the anointed who are capable of repentance, to be followed by it breaking out upon the "rest" [symbolized in Revelation, as "earth, sea, trees" (Rev.7:38:7;Zech.13:9)]. This is a new thought to those coming out from the "WT"... specifically... that the Great Tribulation is spiritual, not physical. 
(Luke21:25Isa.17:12Joel 2:1-2Rev.9:2-313:1) (LINK). 
The Greek word for "tribulation" is 

G2347 thlípsis – properly, pressure (what constricts or rubs together), used of a narrow place that "hems someone in"; tribulation, especially internal pressure that causes someone to feel confined (restricted, "without options") and carries the challenge of coping with the internal pressure of a tribulation, especially when feeling there is "no way of escape" (mentally "hemmed in").

Luke19:43Hosea 2:6Mark 15:17Eze.28:23-24

You speak of the evident "confusion" (meaning of "Babylon") which is manifested by these vacillating doctrines of the "WT". 

Yes, this is also what the Bible refers to as "shifting sands", "churning sea casting up mire and mud" ("waters" that lack clarity -Eze.34:19), and "shifting shadows" (darkness that keeps changing), 

which the Bible indicates would identify the false prophet/wicked steward, who was due to arrive with dominion over the Chosen, in the time of the end.

(Matt.24:24-251Tim.4:1Rev.13:13-1613:11,14-1519:2014:8Jer.51:7)

In contrast, those priests who faithfully represent Christ by teaching his truth (Matt.7:24Rev.22:1James 1:17), would have immovable consistency (John15:16Rom.3:4 B).

-  TWO -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

You then speak of a job that took you away from "WT" indoctrination for a time, and upon your return, you perceived a discrepancy between past and present teachings. You cite the futility of learning tenets and teaching them, only to later be told that they are outdated and obsolete.

What you are observing, is just what the Bible foretold about the teachings of this particular religious empire which holds captive, the anointed. I think you will recognize the connection with prophecy, if you understand the interpretation of the symbolic "three" "froglike expressions" of Rev.16:13.

A frog goes through many changes as it develops from an egg to an adult. If we were to constantly observe it's development, we would not clearly notice it's transformation. 

If we were to remove ourselves from observing its development, only to return at a much later time, we may not even believe that it was the same creature. Gradual transformation from accepted truths, to accepted lies, is a tactic of Satan.

-  THREE -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

I am extremely sorry for the loss of your daughter. I can only imagine the heartache. Yet please know that you are not alone in experiencing loss of children. I understand that it is not the same as physical death... but it is now common for many to lose their children in other ways, due to the organization. I have lost two daughters. One is still captive and zealous in the organization, and I have not had contact with her, in years. The other was so damaged by the "elders", that she went off the deep end, into sin, drugs, and mental illness. She blames all of her problems, on my raising her in the Organization. She despises me for it. Our pain might cause us to lash out at God (Rev.16:11) (Job 1:22). But if we stop to consider that loss of children, cooling of love, family conflict, and many other distresses, were all a part of Christ's confiding to his disciples, what we must expect of these times in which we are. 

He gave such warnings, in the hope that we would not be overcome, but rather, would recognize the reality of our spiritual circumstances and our place in the time-line of prophecy. The "Great Tribulation", is just that. It is the greatest spiritual oppression, to ever arise upon Christians. If it's Satanic deceptive powers were not limited by God, even the Chosen could not be saved from it (Luke 18:26-27;Matt.24:22,13).

Although it may seem like stale bread... the observing of such fulfillment **among the authentic ChosenIS an indication of the approaching End 

(Luke 21:28-31Mark 13:19-20,28-361Cor.15:24-25Ps.110:1-2Rev.17:14).

-  FOUR -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Ec.7:7 reads;

"Surely oppression destroys a wise man’s reason,
And a bribe debases the heart."

I deeply regret how all your oppression has impacted your wife.

Even the wise can lose their sanity when tribulation becomes severe. I myself, was driven to an attempt of suicide. But I hope that you will not give up in your trying to understand the bigger picture of our present reality; Because with that understanding, comes a way out. Once your hold on truth is firm, you may be able to comfort and assist your wife to that same freedom. I am not saying that full healing from the loss of a child can come in this life. But I assure you that hope and peace are within reach, 
for those who do not give up (Matt.7:724:13John14:27).

Regarding your comment about Christ's "return" and "invisible presence", please consider these scriptures... 

(Acts1:11Rev.1:7Heb.12:1Matt.24:3016:4Luke 17:20-21

Rev.3:31Thess.5:23:13Jude 1:14Rev.19:11,1417:14;
 2Cor.10:3-55:20Matt.24:45Rev.1:76:9-1111:7)

-  FIVE -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

Lastly,

you state; "I guess I lack an assured expectation of things hoped for. ".

Please clarify for us, in your mind, what hopes we had, as well as the hopes to which "JW's" still cling. Were they not false hopes? These too, Bible prophecy, identified and foretold 

(2Thess.2:1-3Luke 17:20-24) (Deut.18:20-22).

What I am saying, is that it is not wrong for you to let go of the false hopes which we were previously given (Heb.13:14Rom.8:2512:12)...

as long as we replace them with authentic reason for hope.

Regarding a premature expectation of Christ 

[and the reason why he seems to "delay" (Luke 12:45-46Hosea 6:5Hab.2:2-3)],

these *links* may help.

I hope I have covered all the points you raised, and have given you an ample start to learning and perceiving what God's Word has to say on those issues and subjects.

As always, I am here for questions.

I know my responses tend to be copious, but I must offer as much of what I have been given, as is possible, in my desire to be found faithful and diligent in feeding Christ's sheep... especially those who are in distress.

In my own experience of regaining my spiritual sight, I remember the steps I had to go through, as I peeled away "WT" deception by means of spirit and truth, by the grace of God. 

I know that each puzzle piece is hard to fit into one's previous faith (Mark 2:22), unless the related concepts are also addressed. This is why I try to anticipate the same objections and questions which I myself went through during my process of being "set free". 

(John8:32) (Isa.49:9Eze.34:14Matt.24:16).

Rather than leave such a problem to arise, I hope to smooth the path, by anticipating how a "WT" doctrine might cause one to stumble at a particular point. This is why I provide *links* to common objections or questions to the subject at hand. Yet each person is an individual, so if there is something not covered, just let me know. Thank you for your good questions. If you conclude that what is written here, is true; please heed it's guidance, and share it. If so, I hope you will also associate with our group, to afford yourself some comfort and support. Though we are few, we treasure our precious harmony of faith.

(*links* can be found in this article on Pearl Doxsey’s blog)

May God's spirit be with you, as you examine the wisdom of His guidance, found in His Word.

Love in Christ,

Pearl

(Pearl Doxsey 4womaninthewilderness)

