Matthew9969

• Views 3.5k
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem with the "tacking", is the front of one shoe is nailed to the floor, and any "progress" is made in either a clockwise or counter-clockwise circle. Creating an artificial sense of urge

Hear, my son, and receive my sayings,And the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom;I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered,And w

Dear Cheepcheep, thank you for your polite response. Although you are trying to look at the organization’s “tacking” objectively, you have not mentioned the light of Christ in your comment.  Each a

Posted Images

On 12/27/2017 at 20:19, Matthew9969 said:

reference for new

bible have;  NEW wine, commandment, king, house, ropes, wagon, moon, sword, garment, bowl, courtyard, witnesses, plant, skin, song, grass, spirit, ground, ones, instrument, things, something, name, heavens, earth, gate, covenant, days, heart, fruit, tomb, teaching, patch, wineskins, sense, lump, creation, man, force, personality, birth, Jerusalem, 

No new light ;))

1 hour ago, Nana Fofana said:

Proverbs 4:

18 But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light

That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.

Nice try, but with no real effect Nana :)

First of all the main point here is THE PATH and not the light! Path of some person (righteous one) can go in good direction only with help from higher Source (the light aka God and this LIGHT is NOT CHANGEABLE  as it is JW light of/on interpretations, This light is the same in all stages of the day - no shadows).

In this verses, here, wise man talking about humans path, not God's light. Humans evolution, spiritual progress in righteousness is in fokus. Not progress about doctrines of some religious system. It is about Your/mine personal progress and development  in love, justice, mercy, compassion and such things  -  not in type and antitype interpretations, not about prophecies meaning of some bible books, not about procedures on how to handle organizational issues of WT Company.  

Light is from the same source as in the morning and in the middle of the day and in the evening. In verbatim life, sunny light in the morning and in the evening are not sufficient for person to see things in full picture. So, these circle are repeating every single day. Does this mean that JW are living in periods, stages  of morning, day and evening light in circles??? Because literal light have all this stages as Proverbs gives us to conclude. Is it the same with JW spiritual light??  Is it the same with doctrines and interpretations of JWorg? 

What teaching of JWorg give us assurance that particular teachings are in stage of morning light, and what teachings are in stage of full daylight, and what teachings are now in stage of evening light??

In literal way, translated to you, and in fact asking you or other JW member; "What teaching will come in the future with morning light?? What teaching will stay whole day under full daylight? And what teaching will perished as daylight going down into the evening light or night (or darkness, hehe) ?   

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2017 at 6:14 AM, Nana Fofana said:

It's talk about one sunrise that slowly develop, yatt u not gatt borrtt. 

Or maybe you can say, is won way u can walk opright, ["righteous" , gatt it?] 

Main plaice you walking? 

Out of babylonss! 

Dey [babysslons] were in  darksness - hevving sstarrgayssers- NOT hevv tolt dey derstrahcktion.

Hendwrite vass on wall!   Dey kootz-not read!!

Yatt WE walks out - patth straight and clear because light on path ahead- u looks at dat. 

Dis -keep had opright

Daystar dawn in heart! [ you so happy!] 

everr-increasse-light ovv MORNINK,  Starzz fate -out. 

[DEY GRATELY OVVERRAITTET ALL- ALONKSS]

What is this? Mockery? Are you serious here? You have just demonstrated your position on the subject and it is lacking. Instead of supporting your stance, you dodge it with a diversion such as this. I'm pretty sure you have supported your positions in the past quite well, but here you failed.  

We have consistently reported that light means our understanding of things. However, we must differentiate between light-itself, and reflected light. For God is the source of light and he does not change. So light cannot be understanding since our understanding shifts constantly like the reflected light of the sun on the landscape as the sun rises up until noon or full daylight, when the day is at it's brightest, rather than a full or complete day as the sun sets. In that is another implication, that of the sun reaching its apparent peak at noon necessarily means that it wanes following the peak, that is if like the actual sun, it keeps moving forward and does not remain stationary :)  Of course, if it's a cycle, it will return to daylight eventually. Our understanding keeps changing yes, our viewpoint or perspective keeps changing, yes. But the light source has little apparent change if any. Also, too, the scenery changes over an extended time. What was once mountains and valleys may now be filled in oceans or covered in cities or roads. So the scene of this world keeps changing too. But we have stated that what we look at does not change, but our understanding or perspective of it. While true, if I stand outside my house on one side at dawn but simultaneously move one meter every hour clockwise, I will see both a different perspective and a different reflected light, than if I remained in front of the house all day long. So it does make me wonder, are we also moving around the object we're looking at as well as the sun moving across the spiritual sky? As this would be quite significant... It reminds me of the five blind sages who went to "see" an elephant story!

1 hour ago, Cheepcheep said:

So it does make me wonder, are we also moving around the object we're looking at as well as the sun moving across the spiritual sky? As this would be quite significant... It reminds me of the five blind sages who went to "see" an elephant story!

I have thought the exact same thing ... with the exact same example.

It is real crying shame that most JWs have no idea what the value is of such simple education.

It's worth looking up .... and meditating on.

