Bible Speaks

How Long Can You Live? ~ ? ~ Turritopsis - Lives Forever?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Bible Speaks -
Bible Speaks -

Top Posters

How Long Can You Live? ~ ? ~ Turritopsis - Lives Forever?

WHEN Harriet died in 2006, she was about 175 years old. Of course, Harriet was not a human. She was a Galapagos tortoise, and she lived at a zoo in Australia. Compared with us, Harriet had a very long life. But in comparison with other living things, her life span was not extraordinary. Consider some examples.

• The freshwater pearl mussel, say researchers in Finland, may live for 200 years.

• The burrowing clam (ocean quahog) often lives beyond 100 years and has even been reported to live more than 400 years.

• Various trees, such as the bristlecone pine, the giant sequoia, and some species of cypress and spruce, live for thousands of years.

Yet humans, who are generally considered to be at the apex of terrestrial life, do well to live for 80 or 90 years—despite our sometimes extraordinary efforts to extend life!

What do you think—is eight decades or so the best we can hope for? Or is there the possibility that we can live much longer? Many people hope that science and medical technology hold the key.

Why Do We Want to Live Forever?
For thousands of years, thinking people have wrestled with that question. Is there a logical, satisfying explanation—one that harmonizes with both our physical makeup and our natural desire to live forever? Millions of people would answer with a resounding yes! Why? In the Bible, they have found the most satisfying answers about human nature.

From the outset, the Bible plainly states that humans, while having some things in common with other creatures, are fundamentally different. For example, at Genesis 1:27, we read that God created humans in his image. How so? He gave us the capacity to display love, justice, and wisdom. And as the One who lives forever, God implanted in us the desire to live forever. He “planted eternity in men’s hearts and minds,” says Ecclesiastes 3:11.—The Amplified Bible

Physical evidence that humans were originally designed to live much longer than we do can be seen in the power of the brain, especially in its potential to learn. The Encyclopedia of the Brain and Brain Disorders states that the long-term memory capacity of the human brain “is virtually unlimited.” Why have this capacity if it were not meant to be used? Yes, in fundamental ways, humans reflect God’s original purpose for mankind. Then why do we grow old, suffer, and die?

Turritopsis - Lives Forever?
From wikipedia:
Theoretically, this process can go on indefinitely, effectively rendering the jellyfish biologically immortal, although, in nature, most Turritopsis, like other medusae, are likely to succumb to predation or disease in the plankton stage, without reverting to the polyp form.

No single specimen has been observed for any extended period, so it is not currently possible to estimate the age of an individual, and so even if this species has the potential for immortality, there is no laboratory evidence of many generations surviving from any individual.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula

If you would like to gain that faith on how you can live forever, please speak to JehovahÂ’s Witnesses locally or visit our Web site at jw.org.

97B02B02-4052-4FED-BD9C-555119B530E7.jpeg

Humans  are  sinners  -  so  their  life  is  short  until  now !   Many  plants  and  animals  getting  alot  older  than  humans...  we  know  that !   One  day  it  will  change,  I  hope  so :)

5 hours ago, Gilbert Delcamp said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axolotl@Bible SpeaksAxolotl - Some have indeed been found restoring the less vital parts of their brains. They can also readily accept transplants from other individuals, including eyes and parts of the brain—restoring these alien organs to full functionality.

220px-Axolotl_ganz.jpg

@Gilbert Delcamp

Then we have “hope” now and “forever!”

Thank you, nice! 

• Similar Content

• By Bible Speaks
      What can Man and Woman Learn from Swans? ~ ?
      Marriage Should Be a Permanent Bond - Why is Man and Woman not as Innocent as Swans? - There are No Fairy Tales! - 
      JUDGING by the conclusion of many movies, marriage is a desirable goal. Often, the man and the woman finally get together, get married, and live “happily ever after.” In films, that is usually the end of the story. 
      In reality, the wedding is, not the end, but the beginning of a new life together. And hopefully, as Ecclesiastes 7:8 says, “better is the end afterward of a matter than its beginning.” After the Wedding Day
      It has rightly been said that in the life of a Christian, marriage is second in importance only to his or her dedication to God. The latter binds one to the Creator forever, and baptism makes that publicly manifest. Marriage is the public declaration of commitment to another person—forever. It is unthinkable either to dedicate oneself to God or to forge a marriage bond while having serious reservations. Therefore, those contemplating marriage do well to examine carefully the prospective mate’s beliefs, goals, attitudes, and disposition. - Bible Speaks

• By Bible Speaks
      Patterson Bethel, Patterson, New York USA ~ ?

• By Bible Speaks
      “You do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then disappears. 15 Instead, you should say: “If Jehovah wills, we will live and do this or that.” – James 4:14,15. - Bible Speaks 
      ???
      James 4:14
      New King James Version (NKJV)
      14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 
      New King James Version (NKJV) Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
      James 4:15
      New King James Version (NKJV)
      15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 
      New King James Version (NKJV) Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
      Tap on Video Link mp4 _____???