• Similar Content

• By Witness
      I was having a conversation the other day, about the weather patterns happening across the United States.  Beginning again today in the western U.S., flooding rain has presented a potential danger of more destruction to occur in the burned over areas, resulting from the previous two years of massive fires.   
      The earth can benefit from cleansing fires that rid the unruly undergrowth below a forest’s trees, by only removing the thick flammable brush and weeds, as well as downed diseased trees, making way for new growth, new life.  In various state agencies, the practice of “controlled burns” benefits the soil’s fertility and increases wildlife habitat with new sustainable growth. 
       Those trees that experience a cleansing forest fire, grow stronger and green with life.  I have seen the evidence of this type of fire where I live.  When walking through woods, some of the older trees bear the charcoal marks of a past fire from long ago, that still allowed them to stand and reach great heights.     
      However, fires that burn extremely hot, remove all evidence of life.  On earth’s sloping grades -- its hills and mountains -- the land becomes unstable, allowing rainfall of large proportion to wash earth’s soil away.  It moves as a flooding, murky river; which on the California coast, eventually reaches the sea.   
      In the Bible, God’s people under covenant with Him, have been and are, compared to elements in nature. They are referred to as trees, the earth, and mountains/hills.    At the time of the end, a messenger is sent to the anointed remnant– these “living stones”/"trees" of God’s Temple sanctuary. Matt 11:10,14; Luke 1:17; Rev 11:3,4; 1 Pet 2:5,9   
       They are “measured” according to God’s Word, fulfilled in the teachings of Christ. Ezek 40:3,20; Amos 7:7,8; Isa 28:17; Rev 11:1,2; 21:15   
      God said, “IS NOT MY WORD LIKE FIRE?”—this is the Lord’s declaration—“and like a hammer that pulverizes rock?”  Jer 23:29 
      “See, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me. Then the Lord you seek will suddenly come to His TEMPLE, the Messenger of the covenant you desire—see, He is coming,” says the Lord of Hosts. 2 But who can endure the day of His coming? And who will be able to STAND when He appears? For He will be like a refiner’s fire and like cleansing lye.”  Mal 3:2
      Can you picture this raging “fire” blowing through the forest of “trees”, its intense flames licking at their roots? 
      "And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner." (Rev 11:5) 
      If God’s people submit to the cleansing fire of His Word, allowing their hearts/“ground”/”earth” to be purified of all lies – of all thorns, weeds and thistles -  they will stand firmly rooted in truth. Luke 8:8; John 17:17; Prov 2:1; 2 Thess 2:15; Rom 14:4; Heb 12:6-11  
      They will bear the mark of God, from the necessary refinement needed; to thrive as a faithful priest with roots that grow deep in stable “ground”.    Zech 13:9; Isa 48:10; Col 1:23; Luke 6:45; Deut 11:18; Heb 8:10 
      They become forever part of the immovable mountain of God, Holy Zion, as priests who will administer to Him, and to His Son, as the Bride. As the fulfilled covenant, they will be trees of life, bringing “healing to the nations”, to all of God’s children in the Kingdom. Isa 2:1-3; Ezek 47:12; Rev 22:1,2,17; Mal 2:7 
      “He will be like a refiner and purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver. Then they will present offerings to the Lord in righteousness.”  Mal 3:3
       Yet, many do not stand up and take notice of the fire raging around them.  They are weak, burdened down by the “thorns and weeds” that have grown over them, infiltrating their heart. Prov 4:19; 1 Cor 3:18; Rev 16:15 They face imminent “fiery” destruction.  2 Pet 3:7,10-13  
      "Therefore this is what the LORD God Almighty says: "Because the people have spoken these words, I will make my words in your mouth a fire and these people the wood it consumes."   Jer 5:14
      What are they doing wrong?   
      Jesus said, “If you HOLD TO MY TEACHING, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”    John 8:31,32 
      The anointed in the WT have filled their hearts with the words and decrees of men, who have deceived them into accepting their demon-inspired lies. Luke 21:8; Rev 16:13,14   The entire “land” of God has become filled with iniquity, from “Wormwood’s” poisoned waters. (1 Cor 3:9)  Yet, they have become convinced that God will deliver them from all harm.  Jer 6:14  The fiery mark they bear, is that of Revelation’s Beast and its guiding head, the false prophet of Rev. 13:1,2,11-13,16,17. 
      Truth in Christ has set those who submit to God’s refining fire, free of false doctrine, failed and replaced teachings; which are thorns and thistles that choke out the Word of God. Matt 13:7,22   Satan has made sure that escaping this tangled captive environment will be difficult.  “Locust/scorpions” deliver the lies that are planted and watered at the root of trees soon to lose foothold on the pure teachings of truth in Christ. Jer 7:4,8; Ezek 44:6-9; Rev 9:7; Nahum 3:17; Eph 4:25,27; Rev 9:1-3
      Life-giving water can travel throughout an entire tree, beginning at the root.  “Wormwood’s” teachings reach the heart of the anointed, and can slowly choke the “life” from each one.  Jer 17:13; John 4:10; 7:37,38  
      They are allowing false prophets and their “army” to influence and mold their hearts instead of the Father (Phil 1:6; 2:13); leading to weakness and the inability to stand in the day of God’s “fiery” judgment.  Eph 2:10,19-22; Jude 1:15,12,24  
      All of the anointed remnant are exposed to this to this time of testing. 1 Cor 3:13; Mark 9:49,50   All JWs residing with them, are also under its effect.  Matt 24:4,5,24,25,21  
      “I will come to you in judgment, and I will be ready to witness against sorcerers and adulterers; against those who swear falsely; against those who oppress the widow and the fatherless, and cheat the wage earner; and against those who deny justice to the foreigner. They do not fear Me,” says the Lord of Hosts. 
      “Since the days of your fathers, you have turned from My statutes; you have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord of Hosts.  Mal 3:3-5,7 
      Can you understand, JWs, that it is God’s statutes that have been broken the Watchtower.  Would God make up new statutes other than those He gave us in Christ?  Is another Bible being written by your leaders? 
      “Now, Israel, listen to the statutes and ordinances I am teaching you to follow, so that you may live, enter, and take possession of the land YHVH, the God of your fathers, is giving you. 2 You must not add anything to what I command you or take anything away from it, so that you may keep the commands of the Lord your God I am giving you.”  Deut 4:1,2
       There is, among so many, statutes that God has outlined for His priesthood, that the Watchtower has clearly broken.   
      No one is to represent God’s priesthood, but, Wt’s leaders have allowed men not anointed to be your counterfeit priests, which is the elder body. 2 Chron 13:9   
       No one is to “enter” God’s Temple; yet, the elder body has authority to “set itself up” and rules over His priesthood. Ezek 44:6-9; Num 18:7; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev 13:5-7  
       We are not to give our allegiance to anything made by men, but JWs dedicate themselves to an earthly organization. Rom 1:25   It rivals the true God in power and authority over YOU.  Spiritual “Israel” and those with them, have become idolaters.  Rev 13:8,4 
        No one is to replace Jesus Christ as the Head of the anointed Body; yet, the GB expects obedience of the anointed priests and YOU, to obey THEM.  Matt 24:24, 48-51; 1 Cor 7:23; Rom 6:16
      There are only two choices for the Called and Chosen Anointed:
      Remain in union with Christ, be refined, and bear fruit for salvation  (John 15:5; Prov 18:20; Heb 13:15; 1 Tim 4:16)
      Or, if they leave Christ (John 15:4,5; Col 2:19), they will eventually have their self-sourced work/doctrines, (OR the rotten fruit of the false prophets whom they follow -Ezek 14:10; Rev 2:23), burned up by the spirit of the truth  (John 5:31; 8:54; 7:18; 15:4,6; 16:13,14)   (Zech 9:4; Rev 14:10).    
      Once the lies we may believe and teach, are exposed and consumed by Truth  (Luke 8:17; John 16:8,13-15; Rev 1:1; 22:6; 1 Cor 3:13)
      we can either humbly be refined by that fire  (Isa 48:10; Zech 13:9; Mal 3:1-3; Jer 9:7; Mark 9:49; 1 Cor 3:13,15; 1 Pet 1:7; Rev 15:2; John 15:3; Mat 7:24) 
      OR, suffer eventual destruction   (Matt 3:12; 13:40; 25:41; 7:26; Luke 3:9; 2 Thess 1:8; Rev 20:9,10,15; 21:8) .  Pearl Doxsey, "Fire From Heaven"
      I remember thinking I had found the truth that would set me free when joining the Wt. organization.  What I “saw” with my eyes and heard with my ears, seemed to be the assured promise of life, until one wicked lie after another began encroaching on my heart.  Failed teachings, and men expecting your obedience to them, and to the idol/organization they promote, is captivity.  The combination cannot sustain life. Col 2:8; Gal 1:10; 2 Tim 2:26 
      What about you, JWs? Do you realize your foothold in Christ’s pure teachings is eroding away at a very rapid pace?  Ps 69:1,2; Jer 2:13     
      There is a mountain of “earth” that is rushing to the sea, being brought down by a flood of lies. Unable to stand when God’s fire culminates, “earth” and its “vegetation”, will be washed down as mud and debris are washed from the side of burned-out slope; soon to be consumed by the sea.  Ezek 6:1-3; Rev 8:7; Matt 24:39   
      “The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain ABLAZE WITH FIRE was hurled into the sea. So a third of the sea became blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.”  Rev 8:8,9
      Because of the severe danger in California during this series of rainstorms, concerted efforts are in place to alert people to leave the area of potential landslides due to torrential rains. They are taking this destructive threat very seriously.  Please, listen to the fiery warning that God’s Word carries to all in the Watchtower organization.  Think carefully on what “words” you fill your heart with.  Are they strictly from the Bible, or are they thorns and thistles delivered by poisoned water, that locust/scorpions to make sure to grow thick within your own heart?  Jer 5:31
      Once the counterfeit mountain is “pulverized” by the flaming Word of God,  Mount Zions rises under nourishing rains blessed with life.  Its “trees”/”earth” will be firmly established for eternity.  
       Test Me in this way,” says the Lord of Hosts. “See if I will not open the floodgates of heaven and pour out a blessing for you without measure. 11 I will rebuke the devourer( meaning:  “perhaps locusts”)  for you, so that it will not ruin the produce of your land and your vine in your field will not fail to produce fruit,” says the Lord of Hosts. 12 “Then all the nations will consider you fortunate, for you will be a delightful land,” says the Lord of Hosts.
        Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other. The Lord listened and took note, and a scroll of remembrance was written in his presence about those who fear the Lord and honor His name. 17 “They’ll be mine,” says the Lord of the Heavenly Armies, “in the day when I prepare my treasured possession. I’ll spare them, just as a man spares his own son who serves him. 18 When you return, you will see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, and between the one who serves God and the one who does not.”  Mal 3:16-18

