The World News Media

Is it time for this forum to close its doors?

Ann O'Maly

• Views 5.7k
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I won't speak for the @admin since he is probably not even aware of this "controversy" right now.... BUT.... I just can't imagine Jesus Christ creating JesusChrist.org to publish his words..

My thoughts exactly @The Librarian So many concerning takeaways from this article. 1. It's a-okay for the org to completely restrict an entire area of preaching (social media). Social media

From the April 2018 Watchtower, p. 30-31. This is a bona fide, unadulterated copy (honest).  What are your thoughts on this article? Btw, I hope the irony of posting this here is not lo

Posted Images

On 12/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, Gone Fishing said:

Firstly, is the naming of theworldnewsmedia.org genuine?

No, it's not there of course. We would not do that. Here is the article:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-april-2018/publications-personal-websites/

I may get sued for this!

Actually I shouldn't because by posting this link I am directing people to our website. So all is good :)

" Therefore, as the Terms of Use indicates, you may e-mail someone an electronic copy of a publication or share a link to material found on jw.org."

3 hours ago, Ann O'Maly said:

Btw, I hope the irony of posting this here is not lost on you guys, lol.

No it's not lost, but I'm afraid you have misunderstood. The article is mainly concerned about websites and apps posing as genuine official JW websites or apps.  Posting links to JW.org on a website such as this is fine. There is absolutely no reason to shut this or any other website such as this down. It's obvious it's not posing as an official JW website, lol. 

But obviously what you have done (or someone else) with overwriting worldnewsmedia.org over a copyrighted WT picture is misleading therefor a misuse of copyright. 

On 12/29/2017 at 1:05 PM, Ann O'Maly said:

This is a bona fide, unadulterated copy (honest)

On 12/29/2017 at 4:27 PM, Gone Fishing said:

Firstly, is the naming of theworldnewsmedia.org genuine?

On 12/29/2017 at 4:40 PM, Anna said:

No, it's not there of course. We would not do that. Here is the article:

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/watchtower-study-april-2018/publications-personal-websites/

So, with regret Ann, you have demonstrated the reason for the Society's warning: "If the spiritual food passes through other channels, there is no guarantee that it has not been altered or contaminated." (I will resist posting the other two words).

Is it time for the forum to close? That's a decision for those who run it. But for any genuine Jehovah's Witnesses, it is time to say.... goodbye! :(

In the short time I have been active here, I have gained a most useful insight into the thinking of a wide range of people, both favourably and unfavourably disposed. I have picked up a wealth of information on a whole range of topics I probably would not have been able to discuss anywhere else. I like to think I may have been able to contribute a little with 1096 upvotes of one type or another.

I have noted of late a more determined "anti" GB presence here, and I include the tendency of some to rather patronisingly treat them with disrespect. I suppose an inevitable price that is paid to have a tolerant, freedom of speech policy, but a sad reality of any freedom is that abuse by a few brings restriction for many!

So, to those of you with whom the interchange has been pleasant,

¡Te veo en el otro lado, espero!

And to those of you who felt otherwise, thanks for the time.

You may look for me, but this time I really have gone fishing.jpgfor good! :)

Just now, Gone Fishing said:

So, with regret Ann, you have demonstrated the reason for the Society's warning: "If the spiritual food passes through other channels, there is no guarantee that it has not been altered or contaminated." (I will resist posting the other two words).

Is it time for the forum to close? That's a decision for those who run it. But for any genuine Jehovah's Witnesses, it is time to say.... goodbye! :(

In the short time I have been active here, I have gained a most useful insight into the thinking of a wide range of people, both favourably and unfavourably disposed. I have picked up a wealth of information on a whole range of topics I probably would not have been able to discuss anywhere else. I like to think I may have been able to contribute a little with 1096 upvotes of one type or another. 

I have noted of late a more determined "anti" GB presence here, and I include the tendency of some to rather patronisingly treat them with disrespect. I suppose an inevitable price that is paid to have a tolerant, freedom of speech policy, but a sad reality of any freedom. 

So, to those of you with whom the interchange has been pleasant,

¡Te veo en el otro lado, espero!

And to those of you who felt otherwise, thanks for the time.

You may look for me, but this time I really have gone fishing.jpg for good! :)

NOOOO, you have misunderstood this whole thing. Me posting a link to JW.org is fine! See my reply to Ann O'Maly

Just now, Gone Fishing said:

You are Anna. The reply is to Ann (O'Maly). See what I mean? The posts don't even get read properly. Tut..Tut!:)

I know, but to be fair you did quote me in the same reply :). So I was just telling you my bit :)

I won't speak for the @admin since he is probably not even aware of this "controversy" right now....

BUT....

I just can't imagine Jesus Christ creating JesusChrist.org to publish his words... and then tell everyone that nobody has the legal right to copy his words.

If anything EVERY KING of Israel was to MAKE A COPY of the scrolls.... to what purpose? TO SHARE THEM.

The Watchtower Lawyers are thinking of JW.org as a money making for profit corporation instead of the charity and group of like minded bible students that it should be and was at one time..

When the apostles were angered that others were preaching the gospel of Jesus what did he tell them? 

"Round up the Christian Lawyers" ... NO!!! 

Advertise, Advertise , Advertise the King and His Kingdom......hmmm...... 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.