D8E02A15-66A1-4720-B1F1-39AD51DEBE0B.mp4
    • By Bible Speaks
      Psalm 19:14Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
      14 Let the sayings of my mouth, And the meditation of my heart, Be for a pleasing thing before Thee, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer!
      Young's Literal Translation (YLT) by Public Domain

• By Bible Speaks
      Times of Difficulty ask for Help and Strength to Endure! The End is not yet!
      ~ ?
      Prayer to Jehovah is Essential.... Like Micah, we have to live among selfish people. Many are “unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection.” (2 Tim. 3:2, 3) 
      We find it distressing when workmates, schoolmates, and neighbors show a self-centered attitude. Some of God’s servants, though, have an even greater challenge. 
      Jesus said that his followers would face family opposition, and he used words similar to those recorded at Micah 7:6 to describe the impact that his message would have. “I came to cause division,” said Jesus, “with a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother-in-law. Indeed, a man’s enemies will be persons of his own household.” (Matt. 10:35, 36) 
      What a difficult thing it is to endure the ridicule and opposition of family members who do not share our faith! 
      If we face such a trial, let us not cave in to family pressure. Instead, may we remain loyal and wait patiently for Jehovah to resolve matters. 
      If we constantly ask for his help, he will give us the strength and wisdom needed in order to endure. - Bible Speaks

• By Bible Speaks
      Jehovah Gives Us Unfailing Love Each Day! ~ Is That Not Amazing? ~ ?
      Psalm 143
      1 Hear my prayer, O Lord;
      listen to my plea!
      Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.
      8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
      for I am trusting you.
      Show me where to walk,
      for I give myself to you.
      10 Teach me to do your will,
      for you are my God.
      May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
      on a firm footing.”

• By Bible Speaks
      Just For YOU! ~ Only 73 Days Till Spring! ~ March 20, 2018 in USA ~ A Foregleem Of Tulips ? and a New Spring!  
      Tap on Video Link mp4 _______???
      Music ??? Included! 

8118F060-137C-45A9-BB66-C72DA94927C4.MP4
    • By Bible Speaks
      ARE YOU HAPPY? ~ WE MUST BE LOOK ? AT WHY? 
      Revelation 22:6
      Names of God Bible (NOG)
      Jesus Says: IÂ’m Coming Soon
      6 He said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord God of the spirits of the prophets has sent his angel to show his servants the things that must happen soon.
      Names of God Bible (NOG)
      The Names of God Bible (without notes) © 2011 by Baker Publishing Group.
      Revelation 22:7Names of God Bible (NOG)
      7 I’m coming soon! Blessed is the one who follows the words of the prophecy in this book.”
      Names of God Bible (NOG)
      The Names of God Bible (without notes) © 2011 by Baker Publishing Group.

• By Bible Speaks
      Have you ever seen a beach made of rainbows? ?

• By Bible Speaks
      Flabellina exoptata …sometimes known as the Much-desired Flabellina or the Desirable Flabellina, F. exoptata is a colorful species of Flabellinid nudibranch which was first described from Madang, Papua New Guinea in 1991. It is know known to be widespread throughout the tropical waters of the Indo-West Pacific. Like other nudibranchs, Flabellina exoptata is predatory and will feed on a range of sessile invertebrates. 
      Classification
      Animalia-Mollusca-Gastropoda-Euthyneura-Nudipleura-Nudibranchia-Dexiarchia-Cladobranchia-Aeolidida-Flabellinoidea-Flabellinidae-Flabellina-F. exoptata
      Image: Chika Watanabe
      Thank you Jehovah God for all your creatures great and small. You are a wonderful Creator! ?

• By Bible Speaks
      A Beautiful Story,...Of ? Trees? 
      Jehovah Does Answer Prayers,...
      Once there were 3 trees on a hill in the woods.
      They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said,...
      " Someday I hope to be a treasure chest, I could be filled with gold, silver and
      precious gems, I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."
      Then the second tree said,...
      " Someday I will be a mighty ship, I will take kings and queens across the waters
      and sail to the corners of the world, everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull "
      Finally the third tree said,...
      " I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest, people will
      see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching, I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me "
      After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees.
      When one came to the first tree he said,...
      " This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter."
      And he began cutting it down,...
      The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.
      At the second tree a woodsman said,...
      " This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to the shipyard "
      The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.
      When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true,...
      One of the woodsman said,...
      " I don't need anything special from my tree, so I'll take this one and store it "
      And he cut it down, when the first tree arrived at the carpenters, he was made into a feed box for animals,...
      He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay,...
      This was not at all what he had prayed for,...
      The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat,...
      His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end,...
      The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in the dark,...
      The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams,...
      Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn,...
      She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree,...
      The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do,...
      The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time,...
      Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree,...
      One of them was tired and went to sleep,...
      While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe,...
      The men woke the sleeping man, and he stood and rebuked the storm and the storm stopped,...
      At this time, the tree knew that it had carried Jesus in its boat,...
      Finally, someone came and got the third tree,...
      It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it,...
      When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill,...
      The tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to Jehovah God as was possible, because his Son Jesus had been impaled upon it,...
      The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going our way, always know that Jehovah God has a purpose for us,...
      If we place our trust in Him, He will give us all the desires of our hearts,...
      Each of the trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined,...
      We may not always know what Jehovah has in mind for us,...
      We just know that Jehovah God ways are always best,...
      Contributed —

• By Bible Speaks
      Love Everybody! - Some are Shorter Some are Tall! - ?

