The World News Media

THEY COPED WITH DISCOURAGEMENT ~ ????

Bible Speaks

THEY COPED WITH DISCOURAGEMENT

????

We exert ourselves vigorously with the help of Jehovah’s spirit; still, we may at times be discouraged because of the way people react to our message. We do well to recall the example of the prophet Jeremiah. He experienced ridicule, insults, and jeering because he proclaimed GodÂ’s message to the Israelites. At one point, Jeremiah even said: “I am not going to make mention of him, and I will speak no more in his name.”

????

Jeremiah was a man with feelings like ours. Nonetheless, he kept delivering God’s message. Why? The prophet added: “But in my heart it became like a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was tired of holding it in; I could no longer endure it.”—Jer. 20:7-9.

????

Similarly, if we are discouraged because of people’s response to our message, we can fight off that feeling by meditating on the message we proclaim. It can be like ‘a burning fire shut up in our bones.’ Making Bible reading a daily habit can keep that fire burning within us.

????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2016208?q=fire+in+bones&p=par

0D754825-8E48-4F2F-AE05-BF7ED0284795.jpeg

• Views 568
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THEY COPED WITH DISCOURAGEMENT ???? We exert ourselves vigorously with the help of Jehovah’s spirit; still, we may at times be discouraged because of the way people react to our message. We

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.