• By JOHN BUTLER
      I don't believe in life being predestined, preplanned, but some scriptures seem to show otherwise. Or is interpretation wrong ?
      Pauls says at Ephesians 1  3  Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,b4  as he chose us to be in union with him before the founding of the world, that we should be holy and unblemished before him in love. 5  For he foreordained us to be adopted as his own sons through Jesus Christ, according to his good pleasure and will, ... 
       Foreordained = (of God or fate) appoint or decree (something) beforehand. 
      Now is this correct translation of the scripture or not ? Did God know Adam would sin ? Did God have plans for a 'heavenly class ' 144,000 anyway ?
      My brain can only take in so much at once and although i would have read this a hundred times or more I've only just began to think on this particular scripture. But it made me think on another scripture. 
      Romans 9 v 10 through 13. 
      Not only then but also when Re·bekʹah conceived twins from the one man, Isaac our forefather; 11  for when they had not yet been born and had not practiced anything good or bad, so that God’s purpose respecting the choosing might continue dependent, not on works, but on the One who calls,12  it was said to her: “The older will be the slave of the younger.” 13  Just as it is written: “I loved Jacob, but Eʹsau I hated.”
      ( As a note here I could not find this scripture by searching in JW Org but found it immediately by putting it as a question into google. Google showed BibleHub and there it is. )
      God chose Jacob before Jacob was even born. Why ? How ? Predestination ? Jacob's life pre-planned by God ? 
      There are probably more examples but i think these two serve the purpose. Does God have plans for all of us or only a chosen few ? 