• By Bible Speaks
      DRINK “ONLY” FROM LIVING WATER! ?
      “A woman of Sa·mar?i·a came to draw water. Jesus said to her: “Give me a drink.”
      8 (For his disciples had gone off into the city to buy food.)
      9 So the Sa·mar?i·tan woman said to him: “How is it that you, despite being a Jew, ask me for a drink even though I am a Sa·mar?i·tan woman?” (For Jews have no dealings with Sa·mar?i·tans.)
      10 In answer Jesus said to her: “If you had known of the free gift of God and who it is who says to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”
      11 She said to him: “Sir, you do not even have a bucket for drawing water, and the well is deep. From what source, then, do you have this living water?
      12 You are not greater than our forefather Jacob, who gave us the well and who together with his sons and his cattle drank out of it, are you?”
      13 In answer Jesus said to her: “Everyone drinking from this water will get thirsty again.
      14 Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.”
      15 The woman said to him: “Sir, give me this water, so that I may neither thirst nor keep coming over to this place to draw water.”– (John 4:7-15).
      Tap on Video Link mp4 ______Enjoy! ?

82CAEB66-434B-4519-A1BF-564FE1A481D3.mp4
    • By Bible Speaks
      Work—A Blessing or a Curse? - ?
      Lesson for today. (Eccl 2:24)  We all know that work can be burdensome nowadays. Stress, hazards, boredom, disappointment, competition, deception, and injustice are just some of the “thorns and thistles” now associated with it. But work in itself is not a curse.
      At Ecclesiastes 3:13, the Bible calls work and its fruitage a gift from God. You can glorify God with your work. Quality and excellence in the workplace have always been praised. Quality is one of the keys to a Biblical view of work.
      God himself does his work with excellence. He has given us talents and abilities, and he wants us to use our skills to a good end. For example, during the construction of the tabernacle in ancient Israel, Jehovah filled people like Bezalel and Oholiab with wisdom, understanding, and knowledge, enabling them to carry out specific artistic and practical tasks. (Exodus 31:1-11)
      This shows that God took a special interest in the function, craftsmanship, design, and other details of their work. This has profound implications for our perception of personal abilities and work habits. It helps us see them in a sense as gifts from God, which are not to be taken for granted.
      Thus, Christians are admonished to do their work as if God himself were reviewing their performance: “Whatever you are doing, work at it whole-souled as to Jehovah, and not to men.” (Colossians 3:23)
      God’s servants are commanded to do good work, thus making the Christian message more attractive to coworkers and others.—See the box “Applying Bible Principles in the Workplace.” In the light of this, we do well to ask ourselves what kind of quality and diligence we put into our work.
      Would God be pleased with our performance? Are we fully satisfied with the way we carry out our assigned tasks? If not, there is room for improvement.—Proverbs 10:4; 22:29.
      ?
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005441#h=1:0-23:215

• By Bible Speaks
      ARE YOU READY!!!! IT IS TIME TO GET TO KNOW ABOUT THE KING OF GOD'S KINGDOM, JESUS CHRIST. 
      The journey starts this week. 
      Jesus—The Way, the Truth, the Life
      In this book, read about every event in the life of Jesus recorded in the Bible.
      Know why he is the only one qualified to be the ? king of God's Kingdom. JW. ORG
      https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/jesus/

• By Bible Speaks
      Beautiful Sunflower SeaStar Jehovah made! ?? - His Creations Are Amazing! - Are they not? - Jehovah will save the Oceans and all life! - ?
      The Splendor of Jehovah’s Creation
      “The Abounding Wealth of the Seas”
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004682?q=oceans&p=par#h=7
      ? Photograph by @paulnicklen // A sunflower seastar (Pycnopodia helianthoides) works stealthily across the ocean floor in search of food. They can grow up to 3 feet in diameter and travel at rip roaring speeds of 3 feet a minute as they seek out sea urchins. Water temperatures off the coast of the US and Canada have warmed by several degrees and tragically, this starfish species was the hardest hit from an aptly named disease called “starfish wasting disease”. I took this image several years ago when this species was everywhere. Now, they have all but vanished from this coast.  #climatechange #warmingoceans