Proverbs 4:18 is beautiful, but it isn’t the route the Watchtower takes.  Follow the path of “this generation” teaching from the beginning.  Map it out, and you will find a very crooked path.  Do the same with all Watchtower’s proclaimed dates, including 1914.  Soon, a confusing maze has developed with no end in sight.  If a spiritual leader or teacher that we have trusted in, tells us that “light” is over “there”, even in a place/teaching visited before (as is the case with “this generation”); once arriving, and the test of time proves we have found no assured light…for the first, second or third time -  surely we take this faulty guidance as an untruth – a deception – a lie…and darkness.   Surely.  

“As a dog returns to its vomit, so also a fool repeats his foolishness. Do you see a person who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.”  Prov 26:11,12

A child might say, “you tricked me!”, having enough sense to know when to quit believing the tricks.    JWs appear to be numb to this trick since it is balanced by soothing words of apparent wisdom, and apparent light.  Prov 5:3;29:3;55:21; Rev 2:20

Guard your heart above all else,
for it is the source of life.
 Don’t let your mouth speak dishonestly,
and don’t let your lips talk deviously
.  Prov 4:23,24

INDIVIDUALLY, the path of righteousness and light begins by stepping out of the maze and off the crooked path of deception.  Prov 4:14,15

My son, pay attention to my words;
listen closely to my sayings.
 Don’t lose sight of them;
keep them within your heart.

For they are life to those who find them,
and health to one’s whole body. Prov 4:20-22

“Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who lives in me does his works.”  John 14:10

Jesus answered, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. The one who doesn’t love me will not keep my words. The word that you hear is not mine but is from the Father who sent me.”  John 14:23,24

The path of the righteous is like the light of dawn,

This path is in following Christ, who is compared to the sun.   Matt 17:2; Rev 22:16; Ps 89:36

Jesus spoke to them again: “I am the light of the world. Anyone who follows me will never walk in the darkness but will have the light of life.”

Prov 4 is about gaining and retaining wisdom in Christ, who holds within him, God’s Word, light and life.  (John 1:1) An anointed teacher should reflect such wisdom and light obtained from Christ; which always begins as light, and is always growing in more light.  Matt 5:14-16; 2 Tim 1:13,14; Tit 1:9; Luke 12:37; Matt 13:43;(Acts 26:17,18; Eph 5:8)

shining brighter and brighter until midday.

“We also have the prophetic word strongly confirmed, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.”

But the way of the wicked is like the darkest gloom;
they don’t know what makes them stumble. 

If doctrine is forever needing changing, and false prophesies are pronounced, how can it be dismissed that the hearers are NOT stumbled as they grope in the darkness of the proclamation?  Can darkness ever be called light?  2 Cor 6:14

“If we say, “We have fellowship with him,” and yet we walk in darkness, we are lying and are not practicing the truth.”  1 John 1:6 (John 14:6)

An example of proposed fellowship in Christ, darkness and a lie:

Wt 1/1/1924 p. 5 - "Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus is present and has been since 1874."

“Pay close attention to your life and your teaching; persevere in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and your hearers.”

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you.  John 15:7

“For you are all children of light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or the darkness… 1 Thess 5:5

…As long as they guard their heart. Luke 6:45,44; John 7:38

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental (or spiritual) path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.HD Thoreau

Prov 4 speaks of two paths – the straight path, continually in light; or the wicked path, off the course of truth. We can choose either to dominate our life.  Discarded Watchtower doctrine was never truth…or light.  Those who teach and speak doctrine aside from the teachings/words of Christ have no light in themselves and rob the hearer of the true light of Christ, even though the anointed teacher may speak his name.  Matt 24:23-27

You don’t have his word residing in you, because you don’t believe the one he sent.  You pore over the Scriptures because you think you have eternal life in them, and yet they testify about me.  But you are not willing to come to me so that you may have life.  John 5:38-40

This is true of JWs.  They are willing to “come to Jehovah’s organization”, but not directly to Christ, since the leadership teaches salvation begins when one enters the door of the organization. According to Christ, this makes the organization a thief.

I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

2 Thess 2:9-12 – “The coming of the lawless one is based on Satan’s working, with all kinds of false miracles, signs, and wonders, and with every wicked deception among those who are perishing. They perish because they did not accept the love of the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a strong delusion so that they will believe the lie12 so that all will be condemned—those who did not believe the truth but delighted in unrighteousness.”

Truth, in verse 12:  alḗtheia (from 227 /alēthḗs, "true to fact") – properly, truth(true to fact), reality.

[In ancient Greek culture, 225 (alḗtheia) was synonymous for "reality" as the opposite of illusion, i.e. fact.]

The organization is the illusion/delusion of light, life and truth;  and a path many have chosen.

The reality – the true facts from God’s Word, show it is Christ who is light, life and truth, and the only path for the righteous. 

“I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them.”  Isa 42:16

20 hours ago, Nana Fofana said:

applies to what critics mock as "Nooo light!", that they claim happens too frequently.  I don't feel that way at all about ever increasing light on the path, for individuals as they keep learning, and for the organization as a whole.

Hear, my son, and receive my sayings,
And the years of your life will be many.
 I have taught you in the way of wisdom;
I have led you in right paths.
 When you walk, your steps will not be hindered,
And when you run, you will not stumble.

Are these rejected dates the way of wisdom? If they contained light, why are they not kept as a light source?

539 A.D.
1940s

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.