• By Witness
      As Jesus was leaving the temple, one of his disciples said to him, “Look, Teacher! What massive stones! What magnificent buildings!”  Mark 13:1 
      I never realized just how massive and magnificent these stones were, until doing a bit of research.  From their quarrying to their installation, the construction feat of Herod the Great’s temple in Jerusalem still marvels the world.  Cut from a limestone quarry above the ancient Temple Mount, some stones of the temple wall and retaining wall weighed up to 160,000 pounds while many a mere, but still impressive, two tons. Each of these stones is the reversed image of a typical framed piece of art, with a raised flat center and embossed edges, a masonry technique called “ashlar”. The larger of the ashlars are cornerstones weighing up to 80 tons, 40 feet long, 8 feet wide and 3 ½ feet tall.  The temple building, fifteen stories tall, was made out of white marble, and embellished with gold.  A hundred sixty-two pillars of grandeur formed from single blocks of white marble, lined the colonnade in the location of the “Royal Porch”.  The historian Josephus remarked that the temple appeared as a shimmering “snowy mountain” in the sunlight.   
      Within the inner court at the location of the altar of sacrifice, the stonework changed to unhewn stones following God’s decrees in Deut 27:4-8 and Exod 20:25 (Dan 2:34; 1 Pet 2:4,5).  At its entrance to the inner court, a stone now housed in the museum in Istanbul has the following inscription concerning foreigners: 
      "Let no foreigner enter within the parapet and the partition which surrounds the Temple precincts. Anyone caught [violating] will be held accountable for his ensuing death."     (Ezek 44:6-9; 2 Chron 13:9)        
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deut+27%3A4-8%3B+Exod+20%3A25%3BDan+2%3A34%3B+1+Pet+2%3A4%2C5%3B+Ezek+44%3A6-9%3B+2+Chron+13%3A9+&version=NIV
      Herod enlarged the footprint of Solomon and Zerubbabel’s earlier accomplishments to around 35 acres. What was his motivating factor for taking on such a tremendous project?  He had established a reputation for enhancing many cities and building pagan temples, but Jerusalem was his capital and thus far, fell behind in works of achievements. Also, his reputation among the majority of the Jews was less than appealing; being known as a brutal tyrant appointed by, and upholding the Roman emperor, although he being a Jew. He heavily taxed the citizens to support his ambitious effort. Building the temple was an act of appeasement as “king of the Jews”, but more so, it appears to be the result of his insatiable desire to build upon his fame and legacy to follow.   
      As Edomites of the lineage of Esau, Jacob’s brother, his family line converted to Judaism in the second century b.c.; yet, Herod’s luxurious life-style and appointment by Rome was unacceptable by the majority of Jews.   On ,the one hand he insisted on Jewish priests to build the temple, but for political advantage he eventually appointed high priests from outside of the traditional Levitical priesthood to serve in the temple – a contradiction of the stone’s writings near the inner court.   
      This man spearheaded what historians call the “Massacre of the Innocents” in his attempt to find and kill, the young Jesus – the “chief cornerstone” of the spiritual Temple of God and a perceived threat to his kingship. Herod, the rebellious hunter acting in the same manner as his Edomite descendants, was obsessed with keeping power at all costs; and it brought about his mental and physical ruin.  Jesus was still a child when he died an excruciating death from chronic kidney disease and its complications.  Matt 2:3,4,7,8,19,20      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matt+2%3A3%2C4%2C7%2C8%2C19%2C20&version=NIV
      “Do you see all these great buildings?” replied Jesus. “Not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”  Mark 13:2 
      Herod’s massive stone legacy was attacked by the Romans and their siege engines, beginning in 66 c.e. and ending with complete destruction of the temple in 70 c.e.  
      Today, we have an intriguing correlation to Herod, his tyranny and his desire to build a legacy in stone, manifested in the leadership of the Watchtower organization.   We see again a spiritual progeny of Esau (Edom) building “Jehovah’s Mountain”, which is taught as the avenue for “God’s people” to stream in from the desolate places of Christendom.  Mal 1:4;Obad 1:2-4; Jer 49:4; Heb 12:15-17; Rev 8:10,11     https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mal+1%3A4%3BObad+1%3A2-4%3B+Jer+49%3A4%3B+Heb+12%3A15-17%3B+Rev+8%3A10%2C11+++&version=NIV
      Wt 55/12/15  In great numbers the inhabitants of the isles are hearing the call of the Right Shepherd, Jesus Christ, as they hasten to flee to Jehovah’s mountainlike ORGANIZATION. 
      Would the chief cornerstone of God’s SPIRITUAL Temple call individuals to a deceiving stone imagery, under the pretense of offering “peace and security”? John 18:36; Rev 13:1,4-8,15;1 Thess 5:1-3   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+18%3A36%3B+Rev+13%3A1%2C4-8%2C15%3B1+Thess+5%3A1-3&version=NIV
      The woman at the well in John 4 commented: 
      “Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”  “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father NEITHER ON THIS MOUNTAIN NOR IN JERUSALEM 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers MUST worship in the Spirit and in truth.”  John 4:20-24
      JWs, please consider the Watchtower 2016 No. 2 pp. 8-10 comment on these scriptures:
       “The Jewish temple was a tangible structure at a specific geographic location. But spirit and truth are not material, nor are they limited to any physical place. Thus, Jesus was explaining that true Christian worship WOULD NOT BE CENTERED IN OR DEPENDENT ON ANY MATERIAL STRUCTURE OR PHYSICAL LOCATION, whether Mount Gerizim, the temple in Jerusalem, or any other sacred place.”
      Now, notice the brief quip from this video about assembly halls entitled, “Caring for Centers of Pure Worship”:
      “The assembly hall is an educational center.  This is A CENTER OF PURE WORSHIP for all the congregations that come. Taking care of JEHOVAH’S HOUSE is part of sacred service, even going back to the temple everyone had an assignment.  They had someone open the doors, of course they also had someone maintaining things.”
      (Please read 1 Chron 23:28 to see who “everyone” refers to) https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Chron+23%3A28+&version=NIV
      In an off-handed way, Watchtower’s gathering places are compared to the early temple, as places of “sacred service” in “Jehovah’s House”.  The only “house” sanctioned by God since the destruction of Jerusalem’s temple, is the anointed Body of Christ where spiritual sacred service is to be carried out by his priesthood. 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; Eph 2:20-22; 1 Cor 3:9; Heb 3:6; 1 Pet 4:17; Rom 12:1; 2 Cor 9:12,13  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Pet+2%3A5%2C9%3B+1+Cor+3%3A16%2C17%3B+Eph+2%3A20-22%3B+1+Cor+3%3A9%3B+Heb+3%3A6%3B+1+Pet+4%3A17%3B+Rom+12%3A1%3B+2+Cor+9%3A12%2C13++&version=NIV
      In this video, Wt. is basically telling JWs to forego their previous remark, and maintain “Herod’s” impressive buildings and pagan “shrines”.  The organization has a large portfolio of them, as did Herod the Great.
      We can see a grim future for the anointed “living stones”/priesthood of the Temple of God residing under the spiritual progeny of Esau. Gen 25:30-33; Rev 17:7,12,13,18   Using their labor force, including all JWs, Watchtower’s “Herods” have built their TEMPLE IDOL, leaving God’s priesthood/stones misplaced and scattered unidentifiably, throughout the organization.  Masked tyranny is one of the trademarks of deceit.  It is employed effectively by false ‘kings of the Jews’ to construct not only their idol, but its wall of lies; all the while robbing God of His living stones who fail to join the chief cornerstone and Head of the true Temple, Jesus Christ. Obadiah 1:8-10; Matt 21:42; Acts 4:11,12; 1 Pet 2:7,8  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Gen.25%3A30-33%3B+Rev.17%3A7%2C12%2C13%2C18%3B+Obadiah+1%3A8-10%3B+Matt+21%3A42%3B+Acts+4%3A11%2C12%3B+1+Pet+2%3A7%2C8++&version=NIV
      Herod the Great never blinked an eye when it came to killing his family members if his authority seemed at risk; similarly, the governing body think nothing of it when authorizing their false “Gentile” priesthood, the elder body who “sits” in God’s Temple, to disfellowship - spiritually “kill” - their “fellow slaves”, the chosen anointed priesthood who may challenge both their authority and their teachings.  2 Thess 2:3,4; John 16:2; Matt 24:48-51; Obadiah 1:11; Rev 13:15; Rev 11:3,7   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thess+2%3A3%2C4%3B+John+16%3A2%3B+Matt+24%3A48-51%3B+Obadiah+1%3A11%3B+Rev+13%3A15%3B+Rev+11%3A3%2C7&version=NIV
      Jesus said, “When you enter a house, first say, ‘Peace to this house.’ 6 If someone who promotes peace is there, your peace will rest on them; if not, it will return to you. 7 Stay there, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house. Luke 10:5-7
      Herod hunted down Jesus going house to house wanting to destroy him; similarly today, this sly hunting technique has effectively captured the anointed “firstfruits” into the Beast /organization using basic truth. Once caught, he liberally feeds them lies from the Harlot’s mouth. We know God allows this period of testing by Satan, just as He did with Job. Job 1:12; Luke 22:31; Mal 3:1-4   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1%3A12%3B+Luke+22%3A31%3B+Mal+3%3A1-4 + &version=NIV
      Watchtower’s counterfeit Zion is doomed to fall.  “Jehovah’s mountainlike organization” and its wall of lies is crumbling quickly and will soon become dust.   Ezek 13:1-16; Zech 4:7;Rev 8:8   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezek+13%3A1-16%3B+Zech+4%3A7%3BRev+8%3A8+++&version=NIV
      “Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign that they are all about to be fulfilled?”
      “When you see ‘the abomination that causes desolation’ standing where itdoes not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”  Mark 13:4,14
      As for “Jerusalem”, the city gone apostate, its Temple wall or protective defense of Truth has already been breached by a “Gentile” army, which upholds the Harlot/governing body’s lies. Job 1:10; Ezek 38:10,11,14-16;Rev 9:1,3,4,7 This “Herod” uses his delegated “Gentiles” to trample down the Temple – a Beast that is the very fabric holding the wall of demonic expressions in place. Dan 7:23; Matt 24:15; Rev 16:13,14  When Jesus told his disciples that the stones of the early temple would be thrown down by the Romans, I can imagine how difficult it was to comprehend his words, since its striking beauty and mass appeared invincible; yet it happened.  Over the last 100 or so years, a new “temple” of “hewn stones” and a “wall” of lies with its detestable sacrifices, has grown and surrounded the already scattered and unused “living stones”.  Mal 1:6-8;  Dan 11:31; Isa 28:7,8; Rev 20:7-9     https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job+1%3A10%3B+Ezek+38%3A10%2C11%2C14-16%3BRev+9%3A1%2C3%2C4%2C7%3BDan+7%3A23%3B+Matt+24%3A15%3B+Rev+16%3A13%2C14%3B+Mal+1%3A6-8%3B++Dan+11%3A31%3B+Isa+28%3A7%2C8+%3B+Rev+20%3A7-9++&version=NIV
      I hope, JWs, that you can perceive this. 
      Pearl Doxsey:
      “In the first Century, the Temple was already under the dominion of the Romans, before either attack on Jerusalem. So too today (Dan.7:25; Rev.13:7; 9:3,5,10; Matt.5:13).
      The point at which the first assault by the Gentiles occurs today, is when the faithful anointed, are "killed", or, disfellowshipped/expelled (John16:2; Isa.66:5; 2Chron.13:9). This is comparable to the first century, and it's temple's "wall" being breached at the first siege (Isa.5:5; Ps.80:12; 89:40; Prov.24:31). Today, not all of the anointed Temple, are made powerless with this first breach.  That complete collapse of "Jerusalem" is yet to come (Dan.12:7). 
      This "wall" today, (Matt.21:33; Neh.1:3; 2:17) was a defensive boundary (Job1:10) for the "Temple" (1Cor.3:16; 1Pet.2:5; Eph.2:21,22) and all the unsealed priests (both invited leaders and invited followers/Steward and domestics) within it.
      Once the “wall” is initially breached (Rev.8:10,11; 13:1; 9:1,3; Job 30:14) by the spiritual "weapons" the false prophet gives to the Gentiles (deceptive doctrines, lying arrangements, illicit power and false authority Rev.9:1,2,3,7; 13:2,11,12,14,15; 16:13,14; 2Thess.2:9,10; Hosea4:6; Dan.8:24 (Rev.13:12); Luke21:24; Rev.11:1,2),  
      (1st Century-- Matt.27:1,2; John18:30,31; 19:12,15; Luke23:2)

The previous defensive “wall” no longer protects the invited priests within it (Ec.10:5,6,7; 2Thess.2:4; Ps.82:6). Once the breach expels those who take a stand for truth, the stage is then set for the demise of the ENTIRE temple, ...INCLUDING THE “HARLOT” (Ec.10:8; Isa.47:10; Dan.8:13; 11:13). 