• By Bible Speaks
      This is amazing and encouraging - lessons about Jobs wife ...? 
      During a recent visit of the circuit overseer (in Louisiana), he gave a talk centered on being tired/weary. The brother mentioned Jeremiah and how, after being put in stocks for just one day, he was complaining and cursing the man that announced his birth, and wishing that he had died in his mother's womb. Why? He was tired.
      Then the CO asked, what comes to mind when you think of Job's wife. Most people think of her telling Job to “curse God and die.” (Job 2:9).The CO asked why she wasn't rebuked with the three so-called “comforters”?
      It was brought out that Job's wife was tired—probably more tired than we can imagine. Consider the following: When the messengers told Job that he had lost all his livestock, . . . .Job's wife lost hers too.
      When Job was told that he had lost all his land and material goods, . . . . Job's wife lost hers too. When the messengers told Job that he had lost all his children, . . . .
      Job's wife lost hers too. The 10 children that she carried for 9 months each, bonded with them as she breast-fed each and every one of them, watched them grow up and stand tall, only to lose them all at once violently.
      Then, to make matters worse, her husband mysteriously and suddenly developed huge boils all over his body that are open and oozing pus and stink. She watched as the man she loves, the father of her children, cracked a pottery jar to scratch himself in order to alleviate some of the pain, but to no avail.
      This man, who has been all that to her, is staying away because his breath is so bad that no one can stand it. And she can only sit by helpless, without any explanation for anything.
      Would we want to continue to see someone suffer or would we too want him to die? Most of us would want a loved one out of their misery.
      So when Job's wife said “curse God and die,” she wasn't being disloyal to Jehovah. She wanted her husband's misery to end. It was an act of love. She was tired! In the end, not only was she not reproved but she was blessed with everything that Job received: 10 more children, more wealth, and a healthy husband.
      The CO continued: “There are times when, due to our health problems—either physical or mental, or financial or whatever else—we are not doing all that we feel we should.
      Once I myself was in such a state. A young friend asked me if I considered Job a faithful man. Of course, I said, 'oh yes!' Then she lovingly pointed out, that at one time, all Job could do was sit in the dirt and scrape his sores.
      That was his act of worship, proving Satan a liar. He did not lose faith. So, next time you are being hard on yourself for circumstances beyond your control, remember the account of Job.
      We can, in spite of our circumstances, still give a reply even if we are just breathing and praying to Jehovah to get through the next minute.
      Whether it is physical or mental distress, or financial, we can be like Job, only able to scrape our sores and pray to get through this trial. Yet we are still doing what
      Jehovah has asked us to do: give a reply to the one who is taunting him!!!
      So we can see in our times of trials Jehovah doesnÂ’t see doubt but desperation. He knows his children are suffering, tired and feeling as if they can't take it any more. But he also knows our hearts. That we love him and want to do his will. And he will make sure that we succeed. And in the end just as Job and his wife. We will be blessed for our efforts of tiredness, depression and suffering that we were able to break through in order to do his will.
      — Contributed 

• By Bible Speaks
      WE ARE TAUGHT TO LOVE ? IT IS A DOMINANT QUALITY OF OUR GOD JEHOVAH, ALL CREATION HAS LEARNED LOVE, CAN WE DISPLAY MORE LOVE TO OTHERS? IF WE DO WE PROVE OURSELVES CHILDREN OF OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN -
      Of all of God’s qualities, the most outstanding is his love. It is his essence, or nature. As important as his wisdom, justice, and power are, the Bible never says that Jehovah is any of those. But it does say that he is love. Yes, Jehovah is the personification of love. This is love guided by principle, not emotion. GodÂ’s love is governed by the principles of truth and righteousness. It is the highest form of love, as exemplified in Jehovah God himself. Such love is an expression of complete unselfishness and is always accompanied by tangible evidence of action.
      It is this wonderful quality of love that enables us to imitate such a God. As lowly, imperfect, mistake-prone humans, we may think that we could never do so successfully. 
      Another vivid proof of Jehovah’s creative power lies in the abundance of animal life on the earth. Psalm 148 lists many of the things that praise Jehovah, and verse 10 includes “you wild animals and all you domestic animals.” To show why man should be in awe of the Creator, Jehovah once spoke to Job about such animals as the lion, the zebra, the wild bull, Behemoth (or, hippopotamus), and Leviathan (evidently the crocodile). The point? If man stands in awe of these mighty, fearsome, and untamable creatures, how should he feel about their Creator?—Job, chapters 38-41.
      Psalm 148:10 also mentions “winged birds.” Just think of the varieties! Jehovah told Job of the ostrich, which “laughs at the horse and at its rider.” Indeed, this eight-foot-tall (2.5 m) bird may be flightless, but it can run 40 miles per hour (65 km/hr), covering up to 15 feet (4.5 m) in a single stride! (Job 39:13, 18) On the other hand, the albatross spends most of its life in the air over the seas. A natural glider, this bird has a wingspan of some 11 feet (3 m). It may soar for hours at a stretch without flapping its wings. By way of contrast, at only two inches (5 cm) in length, the bee hummingbird is the smallest bird in the world. It may flap its wings up to 80 times in a second! Hummingbirds, glittering like little winged gems, can hover like helicopters and even fly backward.
      Psalm 148:7 says that even the “sea monsters” praise Jehovah. Consider what is often thought to be the largest animal ever to live on this planet, the blue whale. This “monster” of the deep may reach a length of 100 feet (30 m) or more. It may weigh as much as a herd of 30 adult elephants. Its tongue alone weighs as much as one elephant. Its heart is the size of a small car. This huge organ beats only 9 times per minute—in contrast with the hummingbird’s heart, which may beat some 1,200 times per minute. At least one of the blue whale’s blood vessels is so large that a child could crawl inside it. Surely our hearts move us to echo the exhortation that concludes the book of Psalms: “Every breathing thing—let it praise Jah.”—Psalm 150:6.
      Easy? No! But Keep Trying! ?

