The World News Media

Is Coinbase Legal?

Is it legal to setup my own currency and then allow people to trade it on my own platform?

If i just call it a commodity?

Shouldn’t regulators be protecting the common man instead of implicitly encouraging it by saying “we are watching this”?

Is the SEC going to allow banks to trade these futures and lend credibility to this virtual game?

When the bubble bursts will we be able to investigate and prosecute who knew what when and where?

Just because something is profitable doesn’t make it beneficial or legal. 

• Views 467
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidently not.

I heard this morning on Bloomberg radio that the Senate discussed criminalizing bitcoin with it's redefinition of the term "Financial Institution"

The Federal Reserve is preparing to launch it's own "Cryptocurrency" in 2018.

The scary part is when they decide get rid of actual hard CASH.

Another point of interest was that they will be using a similar blockchain so that every transaction with every bill in circulation will be logged and tracked. The idea of decentralization will be gone though.

They will be using blockchain to actually CENTRALIZE the currency controls more than ever.