The second siege is the point after which all have had the opportunity to "flee" apostate Jerusalem. Once you see the faithful trampled upon, you know that "Jerusalem" is "surrounded by encamped armies" of Gentiles, and it is time to FLEE (Luke21:20,21,22).” 
      That time is now, JWs!  Seek the true Mountain of God, the true Zion where Christ is the cornerstone and worship is in “spirit and truth”.  God’ true Temple is His handiwork,(Eph 2:10,20-22; 1 Cor 3:16,17) not the work of men who are obsessed with obtaining your money and slavery to build their temple.  Someone on a forum pointed out the covert meaning behind the chosen address of Warwick’s “Bethel” – 1 Kings Drive. The book of 1 Kings concerns the building of Solomon’s temple; yet the conglomerate temple the GB has built is an IDOL, diverting your attention from the true Temple in God’s anointed priesthood.   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Eph+2%3A10%2C20-22%3B+1+Cor+3%3A16%2C17&version=NIV
      Watchtower 2017/10 “Today, millions of people worship Jehovah. They are happy to give him their “valuable things,” such as their time, energy, and material resources. In this way, they support Jehovah’s great spiritual temple.”
      Since when does a “spiritual temple” that “WOULD NOT BE CENTERED IN OR DEPENDENT ON ANY MATERIAL STRUCTURE OR PHYSICAL LOCATION,”  need another's "time, energy and material resources”?  (Wt 2016 No. 2)  God’s “valuable things” are his “special possession” (1 Pet 2:5,9) and His faithful sheep who listen strictly to the words of Truth from the cornerstone of His True Temple.    1 Pet 2:7,8; John 13:20    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Pet+2%3A7%2C8%3B+John+13%3A20 + &version=NIV
      “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else."  Acts 17:24-25
      Pearl Doxsey:
      “First the ‘wall’…Then the Entire ‘Temple’”
      “Wall/Christ’s Side”
      4womaninthewilderness
      “The day of the Lord is near
          for all nations.
      As you have done, it will be done to you;
          your deeds will return upon your own head.
      16 Just as you drank on my holy hill,
          so all the nations will drink continually;
      they will drink and drink
          and be as if they had never been.
      17 But on Mount Zion will be deliverance;
          it will be holy,
          and Jacob will possess his inheritance.
      18 Jacob will be a fire
          and Joseph a flame;
      Esau will be stubble,
          and they will set him on fire and destroy him. (Jer 23:29; 5:14; Rev 11:5; Hos 6:5;1 Cor 3:13)
      There will be no survivors
          from Esau.”
      The Lord has spoken.  Obadiah 1:15-18   
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jer+23%3A29%3B+5%3A14%3B+Rev+11%3A5%3B+Hos+6%3A5%3B1+Cor+3%3A13&version=NIV

• By Witness
      Rev.13:14-18 reads:
      "14 And it (two horned beast-Rev.13:11) misleads those who dwell on the earth,because of the signs that were granted it to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. 15 And there was granted it to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who would not in any way worship the image of the wild beast. (Daniel 3:6; Rev.9:2)
      16 And it puts under compulsion all persons, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free and the slaves, that they should give these a mark in their right hand or upon their forehead, 17 and that nobody might be able to buy or sell except a person having the mark, the name of the wild beast or the number of its name. 18 Here is where wisdom comes in: Let the one that has intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number; and its number issix hundred and sixty-six.

Leading up to the mystery of 666, are details about the beast that bears this symbol. Bible names themselves, are indicators of the attributes of a name's bearer (Gen.17:5; 35:18; Luke 6:14). (Ben-Oni means "son of my sorrow") Therefore, it is reasonable that the attributes of the beast that we are given in Rev. ch.13, are expressed in this number. It will therefore be helpful to take a closer look at these attributes.

As indicated by my word emphasis above, I will list those attributes
      of the Wild Beast:

* Receives backing from one who is misleading (Rev.13:14; 19:20; Dan.8:24)

* Stands as an idolatrous image (Rev.13:14,8; 2Thess.2:4) (this god is false)

* "Image" is falsely given life/breath/spirit, so seems a true, 
             spirit-inspired Image / god (Rev.13:15) 
                      (to "give breath" is to imbue with "spirit-direction" -John 20:22)
               (false idols are obviously dead: Psalm 135:15,16,17) The "image of the wild 
               beast" does have "spirit/breath in it's mouth", and "speaks" Rev.13:15). 
               From where did it get this life/"breath"/spirit as a "living" image/god? 
               From the "two-horned" beast! Just as YHWH took from Himself some of 
               the life/spirit within him, and gave it to Adam (Gen.2:7) so too this 
               "two-horned" beast has taken authority ("key" to deception/abyss) 
               to appear to give divine authority and power, from itself,
               to unleash the Wild Beast/"locust-scorpion" collective) as also having
               "divine" authority to speak and kill / power (Rev.9:1-3). 
               The Image of the Beast is not one of wood or stone, 
               but one consisting of living men (Joel 1:6; 2:2,4; Rev.9:8-9; Matt.24:21).

Since the "earth" accepts the Image of the Wild Beast as spirit-inspired,
               (due to the "two-horned" beast symbolically breathing upon it),
               then the "earth" has also assumed, that the "two-horned" false prophet
               possesses the power and authority to bestow spirit. It is therefore also   
               assumed as possessing spirit itself, and is therefore viewed as god-like. 
               Such "gods"/"objects of reverence/worship", are the Chosen Ones 
               (2Thess.2:4; John 10:35; 1Cor.3:16). 

The two-horned beast, is an anointed false prophet/witness 
               ("two" horns)**. He is one of the unfaithful, fallen anointed, 
               (Matt.24:48,51; Zech.11:15,16,17) (2Tim.2:20-21; Jer.51:7)
               wicked stewards, who became one of Satan's weeds. 
               (2Pet.3:17; Rev.8:10,11; 9:1; Matt.13:24,36,37,38,39,40,42; 24:48,51). 

Therefore, this "image" progeny of the "two-horned" beast, is a 
               misleading deceptive tool used by this false prophet (Rev.13:14-15; 19:20).
          -After this image is given life/"breath"/spirit/authority (Rev.9:3), it can "kill" 
               those who do not worship it (Rev.13:15). The collective beast is made up of 
               living representatives of this "image" (Rev.9:3; 13:15), just as the 
               faithful anointed make up (and represent) the body of Christ. 

As we represent our Lord...the locust-scorpions represent the beast. 
               If anointed ones unwittingly subject themselves to this image, 
               they will not be "killed" (Rev.9:5,6,4), but they also will not get sealed. 
               If they refuse to worship the wild beast, then they will be 
               "killed" (Rev.11:7; 13:15; John 16:2; Zech.11:4-5) 
               and sealed (Rev.15:2; 6:9,11; Mark 8:35; Rom.6:5; Heb.13:13; Matt.25:6).
         -The image enslaves people's minds (2Cor.10:5; Deut.11:18 antithesis) 
               and power 
                (Prov.3:27 "hand"), and makes these obedient to the false prophet's lies. 
                (Rev.13:16; Isa.44:20) (see " MARK  on the Forehead")
         -Unless you are a worshiper of the image of the wild beast, you cannot "buy" 
               or "sell" (Rev.3:18; Matt.25:9,10; Rev.18:11; Isa.24:1,2,3,4;  
                Eze.7:10,11,12,13; Zech.11:4,5)
                (Matt.21:12; Luke 17:28,30; Matt.13:44) This is the spiritual currency of 
               power, devotion, provisions, counterfeit divine approval, authority, and 
               obedience. The wild beast oversees all such "buying" and "selling" 
                (Rev.13:17)

Based upon these attributes of the image of the wild beast, we can now be helped to "calculate" the "number" of the wild beast, which is the tangible reality of the idolatrous "image". We are given two additional clues. It is a "man's number", and it is "666" (Rev.13:18).

The interpretation of Revelation's symbols must be by God in order to be true (Gen.40:8). The only way to access God's interpretation, is through scripture alone (John 17:17; 2Pet.1:20,21; 2Tim.3:15,16,17; Rev.22:18) Only if we let this simple rule guide us, will our understanding (and our "lamp") be bright (Matt.6:22; Matt.25:8).