• By Bible Speaks
      WHEN TO SPEAK ~ ? ???
      (Proverbs 20:19)
      19 “A slanderer goes about revealing confidential talk;
      Do not associate with one who loves to gossip.“
      Speech is part of our daily life, but we do not need to talk all the time. In fact, the Bible says that there is “a time to be silent.” (Eccl. 3:7) 
      ??
      Maintaining silence when others are speaking can be a mark of respect. (Job 6:24) 
      ??
      Controlling our tongue to keep quiet about a confidential matter gives evidence of discretion and discernment. (Prov. 20:19) 
      ??
      Restraining our tongue when we are provoked is the course of wisdom.—Ps. 4:4. - Bible Speaks - 
      ??
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2015924?q=prov+20%3A19&p=par

• By Bible Speaks
      RUSSIA
      Jehovah's Witnesses try to defend their Bible in the earthly court
      The earthly court in the person of the Leningrad Regional Court tried on December 6 in matters of the divine.
      The reason for the consideration of the case by a panel of three judges began to appeal, which is served by representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses in the judicial act of the Court Vyborg acknowledged the witnesses published translation of the Bible "Scripture - Translation of the New World "," extremist materials "at the request of prosecutors. The result of almost an hour and a half of consideration: the transfer of the case on December 20.
      To support his teachings came his numerous followers, men and women of different ages, who were shaken by the process. It was said that some of the followers were blessed by the elders for their presence in court and traveled from far away on electric trains to "pray for a just decision."
      "Yes, do not worry, do not be scared, everything is in the hands of God, people are narrow-minded, but he sees Jehovah as if everything were in the palm of his hand," said one of the followers of the faith.
      Jehovah's Witnesses had high hopes of being eyewitnesses to the meeting, but only those who were directly involved in the case were allowed to enter the room, which was designed for only six people, and refused to give more space to room.
      "walls" Setenepronitsaemye of the court in the Fontanka, 6 and deprived waiting for news from the room, since the participants in the process of witnesses could not send messages and keep up with what is happening excited believers.
      "The 21st century, and the Internet in the courthouse can not be organized," complained Jehovah's Witnesses standing in the cold.
      The motion for video and photographic recording of the trial process was also rejected by the judge, although they allowed the announcement of the decision to be part of the decision.
      Experienced followers of the Witnesses and the possible arrival of the police.
      "The last time in the Moscow court, the police came and went, the whole bus approached them, as if we were criminals, well, let them look, we are for the just cause," the parishioners complained, ready, they said, for reject the police and "defend their beliefs", responding to any of their interrogations.
      The meeting was attended by representatives of the prosecutor's office, the Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, and a representative of the religious community in Finland. Witness lawyer Anton Bogdanov, who represented several European organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses, said in court that the procedural law was violated in the appointment and conduct of the examination, as well as the substitution of the object of investigation.
      A representative of Jehovah's Witnesses, Maxim Novakov, also said that the decision of the trial court does not contain a single quote from the Bible in which experts had found signs of extremism.
      "The experts considered that the New World Translation is not a translation of the Bible, because it uses the personal name of God, Jehovah," - said Maxim Nowak, mentioning the fact that the name in Hebrew is present and in the bas-relief of the building of the Constitutional Court of Russia in St. Petersburg.
      By substituting the object of the study's lawyer he was referring to the fact that, in fact, the experts examined a very different book, namely the English-language edition of the "New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures." As proof of his thesis of Anton Bogdanov he referred to the many passages inserted in the opinion of the experts, taken from the course work of the student of one of the orthodox seminars devoted to that publication, but not the Jehovah's Witnesses of the Bible.
      "They did not even bother to put quotations in the course and Wikipedia appointments, there is generally an abracadabra in the exam: nonsensical text fragments It seems that the one who signed the exam never read it because, as if he were reading, He could not have signed it.The previous court did not pay attention to it, and today the judge agreed to question the three experts to comment on their investigations, and to eliminate this contradiction, "- said the representative of Jehovah's Witnesses was Jaroslav Sivulskii.
      According to him, the prosecution explained all the contradictions with a "simple typographical error".
      Representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses also pointed out the unacceptable error of the previous court, which entrusted a second investigation to the experts who conducted the initial examination. As a result, the Leningrad Regional Court considered it necessary to interview the experts who carried out the investigation, summoning them to court.
      The next meeting will be held in the same court on December 20, 2017.
      GOOGLE TRANSLATED × 
      http://m.proved-partner.ru/society/social-organizations/45370-svideteli-iegovy-pytayutsya-otstoyaty-svoyu-bibliyu-peped-zemnym-sudom.html

