Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nicole

¿Que ha hecho la religión para la humanidad?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Guest Nicole -
Guest Nicole -

Top Posters

• Guest 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 4Jah2me
      Point 1. I really do laugh at this term "Only game in town"   As I've said before the JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS would have said that serving God by obeying THEM and the Mosaic Law, was the only game in town. Jesus however proved those Religious leaders to be wrong. Jesus and his disciples carried over the good points of the Mosaic Law and discarded the bits no longer needed. (Such as animal sacrifices, circumcision etc). 
      Russell & Co came out of former religions. I presume they must have carried over some good points from those former religions, then made adjustments or changed doctrines.
      So why would it not be possible for people that have left the JW Org to form a new religion ?  Carrying over the good and disposing of the bad, of which there seems to be plenty....
      I'm not saying it will happen but it does dispose of this idea of 'the only game in town' brainwashing. JW's seem to be taught that there cannot be anything else ever. What if Russell had believed that, the Bible Students would have never been formed. 
      Point 2.  The 'Truth' / JW Org.
      As I read more and more on here I am finding out that the Governing Body / Writing Dept'  / Legal Dept' et al,  have deliberately told many lies.
      The latest I'm reading (on a new topic on here) but the info stems back a while, seems to contain information whereby the 'Org' / those in charge at the time, implied, that children cannot get baptised, and that blood transfusions were acceptable to the Organisation. It seems that this was written in order to get favours from a certain government. 
      Both of those things are lies but seem to be deliberately used for some form of dishonest gain.
      Then of course we have lawyers telling lies in court about shunning. 
      And C.S.A court cases have proved that elders and others have deliberately lied. And the American 'section' of the JW Org deliberately withholding information regarding such matters.
      Link this to misuse of scriptures, such as, Superior Authorities, which deliberately took away people's conscience / freedom of choice, in WW2.
      And I'm sure people here can come up with lots more examples of lies, deliberate wrongdoing, mistakes, misinterpretations, 'new light' corrections et al.
      Why am i writing all this ?  Well I am proving two points. 
      1. If it's your 'only game in town' then it's not a good one. 
      2. That calling it 'The Truth' is totally deceptive.
      I do not think you would like it if I gave you a meal that was three quarters yummy, but a quarter poison. The poison might well contaminate the good food !
      So, saying that the Org / GB are three quarters right does not help. 

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      ¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1981.pdf

¡Despertad! 8 de agosto de 1981.pdf

• By The Librarian
      Jehovah's Witnesses, 1953 New World Society Convention, Mitc.mp4

Hopefully you all will notice how the tags help to match content in the "similar" section below.
      Enjoy and don't forget to tag what you share so we can "connect the dots"
      Agape!
    • By Kurt
      The Chorus Start at 2:45
      1890 Version (Christ is Come) 

• By Bible Speaks
      Would you have the courage to speak out to police about your work, even if they oppose you? It may happen again...yet we do not use the placards anymore...."Religion a Snare and a Racket"? 
      INTERESTING PHOTO OF 1940, WHERE A SISTER SORDITA, ATTENDING THE WORDS OF POLICE, THAT SPEAKS TO THE UNIT WHILE SHE ANNOUNCES RUTHERFORD SPEECH.

• Guest Nicole
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Polls conducted by ABC News and The Washington Post revealed 36 percent of U.S. respondents in 2017 term themselves as Protestant faith members. A sharp drop from 2003's 50 percent. The statistics include a drop of eight points in evangelical white Protestant numbers. The number of Christians all in all has mirrored the predicament of Protestants. From the 83 percent of 2003 to 72 percent in 2017, the declining numbers are in stark contrast to the section of the U.S. population responding with “no religion” which have almost doubled to 21 percent. Self-identification of Catholics at 22 percent remain constant during this time. The number of adults who identify with other strands of Christianity like Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses went up marginally, from 11 percent to 14 percent. Trends are more pronounced among the American youth; only 19 percent of all adults under 30 years of age in 2003 claimed to have no religion. In 2017, that percent went up to 35 percent. These figures can be compared with the 22 percent who term themselves to be affiliated with any kind of Protestantism. These figures are significant as they denote a perceptible shift in power.