So then, when we read that the "number" of the wild beast is a "man's number", we must turn to the Bible to find that "man". Since this number represents the traits of the wild beast, it would also represent the traits of this "man" (They both have the same "number" Rev.13:18 and measure up the same to Jehovah.)
      What "man" in the Bible, measures up like the wild beast? In order to know this, we have to review the traits of the wild beast's image.....
          -misleading
          -an idol/"image" that is worshiped
          -seems true
          -receives authority/power/life from fallen anointed.
          -oppresses/"kills"/opposes faithful anointed
          -enslaves people's minds and deeds
          -controls spiritual commerce

Is there a "man" in the Bible who bears all these traits?
      Is he associated with the "Lord's Day", as the wild beast is? (Rev.1:10)

Let's review the traits of the beast, to find this "man".

-misleading: 2Thess.2:3,9,10,11,12
          -an idol that is worshiped: 2Thess.2:4
          -seems true: 2Thess.2:2,9
          -receives authority from fallen anointed: 2Thess.2:2,15; Eze.44:7
          -opposes faithful anointed: 2Thess.2:4,6,15,17 (1Cor.3:16,17; 2Cor.6:16; 
           Eph.2:20,21,22)
          -enslaves people's minds and deeds: 2Thess.2:3,9,10,11,12
          -controls spiritual commerce: 2Thess.2:4,6,7,9
      And finally, is he associated with the "Lord's Day"?  2Thess.2:1,8
      Who is this "Man"?  2Thess.2:3
      This is, the "Man of Lawlessness" (Matt.7:22,23)

Now that we know who the "Man" is, we are half way through our "calculations" (Rev.13:18).
      Our other clue, is that both the wild beast and this man of lawlessness, measure up the same (Amos7:7-8; Isa.28:17; Zech.2:1-2,7; Rev.11:1); and that both their number,is 666.

Can this number be "calculated"/measured/estimated, based upon scripture? Will that number indicate the traits of both the "Man of Lawlessness", and the image of the "wild beast"?

Yes, it can be calculated through scripture. But as indicated, it will require "wisdom" and "intelligence" (Rev.13:18) to do this mathematical calculation. Such wisdom must be given by God (James 1:5).
      We receive our answer in an unexpected place.
      Let's turn to Rev.14:1 and Rev.4:4; 5:8,9,10

The "crowns" upon the 24 elders, are "stephanos" crowns...the sort rewarding those who   "conquer" (Rev.3:11,21).
      The anointed temple (not made with hands) is akin to the pattern given Moses, for the physical temple and priesthood that was made with hands. (Ex.25:9; Heb.8:5;Eph.2:10)
      There were a total of twenty-four heads of families from the tribe of Levi during the days of King David's reign. The regulation of twenty-four courses of priests rotating to minister in the Tabernacle was established in the days when Solomon had the Temple constructed and continued to be observed until the Second Temple was destroyed by Rome in AD 70.
      This appointed order of ministering by rotating among twenty-four priests was commanded by Jehovah. When Aaron received the regulations concerning the duties of the Levites, he wrote them down. Generations later, during the time of King David, the tribe of Levi had grown to twenty-four clans. The heads of these tribes served as priests in the Temple according to God's commandment. (1Chron.24:1,2,3,4,19).

Therefore, these 24 elders in heaven, are representative heads of the 144,000 priests and "12 tribes" of spiritual "Israel" (Rev.7:4; Rom.2:28,29; Gal.3:29;Matt.21:43; John15:5,8; Matt.7:20).

Now it's time to do some "calculating".
      How many of the 144,000 does each "elder" represent?
      The calculation is.....
      144,000 divided by 24, = 6,000.
      So, each elder represents 6,000. 
      Each "witness/head of truth" (Rev.14:5; Isa.43:10,21; 1Pet.2:9) represents and stands for 6,000.
      Why would this be...since each tribe consists of 12,000? (Rev.7:4-8)
      Apparently, this is because there are two representatives (witnesses/heads/elders) over each tribe.
      12tribes X 2witnesses(elders) = 24 elders
      Why would that be?
      Well, the Bible makes this reason clear...
      (2Cor.13:1; Deut.19:15; 17:6; Matt.18:16; 26:60,61,62; Heb.10:28,29; Numbers35:30;1Kings21:10,13; John8:17,18; Rev.11:3)
      Two witnesses are always needed to establish truth. Truth is the entire essence of
      this holy temple priesthood.
      The 144,000 become sharers in the human personification of truth perfected (Rev.14:4,5).
      Every duty these priests perform is based upon this pattern of truth...two witnesses. 
      How does this figure into our "calculation"?
      As we have seen...these conquering priests pattern their dispensing of truth in perfection, and always by means of two witnesses. 
                            (This will be studied in more depth in a future addition to the article
                              about the "Trees of Life", and their monthly "crops" of "fruit".)
      Therefore, these two elders (two witnesses per each tribe), represent 12,000 priests, or one tribe. Yes...the number ascribed two faithful witnesses (or the number for truth), is twelve; or multiples of 12. It is derived from two witnesses. Each witness is represented by six (6+6=12) (144,000 = 12X12)
      (Mark 3:14,15; Luke 22:30; Acts 26:7; James 1:1; John 8:18; 11:9; Acts 1:15;7:8; Rev.7:5-8; 12:1; Rev.21:12,14,16,21; 22:2)
      The entire Kingdom arrangement is based upon truth, two witnesses, and it's symbolic number "12" (6+6).
      I find interesting confirmation, in the fact that God's Word contains 66 books.

**The fact that the "two-horned" beast has TWO horns like a lamb (Rev.13:11), yet "speaks like a dragon", indicates that it appears to be true witnesses/prophet, who is imitating Christ; 
      but it is really an agent of Satan's lies.

If Truth (two witnesses) is represented by twelve (6+6), then can you see that each single witness is represented by six?
      What if we only had one witness? Would that establish truth?
      (Deut.17:6b; 19:15; John 7:18; 5:31; 8:13,14,18; Num.35:30)    No...one witness is as good as a lie. The number "6", would represent a single, false, witness.
      This is brought out for us when we compare Ezra 2:13 and Neh.7:18. 
      Do you perceive the lesson in those two scriptures? 
      When there is only one witness for a fact, which do we believe? 
      We should not really put faith, in either. Two witnesses with the same story, are needed.

Now that we have calculated the meaning of the number "6", let's return toRev.13:18.
      The number of the wild beast, and the man of lawlessness, is 666.
      Does this interpretation follow through?
      Remember the traits of both the "man", the false prophet, and the "wild beast"?
      (see Rev.13:6,14; 2Thess.2:9,10,11,12)
      All who receive the mark of the beast on their forehead, believe and become slaves to lies.
      (pearl-forehead.blogspot.com)
      All who receive the mark on their right hand, have their willpower enslaved to lies (Isa.44:20; Psalm 144:8,11; Rev.13:16; 2Thess.2:9; 2Tim.3:13; Rev.16:13) 
      They also become false witnesses of false witnesses, as seen in the scripture below.

We do receive confirmation of the meaning of 666, as representing slaves of deception....

Rev.16:13 "And I saw three unclean inspired expressions [that looked] like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty."

"Three...inspired expressions...expressions inspired by demons". 666
      The only unclean expressions of demons, are lies.
      (2Chron.18:20,21; Rev.16:13; John 8:44)
      Three...a full amount of false witnesses to establish a lie, (2Cor.13:1)
      causing it to prevail (2Chron.18:21; Rev.12:9; Rev.13:8; 2Thess.2:11,12)
      Those three lying witnesses are mentioned here....the "dragon, the wild beast, and the false prophet". Here we see who is behind the lies of the wild beast and man of lawlessness (2Thess.2:9; Rev.13:2). Lies are their wisdom, power, and riches ("gold") (1Kings 10:14; Isa.28:15).
      We must only accept "gold" refined by fire (Rev.3:18) from Christ himself (Matt23:10;John 7:18).