• By Bible Speaks
      The Star ? of Bethelhem Was it From God? 
      According to the Nativity story commonly told, God used a star to lead three wise The star of Bethlehem was it from God?,men, or kings, to the stable in Bethlehem and found Jesus, a newly born baby, in a manger. Countless children have even memorized the names of those three kings: Melchior, Caspar, and Baltazar. 
      But, who were those men? In the original Greek, the Bible calls them neither kings nor wise men. They were magi, or astrologers. They were practicers of the pagan art of divination based on the stars. 
      The Bible record reveals neither the names nor the number of these astrologers. Also, the star did not lead the men directly to Bethlehem, but to Jerusalem, where their inquiries about Jesus reached the ears of King Herod. Herod then “secretly summoned the astrologers,” who told him about the newborn “king of the Jews.” 
      Herod then said: “Go make a careful search for the young child, and when you have found him, report back to me.” Herod’s interest in Jesus, however, was anything but noble. Rather, this proud and ruthless ruler was resolved to put Jesus to death! (Matthew 2:1-8, 16) 
      Interestingly, the “star” now led the astrologers south to Bethlehem. There “it came to a stop” above the house where Jesus was. (Matthew 2:9, 10) 
      Consider, too, when did those men visit? Not when Jesus was a baby in a manger. How do we know that? The Gospel writer Matthew says: “When they went into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother.” (Matthew 2:11) 
      Note that Jesus was no longer a newborn baby, but a “young child.” Mary and Joseph were no longer spending nights in a stable; rather, they were, by then, living in a house. Clearly, this was no ordinary star! Religious leaders commonly teach that God sent the “star.” 
      Did he really? And why would God, who had used angels to inform humble shepherds of Jesus’ birth, now employ a star to guide pagan astrologers — first to Jesus’ enemy and then to the child himself? The only reasonable conclusion is that the star was a sinister device of Satan, who is capable of such manifestations. (2 Thessalonians 2:9, 10) 
       Ironically, today, an ornament called the 'Star of Bethlehem' is usually seen at the very top of the Christmas tree. - Bible Speaks

• By Bible Speaks
      WHY Show True Christian Love? ?
      (John 13:34, 35)
      "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”
      Because love is a product of GodÂ’s holy spirit, it enables true Christians to do what others cannot do, such as overcome racial, cultural, and political barriers.
      “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens,” said Jesus, “but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.” (Matt. 7:21) 
      Yes, it is not the professing of Christianity that pleases Jehovah but the practicing of it. For ChristÂ’s true followers, that involves their whole way of life, including their attitude toward money, secular work, entertainment, worldly customs and celebrations, and marriage and other relationships with fellow humans.
      False Christians, however, adopt the thinking and ways of the world, which have become increasingly ungodly during these last days. (Ps. 92:7)
      JW.ORG

• By Bible Speaks
      Woman came from Man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior. ~ ?
      (Proverbs 31:30) 
      "Charm may be false, and prettiness may be vain; [but] the woman that fears Jehovah is the one that procures praise for herself."
      - Bible Speaks - 
      Find more information at: jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      "To forgive a person takes love, to forget the wrongdoing takes humility". Serving Jehovah for me is the best way of life.. Hi friends ?

• By Bible Speaks
      Come Visit Jehovah’s Witnesses anywhereÂ’s on Earth ? JW.ORG
      Tap on Video Link mp4 ________Enjoy! 

F6C83FAE-E8FC-497C-B2AA-CF453BD77951.MP4
    • By Bible Speaks
      "You husbands, continue dwelling in like manner with them according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one."Ö (1 Pet. 3:7) 
      ?
      jw.org
      Husbands—Recognize Christ’s Headship
      “The head of every man is the Christ.”—1 CORINTHIANS 11:3.
      How to Face Marital Challenges
      How should husbands dwell with their wives?
      In todayÂ’s troubled world, husbands especially need to imitate JesusÂ’ example of patience, love, and firmness in upholding righteous principles. (2 Timothy 3:1-5)
      With regard to the model Jesus left, we read in the Bible: “You husbands, continue dwelling in like manner with [your wives] according to knowledge.” (1 Peter 3:7)
      Yes, husbands need to face marital challenges in a knowledgeable manner, just as Jesus faced difficulties. He suffered greater trials than has any other human, but he was aware that Satan, his demons, and this evil world were responsible for them. (John 14:30; Ephesians 6:12)
      Jesus was never surprised by trials, so neither should marriage mates be surprised when they experience “tribulation in their flesh.” The Bible warns that those who marry can expect to have such tribulation.—1 Corinthians 7:28.
      Husbands, the Bible says, should dwell with their wives “according to knowledge, assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one.” (1 Peter 3:7)
      Rather than harshly dominating his wife, as the Bible foretold that men would commonly do, a husband who wins GodÂ’s approval will honor her. (Genesis 3:16)
      He will want to treat her as a prized possession, never using his greater physical strength to hurt her. Instead, he will consider her feelings, always treating her with respect and dignity. -
      ?
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007124?q=1+peter+3%3A7&p=par#h=5