Read more at World Religion News: "Sharp Drop in White Evangelicals in U.S." https://www.worldreligionnews.com/?p=51977
      https://www.worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/sharp-drop-white-evangelicals-u-s
    • By Anna
      The God delusion- are Jehovah's Witnesses the exception?
      Religion seems to be more divisive and destructive than any other belief system. Why does the belief in a superhuman power bear such "rotten fruit"? 
      Each religion claims they are the one and only true religion. Is there such a thing as the only true Religion, and one that actually bears "good fruit"?
      Please watch the documentary below and feel free to share any observations you might have, or comment on the problem of religion and belief you have identified and/or the areas where Jehovah's Witnesses differ....etc.
      At the end of the video Dawkins asks imploringly, appealing to our sense of gratitude: “People sometimes say there must be more to this life....but how much more do you want”?
      I guess you can present that question to someone who was born in poverty and disease, and has no way out. Or you can ask someone who has been diagnosed with a fatal illness and has no way of getting better. Or you can ask someone who has lost loved ones who cannot be brought back.  I am sure they would tell you they wished for more.....  

• By Jack Ryan
      Here is the complete PIX magazine from 1953 containing the entire article.
      The attached file is Reduced, Searchable, and Bookmarked..note pages 41.42.43
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v5zTH7vpZtYoUn_uhU8b_m-zkINVycvH/view?usp=sharing
      One of which contained an article...'What is a Jehovah's Witness? - - by Milton G Henschel

• By The Librarian
      Belote Dage - Is There a True Religion From Gods Standpoint.mp3
      Agape!
      @The Librarian
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      1935_vindicacion.pdf
      1935_vindicacion.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      1936_riquezas.pdf

• Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      1937_jehova.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      1926_liberacion.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Arpa de Dios Tj 1921.pdf
    • By The Librarian
      Can you find more photos or videos related to this particular convention year?
      or even better... were you there? 
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      1972-Organización_para_predicar_el_reino_y_hacer_discípulos.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      Jesu?s- el camino, la verdad y la vida.pdf
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      La lujosa iglesia de $20 millones de dólares que construía en El Bronx, el pastor Amaurys Mella, hallado muerto en un río la semana pasada. (Fotos vía facebook)
      EL NUEVO DIARIO, NUEVA YORK._ El pastor dominicano Amaurys Mella, de 61 años de edad y cuyo cadáver fue encontrado en un río de el Bronx la semana pasada, completamente vestido, construía una suntuosa iglesia con una inversión de $20 millones de dólares en ese condado.
      Mella, quien era líder de la iglesia “Dando a Conocer a Cristo”,  había sido acusado por los padres de una adolescente de 17 años de edad en 2014, de haberle “seducido”, se destacaba por los lujos que lo rodeaban y se transportaba en un carro deportivo último modelo.
      También vestía impecablemente.
      Su congregación cuenta con más de 500 feligreses activos, que según una fuente cercana, aportaron millares de dólares para la construcción del templo.
      Acorde con la maqueta, publicada hace unos meses en su página facebook, Mella mostraba una iglesia que supera en estructura, espacio, modernidad y lujos a los templos de la Iglesia Universal, los mormones, Testigos de Jehová, adventistas  y otros templos de gran inversión económica.
      Hasta el momento, la Oficina del Médico Forense de la ciudad, no ha entregado los resultados de la autopsia.
      La congregación de Mella, es parte de la Organización de Ministros Cristianos, que lidera el reverendo y senador estatal Rubén  Díaz (padre), quien se negó ayer a responder preguntas de este reportero sobre el desenlace de la muerte de Mella.
      Díaz, que un día después de ser hallado el pastor en el río, se explayó en el tema, dijo que ya no quiere seguir tocándolo y remitió a este reportero a comunicarse con el co-pastor de la iglesia y hablar con los feligreses.
      Pero numerosas llamadas hechas a la congregación, no han sido respondidas desde la iglesia que pastoreaba Mella.
      Tras su muerte, se dijo que hay preocupación entre sus fieles por el curso que tomará ahora la construcción de la lujosa iglesia en El Bronx.
      No se ha confirmado si la policía mantiene una investigación respecto a la muerte del pastor, debido a que la feligresía descarta el suicidio.
      https://elnuevodiario.com.do/pastor-muerto-ny-construia-iglesia-20mm/
    • By TheWorldNewsOrg
      Mind Your Manners is a 1950s film which teaches teenagers that good etiquette should be cultivated in order to get along with peers and impress authority figures. Bad manners can result in poor social etiquette. Various situations are dramatized in the film, including telephone etiquette, table manners, and how to shake hands. Making the argument that good behavior should eventually become totally natural and integrated into normal behavior, the film maintains that a real desire to get along with others will lead to good manners. Teaching teens good manners has never been easy. Dining etiquette in particular is important for making good first impressions. Mind Your Manners travels viewers back to a time when proper manners and etiquette in America was a very fixed code of order, which makes for a fascinating study.How teenagers can cultivate good manners by manifesting a real desire to get along with others.The benefits of being unfailingly polite and well-mannered to everyone are illustrated in this film, which shows teenagers that being polite and well-dressed is the key to making everyone like you and adults--and, more importantly, authority figures--think that you're not a juvenile delinquent.
    • By Ronny Stoyan
      Ich habe seit kurzem einen Blog zu Kultur , Wissenschaft und Religion gestartet. Die Schwerpunktfrage im weltanschaulichen Kontext soll hier lauten: Ist die Beschränkung der Wissenschaft auch eine Beschränkung der Realität, oder gibt es jenseits des Empirismus eine Realität die wir Gott nennen?
      „Die Wissenschaft fängt eigentlich da an, interessant zu werden, wo sie aufhört.“
      Justus von Liebig (1803–1873)