"FROG-LIKE"

Why are the lies (6's) described as "frog-like"?
      In all creation, the life cycle of frogs is the most evolutionary. The change it's life undergoes from invisible egg to land reptile, is drastic. Without fully knowing about this life cycle, we might think that one stage of it's life is an entirely different species. Yes...the frog starts out barely noticeable. If one gave it's development constant attention, the gradual change would be imperceptible.
      If the tiny "egg" (lie...6) were called "Truth", those enslaved through it's progression would still call the full-grown Frog, Truth.          (6+60+600=666)
      Yes, Satan and these demons know human nature. They have brought about these lies so gradually, that it has gone undetected by those mislead by them. Those who are perishing and enslaved to the wild beast, still feel that these obvious lies, are truth. (Rev.16:13) Their foreheads have been branded like slaves, to lies (1Tim.4:1,2; Rev.13:16).
      No one can "buy or sell" spiritual provisions (Isa.55:2,1; (Rev.21:6;22:17); John 6:27,51; 14:6; Rev.3:18; Deut.11:18,1; 6:8), unless their mind ("forehead") and work/power ("right hand") is branded into slavery by the demonic lies of the Beast (Rev.13:16,17; Isa.44:20), rather than to God's free truths (Deut.6:6,8; John 8:32). It is robbery to enslave others as the cost for spiritual bread (Amos 8:4,5,6; Matt.24:20; Micah 6:10,11;Eze.45:9,10; Prov.11:1; Hosea 12:7,8,14; Zech.5:10,11; Rev.6:5,6;13:17)  (Isa.52:3,5; Rev.13:5,6; 2Thess.2:4). All others who attempt to offer spiritual provisions without cost: (subjection, obedience and worship of the Beast and it's lies), outside the spiritual "commerce" and monopoly of the Beast (Matt.10:8), will be "killed" (Rev.13:15,17; 11:7; 6:9).

These enslaving, demonic lies will cover the land....just as the plague of frogs did, in Egypt (Exo.8:1,2,3,4,5,6; Rev.16:13,14; Prov.12:17;2Chron.18:20,21,22; Eze.14:9,10; 2Thess.2:9,10,11,12).
      (Rev.18:3,6; Isa.51:21,22,23; Rev.11:2; Jer.25:15; Rev.14:10)
      For those of us who know the Bible's meaning of 666...
      we are not mislead. We can see these full grown lies, for what they really are.
      1Thess.5:4,5,6
      Pearl Doxsey 4womaninthewilderness

• By Witness
      The picture below was posted by a JW on pinterest.  Frequently, the organization warns against idolatry; yet the most diabolical form of idolatry goes unnoticed - reverence given an earthly organization.
      Quote from the Watchtower 05/8/15 p. 31:
      “Jehovah God’s GLORY directly lights up this ORGANIZATION, just as the Shechinah cloud illuminated the Most Holy.” 
      Isa 42:8
      I am YHWH, that is My name;
      I will NOT give my GLORY to ANOTHER
      Or My praise to IDOLS. 

KR Book chapter 20, pp. 209-219:
      “Their work brings PRAISE to Jehovah and his ORGANIZATION.”
      Isa 42:8, again:
      I am YHWH, that is My name;
      I will NOT give my GLORY to ANOTHER
      Or My PRAISE to IDOLS. 

“Little children, keep yourselves from IDOLS. Amen.”  1 John 5:21

• By io.porog
      2 Corinthians 13: 5 "Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are. Or do you not recognize that Jesus Christ is in union with you? Unless you are disapproved".