• By Bible Speaks
      HOW TO HARNESS YOUR HABITS
      3 Take a Long-Range View ?
      There is a popular notion that it takes 21 days to cement a new habit. In reality, though, research shows that it can take some people less time—and others a lot more—to make significant changes. Should that discourage you?
      Well, think of this scenario: Imagine that you want to build a habit of exercising three times a week.
      The first week, you meet your goal.
      The second week, you miss a day.
      The third week, you are back on track.
      The fourth week, you barely exercise once.
      The fifth week, you reach your goal again, and from that point forward, you meet it each week.
      ?
      It took five weeks to solidify your new habit. That may seem like a long time, but once you reach your goal, you will be glad you have cultivated a new good habit.
      ?
      BIBLE PRINCIPLE: “The righteous one may fall seven times, and he will get up again.”—Proverbs 24:16.
      ?
      The Bible encourages a long-range view. What counts in the end is, not how many times we fall, but how many times we get up again.
      ?
      What counts in the end is, not how many times we fall, but how many times we get up again
      WHAT YOU CAN DO
      ?
      Do not conclude that a relapse is a permanent failure. Expect to face some setbacks as you work toward your goal.
      Focus on the times when things went right. For example, if you are trying to improve the way you communicate with your children, ask yourself: ‘When was the last time I felt like yelling at my children, but didn’t? What did I do instead? How can I repeat that?’ Such questions can help you to reinforce your successes rather than dwell on your setbacks.
      ?
      Would you like to know how Bible principles can help you in other aspects of life, such as dealing with anxiety, building a happy family life, and finding real happiness? Speak with any of JehovahÂ’s Witnesses, or visit our website, jw.org.
      RELATED BIBLE PRINCIPLES
      “Fix your gaze straight ahead of you.”—Proverbs 4:25.
      ?
      “Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead, I am pressing on toward the goal.”—Philippians 3:13, 14.
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102016127?q=prov+4%3A25&p=par

• By Bible Speaks
      Do Not Let Illness Rob You of Joy ~ ! ?
      "Every breathing thing—let it praise Jah.
      Praise Jah!" (Ps. 150:6) 
      PICTURE yourself waking up wishing that the day would end before it has even begun. You have to cope with physical or emotional pain yet another day. You may even feel like Job, who said: “I would prefer death to all my sufferings.” (Job 7:15, The New English Bible)
      What if such a condition persists, even for years?
      We should avoid thinking that a personal affliction is evidence of God’s displeasure. (Lam. 3:33) Think of what Job had to go through despite being “blameless and upright.” (Job 1:8) God does not try anyone with evil things. (Jas. 1:13) All illnesses—including the chronic and the emotional—are a dismal legacy from our first parents, Adam and Eve.—Rom. 5:12
      Jehovah and Jesus, however, will not leave the righteous ones without help. (Ps. 34:15) Especially at difficult moments in our lives, we come to appreciate that God is ‘our refuge and our stronghold.’ (Ps. 91:2)
      So, then, when coping with conditions that have no easy solution, what can help you to maintain joy?
      Prayer: Following the pattern of God’s faithful servants of old, you can throw your burden on our heavenly Father in prayer. (Ps. 55:22) In doing so, you can experience “the peace of God that excels all thought.” That inner peace “will guard your hearts and your mental powers.” (Phil. 4:6, 7).
      Be positive: The key to coping with chronic illness without losing joy is often in your own hands. A gloomy disposition and despondent feelings can lead to negative thinking. The Bible states: “The spirit of a man can put up with his malady; but as for a stricken spirit, who can bear it?”—Prov. 18:14
      Keep in mind that Jehovah carefully notes your endurance. He feels for you in your suffering and cares for you. He will not “forget your work and the love you showed for his name.” (Heb. 6:10) Take to heart the promise he makes to all who fear him: “I will by no means leave you nor by any means forsake you.”—Heb. 13:5.
      If on occasion you do feel down, focus on the wonderful hope of living in the new world. The time is fast approaching when your own eyes will see on the earth the blessings of God’s Kingdom! 
      jw.org

• By Bible Speaks
      Take Refuge In The Name of Jehovah! ?
       "But as for me, the drawing near to God is good for me. In the Sovereign Lord Jehovah I have placed my refuge, To declare all your works." (Psalms 73:28).
      We can cultivate love for God by reading his Word daily and meditating on what it reveals about him. In heartfelt prayer, we can praise Jehovah and thank him for his goodness to us. (Philippians 4:6-7)
      Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus." We can sing to Jehovah and benefit from regular association with his people.
      (Hebrews 10:23-25) Let us hold fast the public declaration of our hope without wavering, for he is faithful that promised. 24 And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, 25 not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as YOU behold the day drawing near." Then, too, our love for God will grow as we engage in the ministry and declare “the good news of salvation by him.”
      (Psalm 96:1-3) Sing to Jehovah a new song. Sing to Jehovah, all [YOU people of] the earth. 2 Sing to Jehovah, bless his name. From day to day tell the good news of salvation by him. 3 Declare among the nations his glory, Among all the peoples his wonderful works." We uphold Jehovah’s sovereignty and maintain our integrity by preaching righteousness, making disciples, applying Scriptural counsel, and assembling with fellow believers at meetings, assemblies, and conventions. 
      Such activities help us to be courageous, spiritually strong, and successful in doing GodÂ’s will. This is not too difficult for us because we have the support of our heavenly Father and his Son.
      (Deuteronomy 30:11-14) “For this commandment that I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it far away. 12 It is not in the heavens, so as to result in saying, ‘Who will ascend for us into the heavens and get it for us, that he may let us hear it that we may do it?’ 13 Neither is it on the other side of the sea.” – BibleSpeaks  – Picture of God’s Name at Genesis 15:2 in William Tyndale Translation of the Pentateuch, 1530