https://nevosvetos.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/weiter-als-die-fuesse-tragen/
    • Guest Nicole
      By Guest Nicole
      "Los terroristas no veneran a Dios. Veneran la muerte", ha declarado el presidente de Estados Unidos, Donald Trump, en la cumbre árabe-islámica-estadounidense en Riad.

Donald Trump ofrece un discurso en la cumbre árabe-islámica-estadounidense en Riad, Arabia Saudita, el 21 de mayo de 2017.
      Jonathan Ernst / Reuters
      Un día después de llegar a Arabia Saudita, este domingo el mandatario de Estados Unidos, Donald Trump, ofrece un discurso en la cumbre árabe-islámica-estadounidense en Riad. Durante su primer viaje al extranjero en el cargo actual, el presidente estadounidense busca "fortalecer antiguas amistades de EE.UU. y buscar nuevos socios para lograr la paz". "EE.UU. no buscará imponer su estilo de vida a otros, sino tender manos con espíritu de cooperación y confianza", ha asegurado.
      Trump ha declarado que EE.UU. aboga por la creación de una "coalición de naciones" en Oriente Medio, con el fin de "erradicar el extremismo". Ha calificado la lucha contra los extremistas como una "batalla entre el bien y el mal" y ha precisado que combatir al terrorismo "no es una batalla entre diferentes creencias, diferentes sectas o diferentes civilizaciones", sino "una batalla entre quienes buscan aniquilar la vida humana y quienes buscan protegerla".
      "Los terroristas no veneran a Dios. Veneran la muerte", ha destacado. También ha recordado que "el 95 % de las víctimas de los ataques terroristas son los propios musulmanes", en su mayoría, "inocentes de naciones árabes, musulmanas y de Oriente Medio".
      Leer más: https://actualidad.rt.com/actualidad/239024-trump-coalicion-oriente-medio-erradicar-extremismo
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Bogdan11
    Newest Member
    Bogdan11