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• I guess - according to you -  we can throw out all the scriptures which indicate the anointed will have heavenly bodies such as 1 cor 15 and revelations - too many places to mention.  Not even those which show they will be changed in an instant. And the scriptures in Hebrews which indicate that they will be priests in the heavenly temple of jehovah.   Jehovah is perfect in logic, so why give a heavenly body when a physical body is more suited to the earth?  The marriage of the lamb will take place where? Did Jesus give up his earthly body to receive a heavenly  spiritual body? And did he really say to his disciples they will be with him where he is? Agh, there are just too many scriptures which indicate it is a heavenly kingdom and heavenly rulership....and a heavenly priesthood - a function you have forgotten about by just wanting to " rule"......... .which tells me you are up to your same old, same old behaviours.  You boast you are of the body of christ...... so which "body" do you belong to which has perfect unity? . How many members?  Where do you meet?  And are you and your adherents fulfilling the prophesy that the good news of the kingdom will be preached throughout the earth?     
    • And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10  and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kingsr over the earth.”Rev 5:9,10 - NWT As a JW, this sounded accurate to me, since it fit the supporting doctrine that the “144,000” will rule strictly from heaven – “over” the earth...not within its vicinity, but from the spiritual realm.  What I have since learned about this scripture and Christ’s truth regarding where the anointed will be “ruling” from, has been an important turning point for me. Notice how the organization’s own Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures breaks down vs. 10: “and you made them to the God of us kingdom and priests and they are reigning upon the earth” Here are a few other examples: “And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”  Scripture4all.org “…they will reign upon the earth”.  https://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/5-10.htm It is very rare to find a Bible translation using the phrase “over the earth” in this scripture. The organization’s latest pictorial depiction of the 144,000 kings/priests ruling in heaven was of a vast array of emerald green thrones where men appearing identical to one another and to Christ, gazed over the earth as Christ’s “co-rulers”.  I wonder what the anointed JW women feel about a female’s apparent transition into a man, who are clones of each other.  This teaching sounds ridiculous to me today.  However, since the role of JW women is repeatedly slighted, should we expect any acknowledgement of the anointed being both male and female?  I could be in error, but I haven’t seen any photos of women partaking in the magazines.  There is no Jew or Greek, slave or free, male or female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.  Gal 3:28 To be one in Christ does not mean the faithful sealed anointed take on the same physical appearance as Christ. All of the members of a fleshly body are distinctly different in appearance; working separately yet collectively, with the unified goal to allow the body to work efficiently.  It is the same in the Body of Christ. 1 Cor 12:15-20  All are given various gifts, and all are individuals with individual personalities. They have abilities reflecting the gift they receive.  Paul described it this way: There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.  1 Cor 12:4-6 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 1 Cor 12:19,20 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized byone Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. 1 Cor 12:12-14 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.  Eph 4:11-16 The 144,000 are the Bride of Christ under the New Covenant “woman”/promise.   (2 Cor 11:2; Eph 5:29-32; Gal 4:26) It is curious that the WT's leaders rarely go into detail about this.  When I recall their latest illustration described above, I don’t believe the artist had the idea of “bride” in mind. I could only sense an aura of steely authority, without the needed compassion and love that Jesus exhibited and taught his disciples to nurture within themselves. (Isa 42:3; Matt 14:14; John 13:34,35; 1 John 4: 17; Heb 4:15) Just as a bride and groom are not identical to each other, neither is Christ’s Bride of many members; either to Christ, or to one another, as the illustration erroneously shows. (1 Cor 12:29,30; Eph 4:11-13)  Marriage partners compliment and support each other in love.  It is the same with the Body of Christ, being united in one Spirit that imparts love, faith and knowledge of Christ and the Father. The organization’s leaders are unable to perceive this spiritual unity, since they have rejected the Spirit of Christ, in exchange for the spirit of Satan.  (John 15:4-7;1 Cor 6:15-17; 2 Cor 11:3; 2 Pet 1:10; Rev 2:4; 8:10;13:11) Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  1 Cor 2:12-14  In order to “rule on the earth”, God’s priests must be on the earth.  If we can shed the false belief that once the 144,000 are sealed in “heaven” they will remain there, we are then able to grasp how such “heavenly” angel/messenger/priests will be found ruling, teaching, and helping God’s future children on the earth.  (Mal 2:7; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Heb 1:14; Rev 5:9,10)   We can comprehend God’s “new creation” as having two “births”; one by fleshly parents through Adam and Eve, (Gen 2:7) and one by spiritual parents.  (John 3:3,5; 1 Cor 15:50; John 15:45; 20:22; Gal 4:26) Once Jesus was resurrected, he appeared many times to his disciples in the flesh; and just as easily, disappeared into the spirit realm.   His example set the precedence of what it means to be a “new creation”.  (Mark 16:12; John 21:14; 1 Cor 15:3-8)  By combining this event with Pearl Doxsey's help from her article, “Who are the gods?”, we can visualize the 144,000 “angels” present not only in the spirit realm, but on earth as well: The sons of God ("gods") inherit the promises given to Abraham. What promises are these? "I will make you very fruitful (John 15:8) I will make nations of you (Rev 5:9,10), and kings will come from you (Rev 20:4; 1:5; 3:21; 19:16,15; 2:26,27)". “Jacob had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.  There above it stood the Lord, and he said: "I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying  (Ps 37:29; Heb 2:5,16; Gal 3:29; Heb 11:8-10; 13:14; Rev 21:2; Heb 12:22,23; Luke 10:20) (Gen.17:6).  Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring (Rev 22:2). I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go (Matt 28:20), and I will bring you back to this land (Rev 21:7).  I will not leave you (John 14:18) until I have done what I have promised you (John 16:22).  Jacob was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place (Heb 12:22,23,28)! This is none other than the house of God (1 Cor 3:9,16; Isa 56:7; Eph 2:19,10); this is the gate of heaven (Rev 11:6; Matt 16:19; Rev 3:12; John 10:9; 2 Cor 5:20)." (Gen.28:12-15,17) "Jesus added, “Very truly I tell you, you will see ‘heaven open (Luke 24:32; Rev 2:17; Matt 13:11; Rev 4:1; 1:1)  (John 3:12; 1 Cor 2:12,13; Col 3:2), and the angels of God ascending and descending (Heb 12:22; Eph 2:6; Rev 3:21) "on* (Greek--*"in service to") the Son of Man.” (John 1:51) The "angels" (Lit. Greek, "messengers" – Isa 43:10,21; 1 Pet 2:9; Mal 2:7; Acts 1:8) referred to here, could not have served before the time of Christ (John 3:13) Jesus specifically said that they are in service on "the Son of Man" (1 Cor 4:1).  The "Son of Man" is Jesus in the flesh (John 1:14). Therefore, these angels serve Christ, after his coming down from heaven.  To be a messenger of Christ ("ambassador") who harbors God's spirit of life within... who has been made new (Rom 12:2; 8:11) as a part of God's new creation (2 Cor 5:17) by means of incorruptible seed, the Word of God (1 Pet 1:23; Luke 8:11)... …who has been reborn as a Son of the Most High (John 3:3,5; Rom 8:16,17,19,28-30)... who has been made an immovable pillar in the eternal heavenly Temple of God (Rev 3:12; Prov 9:1; Jer 1:18)... ...is a "god" (Ps 82:6; Rom 8:14; 1 Cor 8:5).  I do hope readers here find this information to be a personal turning point as it was for me, in learning that both Christ and the 144,000 kings and priests/ Bride of Christ, will have access to heaven as well as on earth, and living among God’s future children in the Kingdom. “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.” Matt 5:14  Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. Rev 21:1-3  “But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple” Rev 21:22 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever. Rev 22:3-5 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? 1 Cor 3:16 Pearl Doxsey: (type in her name and the title of the article in the search bar. The link should appear) “End of the New Covenant” “Those not anointed – what benefit now?” “The Holy City”   PLEASE SEE AND ENJOY,   “The Holy City” - http://pearl-holycity.blogspot.com/   Pearl Doxsey, “End of the New Covenant” Those not anointed-what benefit now? - http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-received-two-questions-1.html         And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” (Heb.1:6) "Jesus will again, be brought into the world. At that time, the totality of his angels/messengers, will worship him... and be in service to, the Son of Man."  Pearl Doxsey
    • We do have very good reasons, the math for 1914 wouldn't work out otherwise Yes, I think we would laugh. After all, messing around with numbers to "fit something you want it to fit" sounds pretty cultish. When looking at this subject again, in light of Br. Splane's talk about types and antitypes, and how he said that (paraphrased) we have to make sure that when we are talking about types, that they are genuine types, because the word of God says they are puts a whole different slant on it. Then the idea is enforced even further when he says who is to decide if a person or event is a type, if the word of God doesn't say anything about it and he quotes Br. Shroeder: ( We need to exercise great care when applying accounts in the Hebrew Scriptures as prophetic patterns or types if these accounts are not applied in the Scriptures themselves). Therefor reading the account in Daniel 4 without any preconceived ideas, I see these main lessons: verse 17  "This is by the decree of watchers, and the request is by the word of the holy ones, so that people living may know that the Most High is Ruler in the kingdom of mankind and that he gives it to whomever he wants, and he sets up over it even the lowliest of men.”  Lesson: (quite self explanatory really) Jehovah can do what he wants because he is the ultimate sovereign. verse 27  "Therefore, O king, may my counsel be acceptable to you. Turn away from your sins by doing what is right, and from your iniquity by showing mercy to the poor. It may be that your prosperity will be extended". Lesson: Listen to Jehovah and do right, otherwise Jehovah will discipline you. verse 37  “Now I, Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar, am praising and exalting and glorifying the King of the heavens, because all his works are truth and his ways are just, and because he is able to humiliate those who are walking in pride. Lesson: similar to above, and also proof that Jehovah carries out his discipline.  ---------------- The reasoning put forward as to why this particular chapter of Daniel (4) has greater meaning (paraphrased from WT October 2014) is that the book of Daniel has a central theme, that of God's Kingdom, and keeps pointing forward to the establishment of that Kingdom under the rulership of his Son, Jesus. For example what it says in Daniel 2:44: "“In the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed. And this kingdom will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it alone will stand forever.” I can see that Daniel Ch 2 is talking about Neb's. dream of the statue, representing subsequent rulerships, and that during the feet period God's Kingdom will come. In my opinion this is one valid and definite description of when the Kingdom will come. Then Chapters 7 and 8 are full of cryptic beasts, Chapter 9 prophesy about the coming of the Messiah including his cutting off, chapter 11 more cryptic descriptions, this time involving the king of the north and south, and the last chapter (12) the time of the end with Michael standing up. I need an encoder! I must admit, because of my more practical disposition, when we studied the Daniel book, I did not pay enough attention. My son was quite small and I had my hands full, and I can't even remember if we studied it again after that? For example what are these numbers about?: Daniel 12:11  “And from the time that the constant feature has been removed and the disgusting thing that causes desolation has been put in place, there will be 1,290 days. 12  “Happy is the one who keeps in expectation and who arrives at the 1,335 days!" (It's ok, no need to answer, I can look it up myself).   ,Sorry, I was being confusing. I didn't mean 607 was special. I meant what happened when counting 2520 years from that date, I meant that 1914 was a very significant year. (have to go, will carry on later)
    • My daughter would play her album Time After Time, over and over. When I found out that Eva Cassidy had already died when the album came out, it kind of made a few of the songs sound even more "haunting" than they already were.
    • Wow  she died of melanoma at the age of 33!!
    • I think you are wrong. The GB and or others at the top, make rules that are not from scripture. The Elders enforce those rules blindly. In Jesus time the religious leaders did the same thing. 'Putting heavy loads on the shoulders of others, which they would not even use a finger to help'. And actually the baptism questions / at baptism, a person agrees to become 'One of Jehovah's Witnesses', so it is much like a contract.  Also the Elders use the threat of disfellowshipping someone, which then means the person will be shunned by maybe 100 or more people / the whole congregation. And it could also mean the loss of business because JWs won't do business with D'fed ones.  Whereas 'interested ones' that go to meetings and do ministry, are not ruled over by the Elders. True that elders could stop an unbaptised one from doing ministry. but that is all they can do.  An Elder does not have the authority to tell an unbaptised person not to talk to a D'fed person.  I think that on some occasions the 'law of the land' shows more justice and mercy than the JW org.  And the rules of the GB /JW Org go beyond the things written in the scriptures. The GB themselves know this and have had to tell their lawyers and elders to lie in courts because of it. 
  • Popular Now