Bible Speaks

Human rights watch, the world human rights observer organization, makes a report of the 10 most shocking news in the world. ~ ???

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Bible Speaks -
Bible Speaks -

Top Posters

There is excellent competition for categories of 'shocking' and many involve large scale killings, torture and rape. 

The ban on Witness activity in Russia does not yet rate on this scale and likely will not - though one never knows. It is head-and-shoulders the most important story as regards freedom of worship, but this is only one of many human rights.

The list is compiled according to stories most publicized. To that extent, the Governing Body must be given much credit, for they did not allow this thing to be done in a corner.

Still, there is another list on the HRW website of ten videos - of shocking blood and guts violence - the the Witness ban does not even appear on this one. There has to be gore galore to make a dent today in the world's greater consciousness.  The Witness ban, while it is the most spiritually shocking event, is not the most physically shocking, or even close. 

5 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

There is excellent competition for categories of 'shocking' and many involve large scale killings, torture and rape. 

The ban on Witness activity in Russia does not yet rate on this scale and likely will not - though one never knows. It is head-and-shoulders the most important story as regards freedom of worship, but this is only one of many human rights.

The list is compiled according to stories most publicized. To that extent, the Governing Body must be given much credit, for they did not allow this thing to be done in a corner.

Still, there is another list on the HRW website of ten videos - of shocking blood and guts violence - the the Witness ban does not even appear on this one. There has to be gore galore to make a dent today in the world's greater consciousness.  The Witness ban, while it is the most spiritually shocking event, is not the most physically shocking, or even close. 

@TrueTomHarley

True!  But to US it is! ??????

• Similar Content

• By JOHN BUTLER
      This topic is aimed toward asking ADMIN these questions. I do not know who Admin are. Some folks here seem to have made friends with Admin where as I just use the forum. 
      Why was Jehovah's Witnesses Private Club set up ?
      Should it be 999% about Jehovah's Witnesses and their Organisation, which would include the GB ?
      Am I therefore wrong when i only talk about Jehovah's Witnesses and have no interest in other religions ?
      There are those on here that regularly 'bite my ears off' because i only talk about the JW's, but I thought that was the intention of this forum.
      Admin please clarify these matters for me, please ...... 
    • By Bible Speaks
      News -------------------------------------------
      Quito: (interview) love for his neighbor makes Jehovah's witnesses look for the deserving of the message of the kingdom of God in the territories of all countries, peoples, languages and races. For example in Quito, stands or exhibitors of books are installed in the Mandarin Chinese language...

Hello guest! Please register or sign in (it's free) to view the hidden content.  

• By ARchiv@L
      After looking at the new 2017 year book, I see that JWs can be found EVERYWHERE!
      Even outside some big buildings like churches.
      See the front cover, and page 61.

that really means preaching everywhere!!

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fesahayonatan
    Newest Member
    fesahayonatan

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.