• Topics

• I think @Arauna explained this part of subject how one part of society that including JW members are not willing to be proactive. And that also contribute to general situation. I agree with many what Arauna described in her comment. And i am also "broken" with so much suffer and bad things that some people and especially children going through.  It is not about "twisting facts". If people are not satisfied with people who taking a lead, who rule, governing over them and their life, because they have double standards and twisting justice in "worldly system", they have chance to replace them by voting. And so on until they find the best people world can offer. JW not want to be "proactive" in this matter. That is their right to have such stand. But than, why to criticize system. System, "worldly", is mirror of people in general. JW system is also mirror of people that living and working and contributing to it as such. In general, JW people making effort to be good, but WT Society also have internal "system" that is corruptible and contribute to JW world, as also to worldly world, to be bad place for some individuals (victims).   
    • You were the one making the statement without any evidence I did not make any statement that they were clean or not, what matters is that the GB refused to give evidence clean or not. Or should we recap what Garry lush mentioned on his statement or what Geffry Jackson said in case 29 thanks to them I see where the GB stands. I'm sure U will come up with some incredible amusing excuse but what it was said has lots of repurcussions to the point that my wife and I can not believe another word that comes from them.
    • There is this question too: can a child rapists be rehabilitated?   Experts in the past put children back in the home with the perpetrator if he was the father.  The latest:  there are experts who say this  cannot be changed.   We know that Jehovah says: "this is what some of you were...". so our oganization must allow them to attend meetings and still protect children.  A tall order. The difference is mercy or condemnation.  I put myself in place of GB and ask:  Must we make tons of rules..... ?  Or educate parents to do a better job at protecting their own children.  We cannot read hearts or intentions of brothers..... most are not child molesters but there may just be one rotten apple amongst a bunch of faithful brothers....... like Judas iscariot among the associates of Jesus. How can one just make the assumption option that they have without a court conviction?
    • Without any further ado, submitted for your inspection the November 16, 2019, 38 minute episode of "Justice With Judge Jeanine" ... If you have been too busy to keep up with what is going on ... this is a VERY good synopsis..         9PM Justice With Judge Jeanine 11_16_19 _ Jeanine Pirro Fox News November 16, 2019.mp4
    • I for one do, understand how society is looking at past allegations with today's laws. Not that society is better off with the laws made to protect, it just gives people a false sense of hope.
    • Jehovah judges perfectly because he understands perfectly.  BUT you are twisting the facts: It is PEOPLE here on the forum who have appointed themselves as judges and definitely are not perfect judges. They judge the past according to the modern day secular laws that are now in place and according to current society habits. I grew up in the 1950s when these things were a taboo to talk about in society.  AFTER  the 1960s, with the sexual revolution, they started to talk about  this subject in the secular press. When I worked for newspapers as a reporter in 1980s many of the first laws were in place in first world countries and court procedures were slowly refined until 2003. The inquiry that was done in Australia into more than 2000 organizations was done to close further legal gaps in the system.......... BUT these laws are not always enforced in many countries where there are laws.  In UK rape gangs have been operating for years with a blind eye by law enforcement.  Child services, both in USA and UK were exposed to be part of child sex rings and reporters and policemen who try to investigate it, are found dead. This is why I often mention the abuses of high society (the rich and powerful) and other levels of society who are known to marry 9 year old girls against their will - these people get different treatment than others.  .... and JWs are judged harshly because they were not vigilant enough and tried to stop it from 1950s by keeping records.  JWs are now retroactively tried in court with sensationalist press, when boy scouts etc just closed down and no court accountability given..... so it creates a false impression that JWs  condone this.  Other "guilty" members of society (some are teenage boys tried as adults) get many years in prison are branded for life and forced to live in villages away from society for the rest of their lives. But exposed child trafficking rings etc rape rings - nothing done.  This is not Jehovahs justice...... and in the end ..... it will be Jehovah and Jesus who will judge every wicked thing done in secret whether the individual pretended to serve him or not.  In the meantime, millions of children's lives are messed up...... and jehovah will judge those with mercy and love.  If anyone here on this forum thinks for a moment that children are currently protected  - they are very naive to this morally rotten world.  Child services in many cases are now private companies and are in it for money.  Sex trafficking of children is more lucrative than drug trafficking...... and much more prevalent than we can even imagine. I disagree with the assumption that we can understand the mind of these children rapists...... they are so Satanistic.... we cannot imagine the lengths these people will go to and how far beyond a conscience they are..... and they are amongst us ..... and sometimes they pretend to be our moral leaders in society. They are judges, political leaders, military, FBI, MI5, etc etc....where they have more power and resources to cover up their activities  ....and the making of money. Internet porn has exploited children and made them more vulnerable...... The new UN curriculum (forced upon all schools in the West) now sexualizes children at a tender age and is preparing the way for LGBTQ.....P.    We are living in last days where any form of morality is becoming something of the past...... Sexual exploitation of children once was a spoken taboo - soon to be openly practiced by anyone who wishes to do so.  Chidren are being married off legally in many countries as we speak.  In Germany a judge threw out a case where a 10 year old was married off.  This now has set a precedent: police will no longer arrest perpetrators who exploit 10 year olds because this is now regarded as marriageable age. Muslim laws are eroding the old western laws. We are going back to the time before jehovah gave laws to the Israelites.  Like the Canaanites we will see openly child exploitation and even child murder is returning.  In Africa- the practice of using child body parts in witchcraft medicine is back in full scale.  Recently I saw a mother crying.  She found her shepard boy still half alive with half his brain removed, his sexual organs etc removed.  If this shocks you..... I hope it did.  This is the reality of the world we are living in now. Satan is rampant and people with no morals are doing what they like.  There is a semblance of law and order but underneath it all morality is falling apart. People here on this forum try to make JWs into monsters.... when the real monsters who are exploiting children are using the worldly system to do this.  The worldly legal system is becoming less and less accountable and favoring the rich and powerful (and certain favoured minorities) to do as they please.  People here do not understand why I talk about the worldly legal system and its double standards..... Well look at the headline above...... JW opposers are gloating because we are being used as a target by this very worldly system which protects other groups.  Yes - we will be judged by the world and Jehovah. The one, often serves injustice - the other is just and really exists..... which one's verdicts will stand forever?   
    • I would ask what if someone from that time period, remembers the allegation you are sighting differently. Something like not child sexual abuse, but assault on a minor. The reason the ARC has become ineffective is that they attempted to shield government run detention centers from being prosecuted for child sexual abuse. The ARC refused to even pick up the allegation until the media forced them to. How can such accusations be verified. By word of mouth or by evidence that can be substantiated? Meanwhile, wouldn't it amount to gossip?
  • Popular Now