• By Bible Speaks
      Can the Dead Really Live Again?
      Millions have asked this question.
      The Bible Provides the answer. 
      ???
      https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/dead-live-again-tract/dead-live-again/ - Bible Speaks

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pastel
    Newest Member
    pastel

• Topics

• 2011, after the Nation realized they could NOT keep their doctor, they could NOT keep their health plan, and the $2500 every person was going to save on their Health Care, was going to cost them about $10,000 more, and if they did not buy it, the IRS would add a whopping fine to their Income Tax return. On a related note, in 1980, the Governing Body in considering the "signs in the heavens ..." actually considered declaring Sputnik to be the fulfillment of Bible Prophesy, Schroeder, Karl Klein and Grant Suiter proposed moving the beginning of the "generation" to the year 1957, to coincide with the 1957 Sputnik event,  and it almost became "new light", except a 66-2/3 majority vote was needed to adopt that policy, and one member of the Governing Body went to the restroom, and when he came back, he changed his vote, and it failed by one vote. In retrospect, perhaps the Brother should have held his water.
    • What year did robocalls from the cloud begin besieging every man woman and child on earth day and night?
    • All jokes have to have an element of truth ..... and THIS one certainly does!
    • It's a difficult doctrine, with an easy explanation. The Earth is about 3.5 billion years old. Each creative day is (3.5 billion divided by 7 = 500,000,000) about 500 million years.. Armageddon will occur at the "End of Days". Therefore ... "Stay Alive, 'till 500,001,975". See? The math works out perfectly, AND it agrees with fossils ! TA DA! Plus! --- the .ORG gets a LOT of "wiggle room". As Marvin Webster sez: "Ya'll think about it."    
    • Like you, I find it difficult to envision Christ's enthronement in 33 CE, for pretty much the same reasons as you. The urgency and keeping on the watch would almost seem cruel, if it was to last nearly 2000 years. Unless you think about those who have been waiting since the end of the 1800's and that have now died. Well for them, it was a lifetime of waiting anyway, so pretty much we could say that there would be no difference between someone waiting their whole lifetime in the middle ages and dying, than someone waiting their whole lifetime and dying now. I mean with respect to the individual. It seems like the scripture "Therefore, beloved ones, since you are awaiting these things, do your utmost to be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace"  would have practical meaning for both individuals. I am assuming that most ordinary folk (at least in Christianized nations) were aware that if they lived a good and godly life they would land in heaven. That was the reward. But you do make a good point when you say that the holy writings were not accessible to ordinary folk, and most couldn't read so would they even know  what Peter wrote about in 2 Peter ch3? On top of that, "Christian" religion, Catholicism, did not advocate millennialism much, if at all. It wasn't until the protestant reformation in the 16 the century that millenialism was revived. Excerpt from the Catholic encyclopedia: (I don't expect you to read it all, just here for info) " Protestant fanatics (lol) of the earlier years, particularly the Anabaptists, believed in a new, golden age under the sceptre of Christ, after the overthrow of the papacy and secular empires. In 1534 the Anabaptists set up in Münster (Westphalia) the new Kingdom of Zion, which advocated sharing property and women in common, as a prelude to the new kingdom of Christ. Their excesses were opposed and their millenarianism disowned by both the Augsberg (art. 17) and the Helvetian Confession (ch. 11), so that it found no admission into the Lutheran and Reformed theologies. Nevertheless, the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries produced new apocalyptic fanatics (lol) and mystics who expected the millennium in one form or another: in Germany, the Bohemian and Moravian Brethren (Comenius); in France, Pierre Jurien (L'Accomplissement des Propheties, 1686); in England at the time of Cromwell, the Independents and Jane Leade. A new phase in the development of millenarian views among the Protestants commenced with Pietism. One of the chief champions of the millennium in Germany was I.A. Bengel and his disciple Crusius, who were afterwards joined by Rothe, Volch, Thiersch, Lange and others. Protestants from Wurtemberg emigrated to Palestine (Temple Communities) in order to be closer to Christ at His second advent. Certain fantastical sects of England and North America, such as the Irvingites, Mormons, Adventists, adopted both apocalyptic and millenarian views, expecting the return of Christ and the establishment of His kingdom at an early date. Some Catholic theologians of the nineteenth century championed a moderate, modified millenarianism, especially in connection with their explanations of the Apocalypse. So it would appear that anyone living from 33 C.E  up to the 16th century (apart from the disciples and early Christian congregation, and some early church fathers) would have no idea about even the existence of the coming of Christ as king of a 1000 year kingdom...  
    • No idea. The primary point was that people would tremble at such signs in the heavens. A space race with military implications was already hinted at in part of the yw book, which was already about Daniel and therefore had the king of the north in its sights.
    • Another sinister feather in the cap of the northern king. Did he want to tie in the Daniel prophesy?
  • Popular Now